southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
    Likes / Dislikes

Time to retune your TV/set top boxes

Things not in the right place or not there at all this morning!

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by gsgsgs View Post
    Things not in the right place or not there at all this morning!
    Oh great, another re-tune required which means my PVR video recorder will lose all future programmes to record and they will have to be manually re-entered!

Granada (North West)
    Your regional news is North West Today/Tonight on BBC One and ITV News Granada Reports on ITV.

WINTER HILL
    This is the main TV transmitter serving the majority of viewers in the Granada TV region, from the Welsh border across Cheshire, parts of Merseyside, Lancashire and Greater Manchester.

The multiplex carrying 4Music, Ideal World, 5Spike, Yesterday and Talking Pictures TV among other channels (multiplex COM6) is changing frequency on 7th March 2018 - from UHF channel 55 to 37.

The multiplex carrying BBC News HD, Al Jazeera HD, 4seven HD and Channel 4+1 HD among other channels (multiplex COM7) is changing frequency on 7th March 2018- from UHF channel 31 to the new national frequency on UHF 55. It has reduced coverage and is only available on newer Freeview devices.

The multiplex carrying BBC Four HD, CBeebies HD, FreeSports, PBS America and Forces TV among other channels (multiplex COM8) is changing frequency on 7th March 2018 - from UHF channel 37 to a temporary holding frequency on UHF channel 31 It has reduced coverage and is only available on newer Freeview devices. (A further change to UHF channel 56 will occur in late 2019, when the remainder of channels at Winter Hill are moved to new frequencies.)

Local TV services are not changing frequencies at this stage (this will follow in 2019), but will receive a power boost to maintain coverage and counteract any incoming interference from neighbouring regions.

No relays are affected. Further changes are planned for the last three months of 2019 in coordination with changes in neighbouring Yorkshire. A further, final change is planned for early 2020.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by rastrus View Post
    Oh great, another re-tune required which means my PVR video recorder will lose all future programmes to record and they will have to be manually re-entered!

Granada (North West)
    Your regional news is North West Today/Tonight on BBC One and ITV News Granada Reports on ITV.

WINTER HILL
    This is the main TV transmitter serving the majority of viewers in the Granada TV region, from the Welsh border across Cheshire, parts of Merseyside, Lancashire and Greater Manchester.

The multiplex carrying 4Music, Ideal World, 5Spike, Yesterday and Talking Pictures TV among other channels (multiplex COM6) is changing frequency on 7th March 2018 - from UHF channel 55 to 37.

The multiplex carrying BBC News HD, Al Jazeera HD, 4seven HD and Channel 4+1 HD among other channels (multiplex COM7) is changing frequency on 7th March 2018- from UHF channel 31 to the new national frequency on UHF 55. It has reduced coverage and is only available on newer Freeview devices.

The multiplex carrying BBC Four HD, CBeebies HD, FreeSports, PBS America and Forces TV among other channels (multiplex COM8) is changing frequency on 7th March 2018 - from UHF channel 37 to a temporary holding frequency on UHF channel 31 It has reduced coverage and is only available on newer Freeview devices. (A further change to UHF channel 56 will occur in late 2019, when the remainder of channels at Winter Hill are moved to new frequencies.)

Local TV services are not changing frequencies at this stage (this will follow in 2019), but will receive a power boost to maintain coverage and counteract any incoming interference from neighbouring regions.

No relays are affected. Further changes are planned for the last three months of 2019 in coordination with changes in neighbouring Yorkshire. A further, final change is planned for early 2020.
    Yes just done mine as I forgot last time!

Likes / Dislikes
    Him indoors did ours today.
    Devil in disguise,

Likes / Dislikes

Freeview retuning

Why can't they just leave it as it is?
    I was around at my mum's yesterday and the message popped up on the television to retune. Now it has BBC1 Wales, S4C, Channel 4 is not on 4 but on 7, ITV3 is on 804, ITV1 is on 807.
    Why does this keep happening?

Last time, it took 6 goes to get the damned thing back to normal.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Saxon View Post
    Why can't they just leave it as it is?
    I was around at my mum's yesterday and the message popped up on the television to retune. Now it has BBC1 Wales, S4C, Channel 4 is not on 4 but on 7, ITV3 is on 804, ITV1 is on 807.
    Why does this keep happening?

Last time, it took 6 goes to get the damned thing back to normal.
    I'm puzzled every time they do it, my TV upstairs tunes to Welsh channels yet my TV in the dinning room which is connected to the same aerial tunes to North West? I have to bring my TV from upstairs and tune it in the front room which is via a separate aerial to get North West on it, it then works fine back in the bedroom.

Likes / Dislikes
    It is probably to compact the range of frequencies, then the unused ones can be flogged off.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by gsgsgs View Post
    I'm puzzled every time they do it, my TV upstairs tunes to Welsh channels yet my TV in the dinning room which is connected to the same aerial tunes to North West? I have to bring my TV from upstairs and tune it in the front room which is via a separate aerial to get North West on it, it then works fine back in the bedroom.
    You can miss the Welsh channels out by unplugging the antenna from the tv start the auto-tuning process when it gets to approx 50% plug the antenna back in.

Used to work but frequencies may have changed, so if the TV upstairs isn’t too big, probably easier to carry it downstairs.

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Also website at southportnews.co.uk

Southport Music & Piano Academy

Qlocal Supports Woodlands Animal Sanctuary

Woodlands Animal Sanctuary Charity

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in southport
Replacement Stove Glass in southport
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News

33 Shakespeare Street, Southport, PR8 5AB
Awnings, canopies and continental security shutters with manual or electric operation, complete our exterior range.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 514333
Unit 24 AK Business Park, Russell Road, Southport, PR9 7SA
Rimmers Windows, a family run business, has gone from strength to strength since opening in 1991 and has developed a reputation second to none for top quality windows and doors, available at very competitive rates.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 505511

106 - 114 Shakespeare Street, Southport, PR8 5AJ
Big brands, big deals, 250 machines displayed, tractors, chainsaws, shredders, cultivators, aerators, vacs, trimmers, robot mowers, authorised warranty, most makes, est. 66 years
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 535369
486 Liverpool Road, Birkdale, Southport, PR8 3BD
We manufacture all types of Memorials and Cremation Tablets in marble, granite and stone. Existing monuments renovated & restored. Additional Inscriptions available on request
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 578854

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)