southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Lockdown Period

Likes / Dislikes
    said's post #14:
    "Probably! But correct as well!"
    Narcisisstic, insecure and deluded …

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by said View Post
    Yes, but since the incubation period is twelve days maximum - then during the period that we have been in isolation - anyone who had contracted the virus would be showing symptoms by now. Anyone with as much as one brain cell, would then remain in isolation until it had passed completely - and then they would be immune to it. Those who have not shown to have any symptoms - are more than likely immune to the virus anyway - and are not in any danger of passing it on. The fact is, that even the highest level medical expert does not understand how this virus is spread -
    Unless everybody in the country is tested, there is no way of knowing who has or who had this virus, apart from those who are severely debilitated by it, or hospitalised. Or what phase of the infection they are at, or if they are infectious or not.

The only way of guessing - and it is only an educated guess - is when the hospital admissions end, or the whole country has been tested. Not everyone shows symptoms, but they could infect someone for whom it is deadly. And we don't yet know if people do become immune.

But you know this anyway. Yet you seem to want to come across as either a complete ignoramus, or some moron who thinks he looks tough by stating to the world you aren't bothered by this virus, nor should anyone else. In other words, an idiot.

As you are aware, it's killed at least 4,500 people in this country. And those are only the deaths reported from hospitals. It's likely to be far, far more than that.

You may want to run that risk. I assume you live alone, so aren't bothered about infecting any loved ones. That's your look out. But your 'don't tell me what to do' attitude could still result in infecting others. In which case, you're a selfish prick who frankly should be locked up for the duration, just as other weirdos have been for the same offence.

Likes / Dislikes
    Yes, but since the incubation period is twelve days maximum - then during the period that we have been in isolation - anyone who had contracted the virus would be showing symptoms by now. Anyone with as much as one brain cell, would then remain in isolation until it had passed completely - and then they would be immune to it. Those who have not shown to have any symptoms - are more than likely immune to the virus anyway - and are not in any danger of passing it on. The fact is, that even the highest level medical expert does not understand how this virus is spread - the experts do not know how the first person caught it in the first place, they have discarded the bat theory.

By the very same reasoning that you give - how do these people know that they did not just have a cold? That is not too far fetched as the changing weather conditions are perfect for catching colds.

It is not a matter of spreading the virus - it is a matter of being logical, or would you suggest that people continue to be under house arrest for months, or even years maybe, in case they catch any germs that may be around. That may suit some other posters on this site - but it would be a completely stupid idea.
    Your logic is the same as that of the witchdoctors during the Mau Mau uprising, the witchdoctors convinced the warriors that their magic made them immune from the white man's bullets, the result being wholesale charges against armed outposts, the death toll was horrendous.

Likes / Dislikes
    They still don't know that you will be immune once you've had it!

Likes / Dislikes
    If anyone had contracted the virus at the start of the lockdown, two weeks ago - they would know they had it by now and would have to stay in anyway. Since we have been on lockdown for to weeks - people could not, it is claimed, have caught it because they are isolated. So, surely we can end the lockdown? The virus has a twelve day incubation period - lockdown has been much longer than that. What do you say?
    Unfortunately too many people are doing as they like!
    A neighbour up the road was having a party today, another neighbour had friends out in the street sat a few inches apart with elderly relatives and a young child. PEOPLE ARE STUPID. As a result of stupidity, this lockdown will go on far longer than it needs to because the rules don't apply to them, and as usual NOTHING gets done!
    Sooner will a camel pass through a needle's eye than a great man be "discovered" by an election.

7. Likes N/A, Toodles McGinty, SteveandLois liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    You very sad person! Is that your own image? How on earth can you give a sensible response if you cannot read and think. Even the young kids on facebook, respond better than you can.
    I didn’t expect you would deny it was an accurate assessment of your daily existence.

You have many young kids as Facebook friends, then? Any examples you care to share of how they "respond better"? There are plenty of examples on the Forums threads of you explaining what children and young people really want and need.

Yeah, there you are introducing and mentioning young kids, again; how long before you mention a group of ex-prisoners, again? They do often seem to feature together in tales from your life.

You never have said for what actual crimes any of the many groups of ex-convicts, that frequent tales of your life, were in prison.

As I recall one of your groups of ex-prisoners were employed by the mysterious Zackerman figure who ran that disturbed-sounding fairground where the ex-prisoners all worked as ride attendants and found that children used to take a shine to them.

In another of your tales, groups of ex-prisoners illegally moved into the post-war, communal Nissen Huts were all male adults had not been allowed to stay, and so which typically housed mothers, in vulnerable states, complete with large groups of often unattended children.
    Last edited by Desert Region; 05/04/2020 at 05:50 AM.

9. Likes Toodles McGinty, silver fox liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    If anyone had contracted the virus at the start of the lockdown, two weeks ago - they would know they had it by now and would have to stay in anyway. Since we have been on lockdown for to weeks - people could not, it is claimed, have caught it because they are isolated. So, surely we can end the lockdown? The virus has a twelve day incubation period - lockdown has been much longer than that. What do you say?

To simplistic and missing variables, d-

Keep up the detention !

11. Likes Hamble liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Some people are using their own logic to bend the rules.

