southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found

Contact us with your news. Mob/Txt 07530 315 478 southport@qnews.co.uk
Please also follow us on our live Twitter Feed
  1. thediscovolante says:12/01/2019 05:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nosobored View Post
    What complete crap.There about 30 years ago was an issue relating to Beta emitters which are harmess unless you sit on a hot patch with bear skin,That came from Springfield and not Sellafield,Get your facts strait as for Woodvale its whats underneath the airfield that concerns the RAF and the security risk it imposes,Get your facts right.The asbestos is just a cover story nothing else.
    please im interested,,whats a beta emitter?, where would you get a bear skin?,is springfield where homer simpson lives....i found woodvale airfield a magical place in my youth, i learnt to fly, drive a fire engine etc, and i would love the public to share that experience,,the airfield should be used to benefit the town and the rally is the perfect vehicle,,please someone with infuence get woodvale re instated as a rally and dont let the pc brigade stop all our pleasure

  2. Contact us with your news. Mob/Txt 07530 315 478 southport@qnews.co.uk




    Your Comments:


  3. gsgsgs says:12/01/2019 05:33 PM
    What is conspiracy theory, the asbestos is a cover storey a cover storey for what?

  4. Little Londoner says:12/01/2019 07:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gsgsgs View Post
    What is conspiracy theory, the asbestos is a cover storey a cover storey for what?
    It's a cover story for the Commanding Officer not wanting Joe Public wandering about at any rallies. As someone has already pointed out if there was such a danger from asbestos it would have been got rid of pronto.

    Oh by the way if the poster looking for "Nuclear" (or newkiller as dim wit George Dubbya called it) reasons why mention Springfield (non Military) and not Capenhurst.

  5. gsgsgs says:13/01/2019 11:26 AM
    What is Woodvale used for, it's called RAF Woodvale is there a RAF presence, I know you can learn to fly from there.

  6. clive764 says:13/01/2019 01:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gsgsgs View Post
    What is Woodvale used for, it's called RAF Woodvale is there a RAF presence, I know you can learn to fly from there.
    It is called RAF Woodvale because it is a RAF station, and has been since 1941.
    It currently houses:
    Liverpool University Air Squadron
    Manchester and Salford Universities Air Squadron
    No. 10 Air Experience Flight
    No. 631 Volunteer Gliding Squadron
    No. 611 (West Lancashire) Squadron (RAuxAF)

    In the most recent MOD Strategic Defence Review it was categorised as a strategically important installation as it is the only operational RAF station in North West England and has a runway length commensurate with accommodating the largest service aircraft. Its permanent staff are MOD employees (Civilian, Service, and Reservists) and MOD contractors.

  7. dave says:13/01/2019 04:33 PM
    Is the police helicopter stationed at Woodvale? I seem to remember it being vandalised there a few years ago

  8. clive764 says:13/01/2019 04:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    Is the police helicopter stationed at Woodvale? I seem to remember it being vandalised there a few years ago
    Merseyside Police no longer has its own helicopter. Police helicopters are provided by the National Police Air Service and shared across Forces. The police helicopters seen above Southport would usually be based at Barton in Lancashire or Hawarden in North Wales.

  9. nosobored says:13/01/2019 07:47 PM
    As usual spewing your torrent of bovine effluent with your uninformed and small minded bs,Woodvale has 3 strategic bunkers underneath,it is also a strategic airfield rated in the defence review as essential,But then you wouldn't know this because your a unskilled uneducated rail worker with a penchant for absolute peasantry and you dont even come from southport,But i am still waiting for you to come and put me in hospital like you promised *****..
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Londoner View Post
    I never knew Guards used to be based at Woodvale, they are the only service that use bear skin aren't they? As for what is underneath Woodvale like most properties in the area it is SAND. Christ I've never heard such rubbish as some feeble minded people believe.

  10. nosobored says:13/01/2019 07:55 PM
    Springfield is the very large white collection of buildings on the far bank of the Ribble east of Freckleton,An example of a common beta emitter found in our marshes is ceaseum 137,you must be thick not to know that and as for you having a PPL pull the other one,And without a doubt one place the Woodvale rally should of never been allowed after LDMAC pulled out as they were the only reason it was held there in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by thediscovolante View Post
    please im interested,,whats a beta emitter?, where would you get a bear skin?,is springfield where homer simpson lives....i found woodvale airfield a magical place in my youth, i learnt to fly, drive a fire engine etc, and i would love the public to share that experience,,the airfield should be used to benefit the town and the rally is the perfect vehicle,,please someone with infuence get woodvale re instated as a rally and dont let the pc brigade stop all our pleasure

  11. Coastal99 says:14/01/2019 11:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nosobored View Post
    after LDMAC pulled out as they were the only reason it was held there in the first place.
    LDMAC = the model club ?

