southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst ... ... LastLast
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by silver fox View Post
    Your "Beloved Boris" seems to get away with comments that would get a Labour politician thrown out of the party.
    Example please?

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamble View Post
    Example please?

Just for starters,
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...oreign-insults

plus these from the Mirror, so I suppose they don't count but true none the less

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...ageous-8423231

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by seivad View Post
    There is, but I doubt that he will admit it. He wanted the BNP to take the reigns (sic) from UKIP.
    He already has admitted it. I've read it in one of his posts, on another website.

Likes / Dislikes
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...oreign-insults

plus these from the Mirror, so I suppose they don't count but true none the less

[https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...ageous-8423231
    I think a Labour politician would have got the same response.

Likes / Dislikes

I think a Labour politician would have got the same response.
    Don't know of any Labour politician making anything like the sort of obnoxious comments that Johnson does, let alone someone in a senior position.

While we are at it let's not forget the pompous, obnoxious brat Chope, this scum bag blocked the FGM bill which had full cross party support and would have been passed without a problem, yet you can vilify any Labour politician for having an opinion that doesn't gel with yours.

Likes / Dislikes

Don't know of any Labour politician making anything like the sort of obnoxious comments that Johnson does, let alone someone in a senior position.

While we are at it let's not forget the pompous, obnoxious brat Chope, this scum bag blocked the FGM bill which had full cross party support and would have been passed without a problem, yet you can vilify any Labour politician for having an opinion that doesn't gel with yours.
    So you think I should just put up with anti Jewish stuff ?

Abbott
    Livingstone
    and.....

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...-anti-semitic/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...emitic-and-ra/

Likes / Dislikes

Abbott
    Livingstone
    and.....

No I don't and I think you will find that in the past I have supported you on this, comments, attacks verbal or physical are totally wrong where the only basis is race colour or creed, but sadly your only attack point is the Labour party, which according to you is the disseminator of everything wrong, every racist comment, every racist action, in fact you would probably blame Corbyn if it rains on your washing.

9. Likes AdmiralAckbar liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes

No I don't and I think you will find that in the past I have supported you on this, comments, attacks verbal or physical are totally wrong where the only basis is race colour or creed, but sadly your only attack point is the Labour party, which according to you is the disseminator of everything wrong, every racist comment, every racist action, in fact you would probably blame Corbyn if it rains on your washing.
    There is a good reason for that.
    Racism from the right is well policed and called out particularly by the left and victims is glossed over.

Racism from the left particularly if it comes from the far left voters and Islamic pressure group lobby.

You may think Corbyn is god but I know who rains on my washing and it is not a human being.

Likes / Dislikes

There is a good reason for that.
    Racism from the right is well policed and called out particularly by the left and victims is glossed over.

Racism from the left particularly if it comes from the far left voters and Islamic pressure group lobby.

You may think Corbyn is god but I know who rains on my washing and it is not a human being.
    You are bloody hard work, you know very well that Corbyn is not my ideal leader, but I will defend the guy against the avalanche of dredged up mud coming from the right wing media, particularly when very little has any basis in fact, is usually the interpretation put on anything at all by some swivel eyed rabid right wing hack.

12. Likes seivad, AdmiralAckbar liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes

You are bloody hard work, you know very well that Corbyn is not my ideal leader, but I will defend the guy against the avalanche of dredged up mud coming from the right wing media, particularly when very little has any basis in fact, is usually the interpretation put on anything at all by some swivel eyed rabid right wing hack.

Put it this way-I know anti Semitism comes from the right.
    Antisemitism from the left is a newer and harder to deal with.

Likes / Dislikes

Abbott
    Livingstone
    and.....

I've never heard of Abbott being antisemitic. Most of the others have been suspended (second link). Most of the first, to me, are anti-Israel, as far as I can see, rather than antisemitic. The holocaust denial is abhorrent. Any racism, in any form, should be considered intolerable within the Labour party.

I don't think anybody should put up with anti Jewish stuff. Not at all. But I still say that the vast majority of it is due solely to the actions of the Israeli government. Jews in Israel or across the globe should not have to suffer for the actions of a government. Any more than the people of this country should be subjected to terrorist attacks because of the actions our government has taken.

As far as Israel & Palestine is concerned, I don't have a dog in the fight, other than I'd back a more progressive country such as Israel over an Islamic country. But both sides are wrong. Launching rockets at Israel is wrong. Using suicide bombers on Israeli civilians is wrong. But also, shooting at kids throwing stones is wrong. Taking land and homes off Palestinians is wrong. Far more Palestinians have died throughout the conflict than Israelis. And while the situation continues, anti Israeli government sentiment will continue.

That this translates into antisemitism is down to stupidity. But then again, racists usually are thick as pigsh*t.

15. Likes silver fox, local, AdmiralAckbar liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Toodles McGinty View Post
    I've never heard of Abbott being antisemitic. Most of the others have been suspended (second link). Most of the first, to me, are anti-Israel, as far as I can see, rather than antisemitic. The holocaust denial is abhorrent. Any racism, in any form, should be considered intolerable within the Labour party.

I don't think anybody should put up with anti Jewish stuff. Not at all. But I still say that the vast majority of it is due solely to the actions of the Israeli government. Jews in Israel or across the globe should not have to suffer for the actions of a government. Any more than the people of this country should be subjected to terrorist attacks because of the actions our government has taken.

