southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
1 LastLast
    Likes / Dislikes

Southport in the national news

This place is becoming a national, let alone local, disgrace.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...es-sit-in.html

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Think how many new 'affordable homes' could be built on that site instead.

Likes / Dislikes
    The town is becoming a joke.

said Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamble View Post
    Think how many new 'affordable homes' could be built on that site instead.
    Shhhh! Don't say that - someone may hear you! How about building a 'Theme Pub' there with entertainment and family arrangements with meals? Ideal location!

said Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlestar123 View Post
    The town is becoming a joke.
    Pontins does not exactly promote the town - it has seen its better days, time to demolish it and build something more along the lines of a Victorian looking entertainment centre.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by said View Post
    Shhhh! Don't say that - someone may hear you! How about building a 'Theme Pub' there with entertainment and family arrangements with meals? Ideal location!

Is that not what Pontins is?

said Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamble View Post

Is that not what Pontins is?
    Mass rioting and fighting, with the odd stabbing only appeals to a few people! The venue is not really a family entertainment and the chalets are no more than sheds.

Likes / Dislikes
    The jewel in Britannia Hotels crown.

Likes / Dislikes
    I don't think it should be demolished I think it should be soaked in petrol and set on fire. Then all the vermin and biological hazards will be got rid of in one fell swoop.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Londoner View Post
    I don't think it should be demolished I think it should be soaked in petrol and set on fire. Then all the vermin and biological hazards will be got rid of in one fell swoop.
    Once suitably decontaminated the land could be used for a multitude of uses. Maybe as proper all year round car parking and toilet facilities with beach access for cars stopped.

Likes / Dislikes
    To be fair, the place is no different to the Prestatyn Pontins. Such a shame, for city dwellers these places used to be such highlights - fresh air, beach walks, rolling down sand dunes. It could also be a great faculty for the town if money were Invested in it.
    Volunteers needed now

Southport And Formby Special Athletes
    Registered charity no. 1037697

www.southportspecialathletes.org.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    What amazes me is how did it ever get planning permission in the first place, the area was awash with natterjack toads. Could it be anything to do with the old Southport County Borough Council being Conservative controlled?
    PS. I almost forgot the area (Westminster Drive), where Brosley purchased the land for £650,000 and went onto build over 700 houses which was sold by the same Council this area also awash with natterjack toads.
    I'm sure there's a few of those ex-councillors still knocking about who could come up with a response, but I won't hold my breath.

Likes / Dislikes
    Years ago there was talk of British Holidays taking over Pontins,and renovating the whole site,with modernising the chalets,entertainment centre etc,but they obviously thought better of it,as it is too far from the town centre,and would have cost them too much to modernise it,and now that Brittania have took over running the park down to its degrading state,there is NO chance of the place ever being upgraded.The only thing to do now is to close it down completely,and possibly build houses on the site,as that is the ONLY way the council will get any profit from such a large plot of land area.The only people who go there now are those wanting a CHEAP holiday,but expecting more from Pontins,in the way of better,cleaner accomodation,with entertainment for their children....No chance of that ever happening with the owners of the site,potential holidaymakers to Pontins only need to read the constant complaints on TripAdvisor,or read stories in the news to be put off from ever going to the Pontins in Ainsdale on sea.
    The day that God created Akita's......He just sat back and smiled

Likes / Dislikes
    Having seen the comments & pictures that crop up on a regular basis I conclude that these are not isolated incidents but are the norm, I therefore wonder what standards those who don't complain are living in and are willing to endure.

Likes / Dislikes
    Just Nuke it.
    REST IN PEACE THE 96.
    Y.N.W.A.

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Also website at southportnews.co.uk

Southport Music & Piano Academy

Qlocal Supports Woodlands Animal Sanctuary

Woodlands Animal Sanctuary Charity

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in southport
Replacement Stove Glass in southport
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News

25-27 Forest Road, Southport, PR8 6JD
Come to visit Wallpaper John@ Forest Road Wallcoverings today for Southport's finest range of wallcoverings with over 1000 designs always in store.
WEBSITE
165 Lord Street, Opposite the Prince of Wales, Southport, PR8 1PF
In superlative classic surroundings, enjoy your tea and food in a building which you would be forgiven to think was in the heart of London! Actually we are opposite the Prince of Wales in Southport
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 540066

Heritage Houset, 9b Hoghton St, Southport, PR9 0TE
All your business insurance needs under one roof! Car, motor, home, taxi, fleets, shops, offices Best cover found at lowest prices! Free quotations provided.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 631913
4-8 Liverpool Avenue, Ainsdale, Southport, PR8 3NH
We have a superb range of over-mantle mirrors to complement any room setting, with over 300 in stock to view.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 578788

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)