UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found

1. Published on: 15/10/2020 04:54 AMReported by: roving-eye
    NO MORE IMPOSITIONS - FUTURE PLANS MUST COME FROM LOCAL PEOPLE

Plans to make large parts of central Southport into what is called "a liveable neighbourhood” are being forwarded by Sefton Council with government funding and backing. This could result in many streets being blocked off to through traffic over a huge area from Lord St to Eastbourne and Cemetery Road, altering the way people approach and leave the town centre.

The scheme hopes to be up and running by May 2021.

Opposition leader on Sefton, Cllr John Pugh ,though is urging that nothing should be imposed on people without consent and proper consultation.

“Although this major scheme will not be imposed under an Emergency Traffic Order as was done with the recent controversial cycle lanes, there are big questions here that need thought-through answers.

It is unclear why this area was chosen or by whom but its a complex area with many businesses and community facilities. Big changes like this need to be designed not just FOR local people but WITH local people.

You can’t simply import blueprints from elsewhere and expect people to just deal with the consequences.”

The proposed scheme which has government finance behind it is being developed by the transport agency, Sustrans who intend to consult widely on the proposals.

“My concern”, states Cllr Pugh ,” is not about the good intentions behind the scheme but about some of its obvious practical difficulties. I have no idea how much local research was conducted prior to formulating the scheme, but I can’t help thinking that local people should have been actively involved before now”.

Cllr Pugh has produced his own consultation video explaining the scheme and its potential problems

https://www.facebook.com/johnpughsou...7722703252263/. OR

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kuj...ew?usp=sharing.

“People need to engage now. Nothing is final yet and local people have a right to determine how their environment looks and works.

2. Likes The PNP liked this post

3. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk

Your Comments:

4. The PNP says:15/10/2020 05:33 AM
    Sounds like a plan.......Very pleased to see both Scarisbrick New Rd and Lord St are included. With their high traffic levels and lack of adequate provision for safe cycling, they have become absolute nightmares for folks on bikes!
    Last edited by The PNP; 15/10/2020 at 06:35 AM.

5. sandGroundZero says:15/10/2020 09:14 AM

CONFIBERAL LABOCRATS

HOCUS POCUS FOCUS

We consult. Take our survey:

1. Should Moms get cards on Mothers' Day?

2. Do you like apple crumble served with custard?

3. Do you agree with us that the others are sh¡t; and finally

4. ConFiberal Labocrat's unspecified improvements to Southport will be the BEST!

Send us your views and we'll put your details on our database.

6. Dislikes N/A disliked this post
  7. salus.populi says:15/10/2020 11:03 AM
    https://seftonliveablestreets.commonplace.is/
    The link shows that many local people have had their input, as anyone could. This was publicised by the council several months ago.
    Of course what the Lib Dems mean is they want a poorly attended public meeting where they can set the agenda and try and impose their own ideas on the public.

8. Likes N/A, Sap33, Darkside liked this post
  9. justbecause says:15/10/2020 12:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by The PNP View Post
    Sounds like a plan.......Very pleased to see both Scarisbrick New Rd and Lord St are included. With their high traffic levels and lack of adequate provision for safe cycling, they have become absolute nightmares for folks on bikes!
    I suppose you haven’t hi-jacked this post with your cycling propaganda either.

10. Likes Darkside liked this post
  11. Username2016 says:15/10/2020 01:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by roving-eye View Post
    John Pugh and his Merry people have had almost two decades to have input on future plans and put into effect and so far visible viewpoints to improve the town only revolve around a tram between ASDA and the pier and everything else revolves around Sainsbury’s.

Giving the libs a platform on this would just be a waste of time as if they were to improve the town, they’d have done it by now especially given their slip in relevance since John Pugh arguably squandered Southport’s opportunity when he was in the coalition.

12. Likes Darkside liked this post
  13. muddyboots says:15/10/2020 03:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by justbecause View Post
    I suppose you haven’t hi-jacked this post with your cycling propaganda either.
    has anybody actually ever seen anyone on a bike doing shopping?...im sure i would notice a pervert in lycra with a shopping bag....meanwhile the town is being destroyed by the war against real shoppers in cars

14. Likes Little Londoner liked this post
    Dislikes Sap33, donkey22 disliked this post
  15. The PNP says:15/10/2020 05:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by muddyboots View Post
    has anybody actually ever seen anyone on a bike doing shopping?...im sure i would notice a pervert in lycra with a shopping bag....meanwhile the town is being destroyed by the war against real shoppers in cars
    Imo, there are way more pervs in cars - lol!
    Last edited by The PNP; 15/10/2020 at 06:03 PM.

16. Likes donkey22 liked this post
  17. K-T says:15/10/2020 06:40 PM
    I don't understand the animosity.
    I've watched the video and it doesn't look to me as if the Liberals are trying to push an agenda. They are trying to make the public aware of a proposal that will affect us all. I would have thought, given all the animosity to the cycle lanes that were recently installed with no consultation, people would be grateful for this heads-up, so they can get involved and object if they want to.
    Although there might have been consultation already, I'm sure that many, like me, were not aware of these plans.

18. Likes donkey22 liked this post
  19. donkey22 says:15/10/2020 06:56 PM
    I’d also be very wary of the perv’s who go shopping decked out in their muddyboots.

20. donkey22 says:15/10/2020 07:11 PM
    has anybody actually ever seen anyone on a bike doing shopping?
    No! It’s far too difficult trying to balance your shopping trolley on the handlebars without bumping into other shoppers as well as riding in a straight line. Duh.

21. r4dent says:15/10/2020 07:19 PM
    There are more kind people in cars than on bikes but there are also more nasty people in cars than on bikes.

There are more people with beards in cars than on bikes
    and there are more clean shaven people with beards in cars than on bikes.

Because there are more people in cars than on bikes, IMO basic maths.

22. Likes Darkside liked this post
  23. justbecause says:15/10/2020 08:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by K-T View Post
    I don't understand the animosity.
    I've watched the video and it doesn't look to me as if the Liberals are trying to push an agenda. They are trying to make the public aware of a proposal that will affect us all. I would have thought, given all the animosity to the cycle lanes that were recently installed with no consultation, people would be grateful for this heads-up, so they can get involved and object if they want to.
    Although there might have been consultation already, I'm sure that many, like me, were not aware of these plans.
    It won’t make a scrap of difference, the reality is, Sefton Council is a dictatorship, if it has made this decision you can rest assured that it will go ahead no matter how many objections it receives. The pedestrianisation, (destruction) of Chapel Street is testament to that.

24. Likes Darkside liked this post
  25. Sap33 says:15/10/2020 09:13 PM
    I often use my bike to go into town and shop. If I’m doing my weekly shop, or I’m buying something bulky/heavy, I’ll go in the car. It’s quite a simple concept, why clog up the roads if I’m only buying something I can get into a day sack?

(And for the good of everyone, I don’t wear Lycra!)

26. Likes The PNP liked this post
  27. The PNP says:16/10/2020 08:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by justbecause View Post
    It won’t make a scrap of difference, the reality is, Sefton Council is a dictatorship, if it has made this decision you can rest assured that it will go ahead
    Disagree. E.g. when consultation took place some years ago for Portland St, it was retained as a through-route for motor traffic in accordance with public response to the consultation.

28. Likes K-T liked this post

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations