southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst ...
    Likes / Dislikes

Exclamation Blagueur in the house?

said's post:
    "Bandwaggoning again? I do not make things up on serious issues."
    You, said, just introduce spurious items drawn from your curiously limited internet searches. Case in point:
    Ovulation Calculator …the world’s only, fully dedicated ovulation calculator website that can help you find out exactly when is the best time to conceive a baby, based on your menstrual cycle.
    Our ovulation calculator tool can also help you have unprotected sex on the non-fertile days and enjoy more making love, without getting pregnant.

…to determine that Sefton's COVID-19 confirmed cases and deaths are not in Southport. That's hilarious; the site relies on users supplying the up-to-date figure.

"I could direct you to a number of people who contracted a pretty severe type of influenza last year that left many with long term coughs lasting for a couple of months or so. Many others who they came into contact with after also said that they had had the same illness. As I understood it - it was quite widespread here in the town."
    I was among Southport's "…many with long term coughs lasting for a couple of months or so" — we should all have self-reported to Ovulation CALCULATOR.

"It is not strange as we are not the only area by far, that has not contracted this virus."
    …according to Ovulation CALCULATOR? For what that's worth

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by sandGroundZero View Post
    said's post #63:
    Coronavirus Southport, United Kingdom
    • There are no cases of coronavirus confirmed in Southport, United Kingdom, as of Tuesday, 31st of March 2020.
    • There are no deaths confirmed in Southport, due to the COVID-19 coronavirus.
    • There are no suspected cases of coronavirus in Southport.
    All cases for Sefton appear to be South Sefton. This would support the theory that Southport was exposed to a very strong outbreak of a similar illness in 2018/2019.

Three links, all to the same page, namely: Ovulation calculator — Coronavirus section
    …which includes a field for people to input up-dated information —
    "Inaccurate data? please add a coronavirus case here for Southport"

said, your bluster is breath-takingly outrageous!
    Notable. The security on my PC doesn't like this site and won't connect, must be a good "secure" site???

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by seivad View Post
    As has already been pointed out, it's not Worldometer. It is from the rather curiously named "Ovulation Calendar" Eat your heart out Statista, there's a new kid on the block!

I checked some of the other reported cases on Ovulation, they are also incorrect. But why rely on the reports from the NHS Trust when Tom, Dick and Harry can provide far more credible figures.
    Don't you go to the Ovulation Calculator for all of your news?

It's my first port of call when I want to get the facts. Sod 'fullfact.com'. When I want to know anything, I put in the date of my last period (OK, I have to go back a few years), discover that my next ovulation is the 11th of November (breathtakingly accurate), and prepare myself for Hard News.

It's that accurate, it even works for my OH. Ovulating this coming September, and he's never had a uterus. To my knowledge.

It'll be the end of Wikipedia and Snopes.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Normal View Post
    That map is taken from the official public health cv 19 dashboard. If you click on the blue circle that is just above Crosby, and below Southport, the circle that is in Lancashire, that circle holds the cases for Seton and Lancashire. Rather than having thousands of circles around the map, thus making it unreadable, they grouped together the cases from several areas into one blue circle. They have done this for large numbers of areas, hence why some areas of the map look bare,

Its from that map that you can see the cases that are in Sefton. And it is fro that map that quoted the number of cases earlier one. I.e. 73 which is almost a 50% jump from the day before. Remember these are only the people in hospital or who have been treated in hospital for the condition. It does not include people in the community because the government chose not to test the wider community.

Separately can implore you not to be so cavalier in looking after your own health. From what you posted the other day, wherein you said you were in your teens in the 50's, you must be in the mid 80's now. People in that age group have almost a 1 in 10 chance of dying should the contract the disease. This is not simple flu and you are not immune. Please follow the health guidance despite what you think of it and the disease, and stay safe.
    The circles are for the tier 1 reporting areas Sefton is one, Lancs County is 1 Liverpool,
    Knowsley, St Helens, Wirral and Cumbria also.
    The Trust CE released a statement last week to say that patients were being treated at Southport

Likes / Dislikes
    Toodles McGinty :
    "Don't you go to the Ovulation Calculator for all of your news?
    "It's my first port of call when I want to get the facts. Sod 'fullfact.com'. When I want to know anything, I put in the date of my last period (OK, I have to go back a few years), discover that my next ovulation is the 11th of November (breathtakingly accurate), and prepare myself for Hard News.
    It's that accurate, it even works for my OH. Ovulating this coming September, and he's never had a uterus. To my knowledge.
    "It'll be the end of Wikipedia and Snopes."

