southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
1 ... LastLast
    Likes / Dislikes

StoptheCoup demo, today, 2pm Town Hall

Name:  coup.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  77.2 KBName:  coup.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  77.2 KBToday, Sat 31st August. #stopthecoup demo outside the Town Hall. 2pm.

2. Likes Darkside liked this post

3. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    I blame the council! These people have far too much time on their hands - should be doing something useful in the community.

Likes / Dislikes
    Respect Democracy? Really? Respect the referendum result in 2016 first, that's not been "DEMOCRATICALLY" finalised yet.

And what do you hope to achieve standing outside Southport Town Hall for an hour or so in the wet? I doubt there'll be anybody at home, but you could knock on the door. It's not like Boris will even hear you. If you want to get your voice heard go to London.

Rather have a good afternoon nap than stand around.

Parliament would have been prorogued anyway around 10th September for the Party conferences, all he's done if extended it by 4 or 5 days.

People have nothing better to do than be outraged for the rest of the population.

Snowflakes

6. Likes Darkside liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Defend democracy by trying to overturn the results of a democratic vote? Good Luck with that one.
    Volunteers needed now

Southport And Formby Special Athletes
    Registered charity no. 1037697

www.southportspecialathletes.org.uk

8. Likes rainydaze, Darkside liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Was a bit short notice, or I'm sure we'd have all been there.

I think the point must have been to show solidarity. Seems there were lots of demos all over the country today.

I guess standing and voicing your opinion outside the Town Hall is as legitimate as voicing your opinion on here. As for 'too much time on your hands', see the previous sentence. Plenty of 'outrage' on here too. I guess we've all a right to be outraged now and again.

If only we lived in a direct democracy rather than a Parliamentary democracy. Then those MPs couldn't do what the heck they wanted once elected. Which they can. Might get plenty of people outraged, but unless the system changes, we've just got to suck on it.

Or show your displeasure in some way. Perhaps protesting?

You know the solution, folks. Don't elect them next time.

Likes / Dislikes
    Toodles, you do know that the proroge is only for 4 days, the rest of the time parliament is being shut for is pre-scheduled time that parliament shuts for every year.
    Volunteers needed now

Southport And Formby Special Athletes
    Registered charity no. 1037697

www.southportspecialathletes.org.uk

11. Likes Darkside liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by bambi275 View Post
    Toodles, you do know that the proroge is only for 4 days, the rest of the time parliament is being shut for is pre-scheduled time that parliament shuts for every year.
    Vernon Bogdanor, Professor of Government at King’s College London, has stated, the length of time proposed in this case is “abnormal”.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by bambi275 View Post

I do bambi, but I'm sure you will agree these are not normal circumstances, and it is fairly obvious that Johnson's intentions are to push this through without a deal.

As you know, the margins are very close for any action to be taken against him.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Toodles McGinty View Post
    I do bambi, but I'm sure you will agree these are not normal circumstances, and it is fairly obvious that Johnson's intentions are to push this through without a deal.

As you know, the margins are very close for any action to be taken against him.
    Max Hastings sums up Mr 0.13% or the gigantic fraud perfectly.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr B S Sniffer View Post
    Max Hastings sums up Mr 0.13% or the gigantic fraud perfectly.

Well here's another point of view for you;

As the former employer of both of them, and although their positions were of un-equal importance and challenges, on balance I must declare Boris to be more reliable and trustworthy than Max. Hastings went to South Africa for a few days and returned in favour of effectively throwing the white population out of that country. He spent a few days in Northern Ireland and returned as champion of a ‘troops out’ approach and, despite the wishes of its majority, has said the British would shed few tears when Northern Ireland ‘inevitably’ leaves the UK.

He was an unconditional euro-integrationist but eventually, after he left us, he recanted and said it had all been a horrible mistake. He has now returned to his earlier version of the British national interest, and proposes headfirst immersion in Europe. He is a well-oiled weathervane. Boris has been consistent and even courageous on this most important issue.

Its not fully determinative of character but it does throw a little light on Mr Hastings.

16. Likes Darkside liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    Well here's another point of view for you;

As the former employer of both of them, and although their positions were of un-equal importance and challenges, on balance I must declare Boris to be more reliable and trustworthy than Max. Hastings went to South Africa for a few days and returned in favour of effectively throwing the white population out of that country. He spent a few days in Northern Ireland and returned as champion of a ‘troops out’ approach and, despite the wishes of its majority, has said the British would shed few tears when Northern Ireland ‘inevitably’ leaves the UK.

He was an unconditional euro-integrationist but eventually, after he left us, he recanted and said it had all been a horrible mistake. He has now returned to his earlier version of the British national interest, and proposes headfirst immersion in Europe. He is a well-oiled weathervane. Boris has been consistent and even courageous on this most important issue.

Its not fully determinative of character but it does throw a little light on Mr Hastings.
    Conrad Black the fraudster if memory serves me right!

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr B S Sniffer View Post
    Conrad Black the fraudster if memory serves me right!
    Yes but as I said not determinative and just another point of view but his points about Africa, Ireland and the EU are matters of fact.

Hastings as an arbiter of character is not one I would choose nor would I have Black looking after my piggy bank for that matter.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    Yes but as I said not determinative and just another point of view but his points about Africa, Ireland and the EU are matters of fact.

Hastings as an arbiter of character is not one I would choose nor would I have Black looking after my piggy bank for that matter.
    Well Trump has pardoned Black so a little sucking up to the gigantic fraud would be in order to further his intentions.

Likes / Dislikes
    Stop the Corbyn Coup?

I would have sent my apologies!

Likes / Dislikes
    Is it likely that a single person went on the march who is actually interested in democracy ?

It is of course just another remoaner trip out to annoy people.

If the same people were demonstrating about the bigger threat to our democratic system,

the failure of Parliament to carry out the will of the people,

they might have some legitimacy but no the hypocrites won't be bothering about anyone else.

22. Likes Hamble, Darkside liked this post
1 ... LastLast
Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Also website at southportnews.co.uk

Southport Music & Piano Academy

Qlocal Supports Woodlands Animal Sanctuary

Woodlands Animal Sanctuary Charity

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in southport
Replacement Stove Glass in southport
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News

Unit 24 AK Business Park, Russell Road, Southport, PR9 7SA
Rimmers Windows, a family run business, has gone from strength to strength since opening in 1991 and has developed a reputation second to none for top quality windows and doors, available at very competitive rates.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 505511
178 Bispham Road, Southport, PR9 7DF
Although mainly catering for the family cyclist, our business encompasses all aspects of cycling.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 228805

165 Lord Street, Opposite the Prince of Wales, Southport, PR8 1PF
In superlative classic surroundings, enjoy your tea and food in a building which you would be forgiven to think was in the heart of London! Actually we are opposite the Prince of Wales in Southport
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 540066
Heritage Houset, 9b Hoghton St, Southport, PR9 0TE
All your business insurance needs under one roof! Car, motor, home, taxi, fleets, shops, offices Best cover found at lowest prices! Free quotations provided.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 631913

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)