southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found

Thread: Serious Survey

said Guest

Serious Survey

How many of you have been to a Doctor's surgery with some health complaint or whatever - and have NOT come away with a prescription or hospital appointment?

This is a serious survey and I would like as many people as possible to answer this, please include family members. I will explain why when sufficient people have answered.

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by said View Post
    How many of you have been to a Doctor's surgery with some health complaint or whatever - and have NOT come away with a prescription or hospital appointment?

This is a serious survey and I would like as many people as possible to answer this, please include family members. I will explain why when sufficient people have answered.
    But not every doctor visit should end in a prescription or hospital appointment?

Likes / Dislikes
    Coming away without a 'follow up' appointment is the 3rd option.

Otherwise I would expect the Dr to note on the electronic record patient
    advised to come back if symptoms persist or develop.

Likes / Dislikes
    Would probably be dead before getting through to the receptionist on the phone, getting to actually see someone or even getting a gold dust doctor appointment might be too much for the old ticker.

Likes / Dislikes
    Please, how is this serious survey?
    It comes across as a nonsensical question with an unknown
    number of answers which YOU can embellish into something
    that you would like to hear or support in your mind that a lot of people
    think your way.

said Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ausard2 View Post
    Please, how is this serious survey?
    It comes across as a nonsensical question with an unknown
    number of answers which YOU can embellish into something
    that you would like to hear or support in your mind that a lot of people
    think your way.
    Just bear with me - it is straightforward enough. How many people are given a prescription when they visit a doctor?

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by said View Post
    Just bear with me - it is straightforward enough. How many people are given a prescription when they visit a doctor?
    Your question is vague to say the least, what point are you trying to make?

On a recent visit for holiday jabs no prescription given, another visit cheaper to buy over the counter so no prescription given, another visit prescription given, so 3 visits, 3 different scenarios, 3 different answers!

Likes / Dislikes
    I have not visited a doctor very often. I would say about 1 in 4 in my case to answer your question. Too many people demand prescriptions when these are not always necessary.

Likes / Dislikes
    One does not need to visit the surgery for a repeat prescription.

Hospital trusts are dastards on keeping their drug prescribing budget lower on treatment they prescribe by only issuing 1 weeks worth transferring the continuation of cost(and drug prescribing scrutiny) to General Practice.

Likes / Dislikes
    I've not had an unsatisfactory outcome for some time. The last two visits I have gone away without prescription nor referral. In both cases they advised me to self medicate. I got better, so the answer must have been correct.

Likes / Dislikes
    Is that fact you going to the doctors in the first place not an indication of some treatment needed?

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceam View Post
    Is that fact you going to the doctors in the first place not an indication of some treatment needed?
    You'd like to think so but sadly no. A GP chum of mine estimates that around 30% of her time is taken up with appointments that aren't necessary. These range from demands for antibiotics for sniffles to those requiring a Doctor's visit for whiplash claims.

said Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gsgsgs View Post
    Your question is vague to say the least, what point are you trying to make?

On a recent visit for holiday jabs no prescription given, another visit cheaper to buy over the counter so no prescription given, another visit prescription given, so 3 visits, 3 different scenarios, 3 different answers!
    I was hoping that more people would reply. There is insufficient response to draw any conclusions - sorry!

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Also website at southportnews.co.uk

Southport Music & Piano Academy

Qlocal Supports Woodlands Animal Sanctuary

Woodlands Animal Sanctuary Charity

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in southport
Replacement Stove Glass in southport
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News

486 Liverpool Road, Birkdale, Southport, PR8 3BD
We manufacture all types of Memorials and Cremation Tablets in marble, granite and stone. Existing monuments renovated & restored. Additional Inscriptions available on request
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 578854
106 - 114 Shakespeare Street, Southport, PR8 5AJ
Big brands, big deals, 250 machines displayed, tractors, chainsaws, shredders, cultivators, aerators, vacs, trimmers, robot mowers, authorised warranty, most makes, est. 66 years
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 535369

Heritage Houset, 9b Hoghton St, Southport, PR9 0TE
All your business insurance needs under one roof! Car, motor, home, taxi, fleets, shops, offices Best cover found at lowest prices! Free quotations provided.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 631913
25-27 Forest Road, Southport, PR8 6JD
Come to visit Wallpaper John@ Forest Road Wallcoverings today for Southport's finest range of wallcoverings with over 1000 designs always in store.
WEBSITE

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)