southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
1 LastLast

Thread: End of May .

Likes / Dislikes

End of May .

Look like Theresa May may be set to announce her resignation , she is to make a statement at 9.30 am today . Can't say I'm sorry to see her step down , indeed if she'd have had the nation at heart she'd have gone months ago .
    For me she has been a poor leader and PM .
    REST IN PEACE THE 96.
    Y.N.W.A.

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by grassroots View Post
    Look like Theresa May may be set to announce her resignation , she is to make a statement at 9.30 am today . Can't say I'm sorry to see her step down , indeed if she'd have had the nation at heart she'd have gone months ago .
    For me she has been a poor leader and PM .

May has resigned!

Likes / Dislikes
    312 to go.

5. Likes AdmiralAckbar liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    May had to go most definitely, but the possible prospect of Johnson as PM is not something to celebrate.

Mellor on TV this morning was not overjoyed, as he put it we will now get a PM elected by MPs then the Tory party membership, which as he put it is now very small and predominantly elderly, very democratic :rolleyes:

7. Likes AdmiralAckbar liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    How she could stand there and claim to govern for ALL shows even a Vicars daughter tells lies.
    Is governing for all lowering tax for the rich whilst paying for it by lowering payments to disabled and forcing them out of their homes.

Some crazy vision of fairness the Tories have.

9. Likes AdmiralAckbar, silver fox liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Come on Boris, Show us what you have now.... Let see what a pro leaver can produce....

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Londoner View Post
    How she could stand there and claim to govern for ALL shows even a Vicars daughter tells lies.
    Is governing for all lowering tax for the rich whilst paying for it by lowering payments to disabled and forcing them out of their homes.

Some crazy vision of fairness the Tories have.
    To be fair she did go to church every Sunday for absolution of her sins so she had a clean sheet to pick on the less fortunate the following week.

Good riddance to a typical self serving, uncaring Tory through and through!

She'll have more time to run through fields of wheat now.

Roll on the blonde buffoon
    Last edited by Mr B S Sniffer; 24/05/2019 at 11:16 AM.

Likes / Dislikes
    I give Bozo about 3 months before he realises it's all a bit like hard work, then calls a General Election.

When I think about it, maybe Johnson is the lesser of the evils, as he just doesn't stick at anything. Given the other choices of Rhyming-Slang Hunt, Slimy Gove or Raab C Brexit, at least with Johnson it'll be over quickly. And I bet that's true of him in every other way.

Got to say, though, I cannot begin to fathom out what the next 6 months will bring. Then when negotiations begin in earnest, to properly extricate us of the ties that bind, I don't see any change or improvement from the very start of this debacle.

Interesting, I suppose the word is. Only in the way C Montgomery Burns says it.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceam View Post
    Come on Boris, Show us what you have now.... Let see what a pro leaver can produce....

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by silver fox View Post
    May had to go most definitely, but the possible prospect of Johnson as PM is not something to celebrate.
    Sometimes it’s a case of “be careful what you wish for”

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Sometimes it’s a case of “be careful what you wish for”

Boris sees it as his destiny

Likes / Dislikes
    PNP should love him he did a lot for bikers whilst mayor.

He built more social housing than red ken before him despite the banking collapse.

Londoners the majority of them Labour voters re elected him.

Still got the same problems as May though, but he will be dealing with some new people in the EU and that could help.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr B S Sniffer View Post
    Boris is not a stayer! Changes his jobs as fast as he changes his girlfriends. Bit of a Hooray Henry, I think. He has not held a constant belief in Brexit. Might be OK short term. Angela Leadsom has been a very strong supporter of Brexit - never wavering. That might change if she was to be given the position. Rees Mogg, has some very good arguments for Brexit - but then he has wavered as if worried about losing his seat.
    The withdrawal bill that May tendered for approval - suited business people and most certainly the EU itself. But the business people would not be in business if it were not for the people creating their profits for them and none in parliament would have a position if it were not for people working and paying taxes to pay their salaries! Need someone to demand Brexit - it is what the people want and they are the priority!

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by said View Post
    Boris is not a stayer! Changes his jobs as fast as he changes his girlfriends. Bit of a Hooray Henry, I think. He has not held a constant belief in Brexit. Might be OK short term. Angela Leadsom has been a very strong supporter of Brexit - never wavering. That might change if she was to be given the position. Rees Mogg, has some very good arguments for Brexit - but then he has wavered as if worried about losing his seat.
    The withdrawal bill that May tendered for approval - suited business people and most certainly the EU itself. But the business people would not be in business if it were not for the people creating their profits for them and none in parliament would have a position if it were not for people working and paying taxes to pay their salaries! Need someone to demand Brexit - it is what the people want and they are the priority!
    Steve Baker s a dark horse in all of this

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by said View Post
    Careful, you're beginning to sound more like a Labour supporter, in other words what you undoubtedly need is a left wing Brexit, hmmm

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Also website at southportnews.co.uk

Southport Music & Piano Academy

Qlocal Supports Woodlands Animal Sanctuary

Woodlands Animal Sanctuary Charity

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in southport
Replacement Stove Glass in southport
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News

30 Virginia Street, Southport, PR8 6RU
Established 17 years ago. MOT\'s, servicing, repairs. Free collection and delivery service.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 543808
4-8 Liverpool Avenue, Ainsdale, Southport, PR8 3NH
We have a superb range of over-mantle mirrors to complement any room setting, with over 300 in stock to view.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 578788

25-27 Forest Road, Southport, PR8 6JD
Come to visit Wallpaper John@ Forest Road Wallcoverings today for Southport's finest range of wallcoverings with over 1000 designs always in store.
WEBSITE
33 Shakespeare Street, Southport, PR8 5AB
Awnings, canopies and continental security shutters with manual or electric operation, complete our exterior range.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 514333

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)