southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
Contact us with your news. Mob/Txt 07530 315 478 southport@qnews.co.uk
Please also follow us on our live Twitter Feed
  1. Published on: 08/11/2018 09:08 AMReported by: roving-eye
    A quick update on my campaign for a seven-day service between Southport and Manchester Piccadilly as the Northern Powerhouse Minister, Jake Berry MP, pledged his support.


     

    Submit News to Us

    Contact us with your news. Mob/Txt 07530 315 478 southport@qnews.co.uk




  2. Contact us with your news. Mob/Txt 07530 315 478 southport@qnews.co.uk



    Your Comments:


  3. Alikado says:08/11/2018 11:04 AM
    ...... but no action!

  4. Username2016 says:08/11/2018 01:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alikado View Post
    ...... but no action!
    More than John Pugh achieved though in that Damien has gained support from a government minister rather than a few articles in the Visiter talking about “his fears”?

  5. MargeSimpson says:08/11/2018 03:19 PM
    He could also do with getting the support of the minister for reinstating the Burcough Curves and giving back to Southport some sort of decent train link to Preston.

  6. dav says:08/11/2018 06:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MargeSimpson View Post
    He could also do with getting the support of the minister for reinstating the Burcough Curves and giving back to Southport some sort of decent train link to Preston.

    That would be nice, of course, but the Manchester line is more of a priority. It isn't strategically useful to say he wants everything.

  7. Gwhizz says:09/11/2018 01:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by roving-eye View Post
    A quick update on my campaign for a seven-day service between Southport and Manchester Piccadilly as the Northern Powerhouse Minister, Jake Berry MP, pledged his support.
    Absolutely hysterical... you'd almost think they weren't the ones in Government who made the decisions that led to all this in the first place!! Yet another attempt of playing "find the lady" by Damien... where the "lady" is always Tory Govt responsibility and Damien does his best to shift it around to make you think it rests somewhere else... just laughable.

  8. nosobored says:09/11/2018 06:01 PM
    ROFL your full of poop to the brim,,It was the Blair government.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwhizz View Post
    Absolutely hysterical... you'd almost think they weren't the ones in Government who made the decisions that led to all this in the first place!! Yet another attempt of playing "find the lady" by Damien... where the "lady" is always Tory Govt responsibility and Damien does his best to shift it around to make you think it rests somewhere else... just laughable.

  9. Gwhizz says:12/11/2018 09:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nosobored View Post
    ROFL your full of poop to the brim,,It was the Blair government.

    Gosh, fair play... just when it seems you can't get any sillier... you do. Brightens my day right up.


Custom Search
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register



       
Supporting Local Business
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

The Best Of Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal



Jobs from Indeed



UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News


Supporting Local Business

The Local Pressure Group for Pedestrians and Cyclists. Our aims include calling for better and safer cycle-paths/lanes, improved crossing facilities/safer junctions etc. Visit our site - join us!
WEBSITE
Supporting Local Business
The Edge, Houghton Street, Southport, PR9 OTE
Insurance, pensions & investments
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 512810

Supporting Local Business
165 Lord Street, Opposite the Prince of Wales, Southport, PR8 1PF
In superlative classic surroundings, enjoy your tea and food in a building which you would be forgiven to think was in the heart of London! Actually we are opposite the Prince of Wales in Southport
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 540066
Supporting Local Business
6 Marshside Road, Churchtown , Southport, PR9 8PF
HIGHROAD the Car Shop for all your Car Parts & Accessories, including Doors, Mirrors and Glass, Bosh Batteries. Free fitting on Bosch Wiper Bladed, Light Bulbs can be fitted for a small charge. We stock specialists oils for motorbikes and lawnmowers
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 224111


Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
How We Use Cookies