As far as Israel & Palestine is concerned, I don't have a dog in the fight, other than I'd back a more progressive country such as Israel over an Islamic country. But both sides are wrong. Launching rockets at Israel is wrong. Using suicide bombers on Israeli civilians is wrong. But also, shooting at kids throwing stones is wrong. Taking land and homes off Palestinians is wrong. Far more Palestinians have died throughout the conflict than Israelis. And while the situation continues, anti Israeli government sentiment will continue.

That this translates into antisemitism is down to stupidity. But then again, racists usually are thick as pigsh*t.

I am puzzled.
    The majority of posters would not let one groomed and brainwashed Jihadi bride back in the UK due to her abhorrent extremist religious views yet a territory with a border to Israel ruled by many factions of
    people with similar views you expect many of whom are civilians like Shemima you expect Israel not to defend herself?

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamble

I am puzzled.
    The majority of posters would not let one groomed and brainwashed Jihadi bride back in the UK due to her abhorrent extremist religious views yet a territory with a border to Israel ruled by many factions of
    people with similar views you expect many of whom are civilians like Shemima you expect Israel not to defend herself?
    The borders are disputed, Israel should return to the pre 67 borders, remove all the settlements then peace may return to the region.

Likes / Dislikes
    I am puzzled.
    That isn't remotely similar to the situation in Israel. You're making out that Israel sits there quietly until someone outside of the borders causes trouble. We all know that is not true.

Both sides need to shoulder responsibility for what is happening.

Likes / Dislikes
    "
    Quote Originally Posted by Toodles McGinty View Post
    That isn't remotely similar to the situation in Israel. You're making out that Israel sits there quietly until someone outside of the borders causes trouble. We all know that is not true.

Both sides need to shoulder responsibility for what is happening.
    Wow!
    Where did that come from?

Checking the travel advice to Israel I am surprised at your reply.

"Terrorists are very likely to try to carry out attacks in Israel and the Occupied Palestinian Territories. Attacks could be indiscriminate, including in places frequented by foreigners, and on public transport.

Heightened tensions, brought about by rocket attacks from Gaza into Israel and Israeli airstrikes on Gaza, increase the risk of retaliatory terrorist attacks in Israel. British nationals are encouraged to remain vigilant at all times.
    •on 18 March 2018, an Israeli security guard died following a stabbing attack in the Old City of Jerusalem. The attacker was fatally shot by police
    •on 21 July 2017, three Israelis were killed during a stabbing attack in the Halamish settlement in the West Bank
    •on 14 July 2017, two Israeli police officers were fatally shot during an attack at Haram al Sharif/Temple Mount
    •on 23 April 2017, there was a stabbing incident near Atarim Square in central Tel Aviv. Four Israeli nationals were injured
    •on 14 April 2017, a British national was killed during a stabbing attack on the light rail system between Damascus Gate and City Hall.
    •on 8 January 2017, a lorry was driven into a group of Israeli soldiers on the Armon Hanatziv promenade in Jerusalem killing four and injuring many others.
    •in January and June 2016, there were firearms attacks in central Tel Aviv killing and injuring bystanders.
    •in October 2016, there was a fatal shooting attack at the Ammunition Hill light rail station in Jerusalem in which two people were killed.
    •in April 2016, an explosive device was detonated on a bus in South Jerusalem injuring passengers and bystanders.
    •in March 2016, one person was killed and nine others were injured in a knife attack on the seafront of Jaffa, south of Tel Aviv.

There is a threat of rockets being fired into Israeli territory by extremists in the Gaza Strip and Egypt and a threat of rocket attacks, artillery or small arms fire along the border areas with Lebanon and Syria.

Be vigilant, monitor media reports and keep up to date with travel advice. Make sure you are familiar with contact details for the emergency services (in Israel - dial 100; in the West Bank and Gaza - dial 101).

There is considered to be a heightened threat of terrorist attack globally against UK interests and British nationals, from groups or individuals motivated by the conflict in Iraq and Syria. You should be vigilant at this time.

Kidnap

There is a risk of kidnap in Gaza and along the border with Egypt. The long-standing policy of the British government is not to make substantive concessions to hostage takers. The British government considers that paying ransoms and releasing prisoners increases the risk of further hostage taking.

Find out more about the global threat from terrorism, how to minimise your risk and what to do in the event of a terrorist attack."

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...rael/terrorism

FirstFirst ... ... LastLast
Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Also website at southportnews.co.uk

Southport Music & Piano Academy

Qlocal Supports Woodlands Animal Sanctuary

Woodlands Animal Sanctuary Charity

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in southport
Replacement Stove Glass in southport
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News

Southport & Ainsdale Golf Club, Bradshawa Lane, Southport, PR8 3LG
Following a full time career, Jim has now settled in to a challenging and exciting role as club professional at Southport and Ainsdale Golf Club.
WEBSITE     TEL: 577316
Heritage Houset, 9b Hoghton St, Southport, PR9 0TE
All your business insurance needs under one roof! Car, motor, home, taxi, fleets, shops, offices Best cover found at lowest prices! Free quotations provided.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 631913

178 Bispham Road, Southport, PR9 7DF
Although mainly catering for the family cyclist, our business encompasses all aspects of cycling.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 228805
15 Hampton Road, Southport, PR8 6SX
Your local hire centre. Extensive range of tools and equipment. Suppliers to the trade and DIY
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 538595

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)