For example I know that grandchildren are mixing with grandparents on the assumption that after 2 weeks they are all clear of the virus.

Teenagers-well known for rebelling against the rules of their elders are
    meeting other young people who are not a family member.

It is also sadly true that for some family's living in overcrowded houses
    who have to go out to work their risk of infecting other members is very high.

For the people who have the choice and means to follow the guidelines we need to do it for ourselves for the nhs and those who have no or less choice.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino-Hamster View Post
    Unfortunately too many people are doing as they like!
    A neighbour up the road was having a party today, another neighbour had friends out in the street sat a few inches apart with elderly relatives and a young child. PEOPLE ARE STUPID. As a result of stupidity, this lockdown will go on far longer than it needs to because the rules don't apply to them, and as usual NOTHING gets done!
    One of my neighbours did the same yesterday. Lives on his own, nice enough chap, but a complete pothead. Which normally doesn't bother me, he wants to smoke a joint, that's his business. But last night there were 5 or 6 of his mates, all off their heads. And judging by the expressions on their faces, not all just on weed either.

Under normal circumstances, none of my business. But this was really galling. What do you do? The police aren't bothered. And as you say, it just extends the lockdown, it gets more people infected.

It's absolutely insane, the sheer ignorance or wilful 'it doesn't apply to me' attitude.

14. Likes Hamble, silver fox liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by sandGroundZero View Post
    From said's post #13:
    1. Those who have not shown to have any symptoms - are more than likely immune to the virus anyway - and are not in any danger of passing it on. The fact is, that
    2. even the highest level medical expert does not understand how this virus is spread …"

"It is not a matter of spreading the virus - it is a matter of being logical …"
    Perhaps you would like to revise point (a) — your conclusion does not necessarily follow from your premiss.

As for point (b), are we to understand that you, said, do "understand how this virus is spread"?

No - not to be absolutely positive. Although I am sure that after four months some of the medical researchers, with all data to hand should have a damned good idea.

So what would be your reasoning? Would you consider a lengthy isolation period? Do you think the benefits of isolation far outweigh the disadvantages? Suicide is the largest killer in the UK! On this understanding, would you consider that forcing people into a situation which keeps them away from society, is a wise option? Would you consider that the greater numbers should suffer for a lesser number?

Thanks for your points, good contribution.

Likes / Dislikes
    Suicide is the largest killer in the UK! On this understanding, would you consider that forcing people into a situation which keeps them away from society, is a wise option?
    Depends what makes people suicidal doesn't it? Being away from society might be beneficial to some.

I'm certainly finding working from home far far less stressful than commuting and sitting in an office all day.

Plus apart from a few friends and family I can't say I'm missing many of the great British public.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Toodles McGinty View Post
    One of my neighbours did the same yesterday. Lives on his own, nice enough chap, but a complete pothead. Which normally doesn't bother me, he wants to smoke a joint, that's his business. But last night there were 5 or 6 of his mates, all off their heads. And judging by the expressions on their faces, not all just on weed either.

Under normal circumstances, none of my business. But this was really galling. What do you do? The police aren't bothered. And as you say, it just extends the lockdown, it gets more people infected.

It's absolutely insane, the sheer ignorance or wilful 'it doesn't apply to me' attitude.
    I don't think I'd be remotely bothered or even noticing if I wasn't locked up!

I really wish I did know what to do, I feel like getting a megaphone and telling them. It's not my job to police people, I am annoying myself by getting annoyed at other people not doing the right thing.
    We'll all suffer in the long run as the lockdown will be extended. It'll be sods law I'll get coronavirus and die despite being over the top vigilant, yet they'll all be partying away having a merry old time ... how karma really works.
    Sooner will a camel pass through a needle's eye than a great man be "discovered" by an election.

18. Likes Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    I don't think I'd be remotely bothered or even noticing if I wasn't locked up!

I really wish I did know what to do, I feel like getting a megaphone and telling them. It's not my job to police people, I am annoying myself by getting annoyed at other people not doing the right thing.
    We'll all suffer in the long run as the lockdown will be extended. It'll be sods law I'll get coronavirus and die despite being over the top vigilant, yet they'll all be partying away having a merry old time ... how karma really works.
    I know. It's hard to ignore. Just cross our fingers that it won't last long.

It is annoying though.

Likes / Dislikes
    I really wish I did know what to do, I feel like getting a megaphone and telling them. It's not my job to police people, I am annoying myself by getting annoyed at other people not doing the right thing. ....We'll all suffer in the long run as the lockdown will be extended.
    If the idiots don't start following the guidelines, outdoor exercise for all of us will likely be banned......Which means no more fresh air bikerides, just as the excess Xmas pounds were beginning to fall away!
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by The PNP View Post
    If the idiots don't start following the guidelines, outdoor exercise for all of us will likely be banned......Which means no more fresh air bikerides, just as the excess Xmas pounds were beginning to fall away!
    You are expertly placed to put pressure on those cyclists meeting up flouting the distancing rules.

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Also website at southportnews.co.uk

Southport Music & Piano Academy

Qlocal Supports Woodlands Animal Sanctuary

Woodlands Animal Sanctuary Charity

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in southport
Replacement Stove Glass in southport
Supporting Local Business
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)