southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
Contact us with your news. Mob/Txt 07530 315 478 southport@qnews.co.uk or Form
Please also follow us on our live Twitter Feed
  1. Published on: 30/09/2016 10:11 AMReported by: roving-eye
    Southport Conservative Councillors, Terry Jones, Pat Ball and Harry Bliss, have recently discussed the issues regarding a private security firm being recruited to patrol Southport. This has raised some key concerns.

    Cllr Harry Bliss, also Chairman of Southport Conservatives, says ”Cllr Jones, Ball and myself and the Southport Conservative Association are disappointed with the recent actions of Independent Councillor, David Barton and his unwillingness to take expert advice.



    Cllr David Barton.

    We are disappointed that Cllr Barton decided not to enter into any sort of consultation with those responsible for securing the safety of our town. We did not have any prior knowledge either”.

    He continued “Rather than just launch this ‘private’ initiative, we believe a consultation should have taken place to identify any specific problems and then agree the best way to tackle them”.

    Cllr Jones added “We wish to make it very clear that we do not support or approve of the actions taken by Cllr Barton. We believe the safety of residents, visitors and businesses is a priority. We will do our utmost to gain the correct support that is needed to make this happen. We are meeting with the necessary organisations to ensure everyone is safe within Southport”.

    Submit News to Us

    Contact us with your news. Mob/Txt 07530 315 478 southport@qnews.co.uk or Form




  2. Contact us with your news. Mob/Txt 07530 315 478 southport@qnews.co.uk or Form



    Your Comments:


  3. tonyhey says:30/09/2016 11:04 AM
    Barton seems to be trying to portray himself as some kind of "Southport Superman",
    possibly in an attempt to avoid being jailed for his alleged fraud offences.

  4. ECHOEONE says:30/09/2016 08:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyhey View Post
    Barton seems to be trying to portray himself as some kind of "Southport Superman",
    possibly in an attempt to avoid being jailed for his alleged fraud offences.
    The law as applied by a court and politics are completely different! Are you confused about the difference?

  5. Little Londoner says:01/10/2016 12:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ECHOEONE View Post
    The law as applied by a court and politics are completely different! Are you confused about the difference?
    Well if he is doing it for Political Purposes why doesn't he admit that HIS Parties cuts to Police and every other thing except MP's Wages/Expenses/Lords Attendance payments are the cause of anti social behaviour thriving/motoring offences proliferating/weeds/scruffy post boxes/ scruffy balustrades or any other insignificant rubbish he can pick fault with. And take great delight in posing for, WHY doesn't he champion the aged or the disabled or the homeless simple because like most of his ilk he doesn't give a toss.

  6. ECHOEONE says:01/10/2016 01:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Londoner View Post
    Well if he is doing it for Political Purposes why doesn't he admit that HIS Parties cuts to Police and every other thing except MP's Wages/Expenses/Lords Attendance payments are the cause of anti social behaviour thriving/motoring offences proliferating/weeds/scruffy post boxes/ scruffy balustrades or any other insignificant rubbish he can pick fault with. And take great delight in posing for, WHY doesn't he champion the aged or the disabled or the homeless simple because like most of his ilk he doesn't give a toss.
    Of course he is doing it for political purposes the world can see that. The suggestion above is that some how these actions will influence any court action which is a different thing altogether.

  7. hja says:01/10/2016 03:04 PM
    Why doesn't this fellow go back to school and leave the grown ups to attempt to do something about the situation?

  8. Ralphy Rylance says:01/10/2016 11:46 PM
    He seemed to have gone all camera shy yesterday?
    Seems a bit pointless covering his face leaving court when he's whoring his smarmy face out all over every local news site day in day out.
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/...-deny-11964346

  9. jamyramy says:02/10/2016 10:24 PM
    awe eh I don't no.all that dosh and only one suit from c&a,makes yer laugh!

  10. oldduffer says:07/10/2016 12:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jamyramy View Post
    awe eh I don't no.all that dosh and only one suit from c&a,makes yer laugh!
    Well, hopefully the CPS will not have cocked up the case so as to deprive him of being issued with a free ,badly fitting grey one when the case comes up before the beak in January.


    "... grey suits you .. David ".

  11. jamyramy says:07/10/2016 08:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by oldduffer View Post
    Well, hopefully the CPS will not have cocked up the case so as to deprive him of being issued with a free ,badly fitting grey one when the case comes up before the beak in January.


    "... grey suits you .. David ".
    right on there!


Custom Search
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport
Tide Predictions from NTSLF.ORG


Supporting Local Business
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register


The Best Of Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal



Jobs from Indeed



UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News


Supporting Local Business
11 Canning Road, Southport, PR9 7SS
J.Antrobus & Son. Joinery and Building Contractors. Specialists UPVC Windows and Doors, extensions and conservatories.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 233664
Supporting Local Business
Southport & Ainsdale Golf Club, Bradshawa Lane, Southport, PR8 3LG
Following a full time career, Jim has now settled in to a challenging and exciting role as club professional at Southport and Ainsdale Golf Club.
WEBSITE     TEL: 577316

Supporting Local Business
45a Sussex Road, Southport, PR9 0SR
Manufacturers of quality blinds and curtains including vertical, venetian, roller, pleated and roman. We are specialists in Conservatory blinds and motorisation. We also offer a full free measuring and fitting service.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 548247
Supporting Local Business
15 Hampton Road, Southport, PR8 6SX
Your local hire centre. Extensive range of tools and equipment. Suppliers to the trade and DIY
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 538595


Stats: Qlocal over 1.65m unique users in 2014 (google analytics)
How We Use Cookies