…witty

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Alikado View Post
    The circles are for the tier 1 reporting areas Sefton is one, Lancs County is 1 Liverpool,
    Knowsley, St Helens, Wirral and Cumbria also.
    The Trust CE released a statement last week to say that patients were being treated at Southport
    The Trust are now reporting 5 deaths but have not said which hospital(s) they occurred at.
    Southport has A&E Ormskirk Child A&E and a Walk In / Minor Injuries.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news...yside-18022707

Gone up again now 6.

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashi...hport-18024288
    Last edited by Alikado; 01/04/2020 at 04:56 PM.

Likes / Dislikes
    One of my close friends passed away on Sunday morning from the virus in a Southport Hospital, very sad !!!

Likes / Dislikes
    One of my work colleagues was recently diagnosed with "Positive symptoms" of Covid 19 at Southport DGH,this is after being admitted originally for aches and pains,And is now currently having oxygen to aid with the breathing problems. He was diagnosed a couple of days ago with the coronavirus,and doctors have said he possibly has got the virus while being in the hospital over the last 2 weeks ? ...And before this he was quite a healthy person,doing regular exercises,cycling and jogging....Wishing him all the best for a speedy recovery...
    Last edited by SteveandLois; 01/04/2020 at 08:42 PM.

Likes / Dislikes
    One of my close friends passed away on Sunday morning from the virus in a Southport Hospital, very sad !!!

so is that 2 died in Southport .. ?

a friend of mine reported a death there as well
    always reverse to see what you have run over ...

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Knot wright View Post

so is that 2 died in Southport .. ?

a friend of mine reported a death there as well
    That's terrible news, I am sorry hear that.

12. Likes Desert Region, Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas King View Post
    My friend went into hospital to have a knee operation ! He came home and then became ill and went back into hospital. They gave him oxygen and a blood transfusion and induced him into a Coma. I am wondering if he picked it up in hospital the first time around.
    Deepest condolences. That is so sad.

I imagine a lot of cases have occurred under similar circumstances. My sister had to go to A&E about a month ago. My biggest worry wasn't the injury she'd gone with, but what she'd pick up while she was there. Especially what she might then take back to my elderly Dad.

Not blaming the hospitals, they are under enough pressure just trying to keep people alive.

14. Likes Desert Region, silver fox liked this post
FirstFirst ...
Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Also website at southportnews.co.uk

Southport Music & Piano Academy

Qlocal Supports Woodlands Animal Sanctuary

Woodlands Animal Sanctuary Charity

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in southport
Replacement Stove Glass in southport
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News

106 - 114 Shakespeare Street, Southport, PR8 5AJ
Big brands, big deals, 250 machines displayed, tractors, chainsaws, shredders, cultivators, aerators, vacs, trimmers, robot mowers, authorised warranty, most makes, est. 66 years
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 535369
165 Lord Street, Opposite the Prince of Wales, Southport, PR8 1PF
In superlative classic surroundings, enjoy your tea and food in a building which you would be forgiven to think was in the heart of London! Actually we are opposite the Prince of Wales in Southport
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 540066

33 Shakespeare Street, Southport, PR8 5AB
Awnings, canopies and continental security shutters with manual or electric operation, complete our exterior range.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 514333
Southport & Ainsdale Golf Club, Bradshawa Lane, Southport, PR8 3LG
Following a full time career, Jim has now settled in to a challenging and exciting role as club professional at Southport and Ainsdale Golf Club.
WEBSITE     TEL: 577316

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)