southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found

Thread: Internet thugs.

Likes / Dislikes

Internet thugs.

Jorden Pickford the Everton goalkeeper has received death threat via the internet, what is this world coming too. I'm a massive Liverpool supporter but the threats really are out of order.
    It was in my eyes a sending off offence . But to make threats against the man is ridiculous.

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Grassroots. View Post
    Jorden Pickford the Everton goalkeeper has received death threat via the internet, what is this world coming too. I'm a massive Liverpool supporter but the threats really are out of order.
    It was in my eyes a sending off offence . But to make threats against the man is ridiculous.

Practically everyone in the public eye gets death threats. I am not in the public eye - but I have had them too. They do not bother most people because if those making the threat meant to kill you, they would not warn you first. However, in this instance when you have an Everton goalie tackle a popular Liverpool player who was subsequently sent off with an injury without the goalie getting a red card - I am surprised the pitch did not turn into a massive brawl with the fans.

Very little in life is as serious as the wokes make out.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by said View Post
    a popular Liverpool player
    Who's that, Keegan ???

You can see I don't watch/listen to too much football.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by said View Post
    Practically everyone in the public eye gets death threats. I am not in the public eye - but I have had them too. They do not bother most people because if those making the threat meant to kill you, they would not warn you first. However, in this instance when you have an Everton goalie tackle a popular Liverpool player who was subsequently sent off with an injury without the goalie getting a red card - I am surprised the pitch did not turn into a massive brawl with the fans.

Very little in life is as serious as the wokes make out.
    The Liverpool player WASN’T sent off, and there wasn’t any fans there to brawl.

6. Likes local, Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by justbecause View Post
    The Liverpool player WASN’T sent off, and there wasn’t any fans there to brawl.

Well there you go then -they can't vent off in the stands so they go virtual - Sticks and stones, et.,

Likes / Dislikes
    Keyboard warriors. Hard as nails hunched over an iPad, prodding away furiously. Tough guys.

Bizarrely these same type of upstanding chaps had a pop at Sian Massey-Ellis for doing absolutely nothing at all when Aguero laid a hand on her, when he should have had a yellow at least.

On the subject of Jordan Pickford, David Squires' strip this week was perfect. The last panel made me laugh out loud.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-on-merseyside

9. Likes Grassroots. liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Grassroots. View Post
    Agreed, it was a rash challenge and on another day he could have got a red card, wishing VVD a quick and full recovery.

As for the death threats against Pickford and wishing his family horrible illnesses and deaths, absolutely disgusting and no place for it.

But it does seem that some clubs have more online trolls than others

I seem to recall similar threats / wishes being sent to Loris Karius following the 2018 CL final having played in goal myself I accept that you can go from hero to zero in seconds.

Steven Gerrard had to change his transfer plans to Chelsea “for his family’s safety”

Adrian suffered similar abuse following the Athletico match earlier this year.

I’m sure there are many others if you search the internet but these are fairly fresh in my mind.

They are not true fans, and have probably never set foot inside Anfield but unfortunately hide under the LFC banner.
    Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigsby View Post
    Agreed, it was a rash challenge and on another day he could have got a red card, wishing VVD a quick and full recovery.

As for the death threats against Pickford and wishing his family horrible illnesses and deaths, absolutely disgusting and no place for it.

But it does seem that some clubs have more online trolls than others

I seem to recall similar threats / wishes being sent to Loris Karius following the 2018 CL final having played in goal myself I accept that you can go from hero to zero in seconds.

Steven Gerrard had to change his transfer plans to Chelsea “for his family’s safety”

Adrian suffered similar abuse following the Athletico match earlier this year.

I’m sure there are many others if you search the internet but these are fairly fresh in my mind.

They are not true fans, and have probably never set foot inside Anfield but unfortunately hide under the LFC banner.
    I would very much doubt that these scum bags would be welcome under any club's banner, sadly now that most football thugs don't get far from the stands, they fall back on the untouchable keyboard to vent their moronic views.

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Also website at southportnews.co.uk

Southport Music & Piano Academy

Qlocal Supports Woodlands Animal Sanctuary

Woodlands Animal Sanctuary Charity

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in southport
Replacement Stove Glass in southport
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News

25-27 Forest Road, Southport, PR8 6JD
Come to visit Wallpaper John@ Forest Road Wallcoverings today for Southport's finest range of wallcoverings with over 1000 designs always in store.
WEBSITE
30 Virginia Street, Southport, PR8 6RU
Established 17 years ago. MOT\'s, servicing, repairs. Free collection and delivery service.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 543808

4-8 Liverpool Avenue, Ainsdale, Southport, PR8 3NH
We have a superb range of over-mantle mirrors to complement any room setting, with over 300 in stock to view.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 578788
Unit 24 AK Business Park, Russell Road, Southport, PR9 7SA
Rimmers Windows, a family run business, has gone from strength to strength since opening in 1991 and has developed a reputation second to none for top quality windows and doors, available at very competitive rates.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 505511

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)