southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
    Likes / Dislikes

Thomas Henshaw Court

Can anyone assist me - I know that where Thomas Henshaw court is built on the Corner of Norwood Road and Peel Street that there was a church there at some point possibly around 36 years ago (I went to a christening there). I cannot remember what it was called or find any pictures etc on the internet. Also when was Thomas Henshaw Court built

Many thanks
    my glass is half full - or is it half empty I can't remember - too many glasses to be clear!!!

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    It was All Souls church

Likes / Dislikes
    All Souls Church

Likes / Dislikes
    I knew I'd seen a thread & pics of All Souls when it closed in 2006. Here's a pic of the inside, and a link to the thread.

https://www.qlocal.co.uk/showthread.php?t=51452&page=1

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by seivad View Post
    I knew I'd seen a thread & pics of All Souls when it closed in 2006. Here's a pic of the inside, and a link to the thread.

Thank you so much for the information, but wasn't it the "new" church that closed in 2006?

I was trying to ascertain how long Thomas Henshaws has been open on that site
    my glass is half full - or is it half empty I can't remember - too many glasses to be clear!!!

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by over the hill View Post
    Thank you so much for the information, but wasn't it the "new" church that closed in 2006?

I was trying to ascertain how long Thomas Henshaws has been open on that site
    I would say mid to late 90's, we did the music for them on a float for Southport Carnival and I sold that gear in 99 so would be before then.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by seivad View Post

Henshaws was there well before 2006 it was there in the mid to late 90's. Perhaps if someone lives nearby there will be a plaque inside saying who opened it and the date.

Likes / Dislikes
    I was going to Meols Cop girls school when it was demolished. I am now 66 years old.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by susanb View Post
    I was going to Meols Cop girls school when it was demolished. I am now 66 years old.
    They must have built another one, I was confirmed in that church in 1982 !

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by over the hill View Post
    Can anyone assist me - I know that where Thomas Henshaw court is built on the Corner of Norwood Road and Peel Street that there was a church there at some point possibly around 36 years ago (I went to a christening there). I cannot remember what it was called or find any pictures etc on the internet. Also when was Thomas Henshaw Court built

Many thanks
    Initially I think a chapel was built there, Blowick Wesleyan School-Chapel, Norwood Road on the 27th Nov 1865.

Likes / Dislikes
    All Souls moved a few hundered yards down Norwood Road to the old Norwood Road junior school hall. My guess the original church was demolished late 80''s and the plot was vacant for several years.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by horse View Post
    They must have built another one, I was confirmed in that church in 1982 !
    My brother was christened there in 1965, I sang in Meols Cop school choir and had a Carol service there in 82/83.

Likes / Dislikes
    I knew it had to be after 1982 as my friends daughter was christened there in that year.
    Many thanks to all who have replied and given me answers very grateful

Likes / Dislikes
    According to Wiki, Thomas Henshaw Home for the Blind was built in Southport in the early 90's, but doesn't give the exact date. I moved to Kew in 1994 and it was definitely there then, so I'm guessing it opened in 1992 - 93.

Likes / Dislikes

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Also website at southportnews.co.uk

Southport Music & Piano Academy

Qlocal Supports Woodlands Animal Sanctuary

Woodlands Animal Sanctuary Charity

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in southport
Replacement Stove Glass in southport
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News

15 Hampton Road, Southport, PR8 6SX
Your local hire centre. Extensive range of tools and equipment. Suppliers to the trade and DIY
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 538595
30 Virginia Street, Southport, PR8 6RU
Established 17 years ago. MOT\'s, servicing, repairs. Free collection and delivery service.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 543808

Southport & Ainsdale Golf Club, Bradshawa Lane, Southport, PR8 3LG
Following a full time career, Jim has now settled in to a challenging and exciting role as club professional at Southport and Ainsdale Golf Club.
WEBSITE     TEL: 577316
Heritage Houset, 9b Hoghton St, Southport, PR9 0TE
All your business insurance needs under one roof! Car, motor, home, taxi, fleets, shops, offices Best cover found at lowest prices! Free quotations provided.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 631913

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)