    Why did they pull out of Woodvale ?

  12. Little Londoner says:14/01/2019 04:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nosobored View Post
    As usual spewing your torrent of bovine effluent with your uninformed and small minded bs,Woodvale has 3 strategic bunkers underneath,it is also a strategic airfield rated in the defence review as essential,But then you wouldn't know this because your a unskilled uneducated rail worker with a penchant for absolute peasantry and you dont even come from southport,But i am still waiting for you to come and put me in hospital like you promised *****..
    Did they tunnel under the railway or the Formby by-pass when they were building these THREE bunkers as the airstrip was developed pretty quickly on the site of the Freshfield Golf Club. As there is a Railway at one side with a great view right across the Airfield as there is from the Formby by-pass they must have built the bunkers at night when no one could see the tons and tons of concrete and steel being threaded through a rabbit hole and as far as I can recall the airfield has never closed whilst they built them. You say I am thick and uneducated but if I believed the absolute claptrap you have spewed forth I'd never have got a job anywhere let alone brushing streets with you. By the way I was born and bred in Southport as were my Grandfather and grandmother, my father, and my two brothers my Mother was a foreigner from Formby. The hospital is full at the moment so you'll have to wait.

  13. luluconstance says:14/01/2019 10:05 PM
    so am i right in presuming that bonfire night will be cancelled too - considering fairground rides are always in operation on the night?

  14. gsgsgs says:14/01/2019 10:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by luluconstance View Post
    so am i right in presuming that bonfire night will be cancelled too - considering fairground rides are always in operation on the night?
    It was cancelled last year, so possibly.

  15. Albion102 says:16/01/2019 01:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by roughjustice View Post
    The Asbestos is just a 'Red Herring'....If there was any more than 'acceptable background' it would be sorted out or dealt with to reduce risks to operational and University Air Sqdn personnel etc.

    As stated it is quite a 'strategically placed' installation not least because of it's location, size if runways and proximity to Northern Ireland.

    I strongly suspect someone has decided that given the raising of 'threat level' in the UK due to Terrorism is was a good excuse to kick the show off the site and avoid the massive risks/security issues of Policing several thousand members of the public wandering around un supervised on a military site.

    The Police Helicopter was vandalised twice at Woodvale causing massive embarrassment as it is......Imagine the questions that would be asked if terrorists carried out an attack on an RAF base amid thousands of civilians and the Kudos they would make from it.
    Whereas it is OK for 50,000 a day to cram into RAF Fairford during RIAT ?
    I would be fascinated to know the importance of having an airfield close to Northern Ireland.

  16. nosobored says:16/01/2019 03:08 PM
    Just shows how full of crap you really are RAF woodvale has been there since 1941 construction started in 1939 as usual you are wrong and making the story up i rest my case moron, it fools no one your a clown and a *****
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Londoner View Post
    Did they tunnel under the railway or the Formby by-pass when they were building these THREE bunkers as the airstrip was developed pretty quickly on the site of the Freshfield Golf Club. As there is a Railway at one side with a great view right across the Airfield as there is from the Formby by-pass they must have built the bunkers at night when no one could see the tons and tons of concrete and steel being threaded through a rabbit hole and as far as I can recall the airfield has never closed whilst they built them. You say I am thick and uneducated but if I believed the absolute claptrap you have spewed forth I'd never have got a job anywhere let alone brushing streets with you. By the way I was born and bred in Southport as were my Grandfather and grandmother, my father, and my two brothers my Mother was a foreigner from Formby. The hospital is full at the moment so you'll have to wait.


Custom Search
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register



       
Supporting Local Business
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal


Jobs from Indeed



UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News


Supporting Local Business
178 Bispham Road, Southport, PR9 7DF
Although mainly catering for the family cyclist, our business encompasses all aspects of cycling.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 228805
Supporting Local Business
38 Hoghton Street, Southport, PR9 0PQ
We are committed to Private Client work, and to offering our clients our skills and experience at a specialist level, particularly in the areas of tax and estate planning
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 500024

Supporting Local Business
Unit 24 AK Business Park, Russell Road, Southport, PR9 7SA
Rimmers Windows, a family run business, has gone from strength to strength since opening in 1991 and has developed a reputation second to none for top quality windows and doors, available at very competitive rates.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 505511
Supporting Local Business
Rimmer Scaffolding, 11 Guildford Road, Southport, PR8 4JU
For a professional, cost-effective scaffolding service, Rimmer Scaffolding are the local specialists who remember that safety comes first and who don't cut corners.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 550859


Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)