southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
1 LastLast
    Likes / Dislikes

News Royal wedding in tatters

Is the Royal Wedding doomed to fail as Brides father pulls out?

MEGHAN Markle’s dad has revealed he will not attend her and Prince Harry’s wedding on Saturday.

The bombshell revelation came as he admitted he was paid to pose for paparazzi pictures sold to news outlets worldwide.

Meghan was expected to be walked down the aisle by her dad Thomas Markle Sr

Thomas, 73, who also said he had a heart attack a week ago, insisted he will not now walk Meghan down the aisle for fear of embarrassing her or the royals over the paparazzi deal.

Last night Thomas said he was going to check back into hospital after suffering more chest pains.

Mum Doria, 61, may now have to give her away at Windsor’s St George’s Chapel.

His no-show revelation, just four days before the wedding at Windsor’s St George’s Chapel, caught the Palace completely by surprise - throwing its plans into chaos.

He was caught posing for snaps which sold for £100k
    Kensington Palace said last night: “This is a deeply personal moment for Ms Markle in the days before her wedding.

“She and Prince Harry ask again for understanding and respect to be extended to Mr Markle in this difficult situation.”

Thomas, who lives in Rosarito, Mexico, was supposed to be flying to London this week to meet the Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles, Camilla, Wills and Kate at a lunch ahead of the ceremony.

If he sticks to his refusal to attend the wedding Doria, 61, will probably take over his duties.

It is understood Meghan, 36, had already asked her to be on standby in case Thomas was too unwell to come to the UK.

It is thought that mum Doria will now walk her down the aisle

Prince Harry and Meghan are counting down the hours until the big day
    Thomas admitted in an interview with US website TMZ that he did a deal with a photo agency to take pictures of him, saying he meant “no harm.”

They showed him in Rosarito reading a book on British history, working out with weights, being measured for a wedding suit and looking up Harry and Meghan at an internet café.

The pictures were sold around the world — before the Mail On Sunday revealed they had been staged.

His confession is embarrassing for Kensington Palace, which had issued strong legal letters in an attempt to protect Thomas’s privacy.

He admitted in the interview that the staged paparazzi pictures looked “stupid and hammy.”

A source said: “Tom was really upset when he was photographed looking unkempt and dishevelled earlier this year.

“He thought they made him look like a lush and he wanted a more positive image of him out there.

“So that’s why he colluded with the picture agency and photographer to do better shots.”

Thomas admitted accepting money from agency Coleman Rayner for the pictures.

He also said he had suffered a heart attack last Tuesday and had checked himself out of hospital so he could attend the wedding.

He was pictured driving away from his home last Wednesday and staying the night at a motel in San Diego after crossing the US border.

Mr Markle reportedly suffered a heart attack last week
    The next day, Thursday, he lifted two heavy pots of flowering plants and put them on Doria’s door step in Los Angeles along with a card.

He was then seen driving around LA, visiting the post office, pharmacy and bank before heading back to Mexico that evening.

Thomas’s daughter Samantha, Meghan’s estranged half-sister, said the posed pictures were her idea.

Samantha, who is not invited to the wedding, told ITV’s Loose Women she said: “My father doing staged photos is my fault.

The father-of-the-bride has now sensationally pulled out of the royal wedding
    “I suggested he do positive photos. It was not for money.”

She said she had no idea if he had been paid but added: “If he was it would have been a pittance. I’m entirely the culprit.

"I said to him to show the world ‘I’m getting in shape and getting healthy’ so I suggested it to benefit him and the Royal family.”

Thomas’s grandson Tyler Dooley, 25, yesterday said his granddad had suggested only on Sunday that he would be at the wedding.

He was also snapped being measured for a suit - but it was a set up
    He said: “My grandfather is in pieces – he is broken. He is not doing well.

“He is a very reclusive guy — he has been in the spotlight his entire life behind the cameras and now he has been thrusted into all this with the Royals.

“It is overwhelming. My grandfather just wants to be left alone — he wants the peace and the quiet back.”

Tyler, a debt recovery worker, said of his Sunday discussion with Thomas: “He emailed me and I emailed him back.

Meghan's dad lives in Mexico and has been described as a 'recluse' by relatives

“He said he’s had some serious complications because of the stress, anxiety and pressure. I was also told that he had a heart attack. He had a pretty big health scare.

“He told me that he loves me very much and he’s sorry about everything that’s happening.

“He said plans to get the care and the help he needs after the wedding — which told me that he was going.”

Tyler said he believes that Thomas will change his mind again and go to the ceremony — because he loves Meghan so much.

He added: “There is no way he is not going to go to that wedding. That is his daughter and she loves him more than anything in the world.

“I couldn’t be more proud of Meghan — she is everything to me.

“She knows she has a big support base behind her and that’s all she needs to know.”

If Thomas does not turn up, Doria will be the bride’s only immediate relative at Saturday’s wedding.

But Tracey Dooley, estranged wife of Meghan’s brother Thomas Jr, is already in London with her two sons despite not having an invite.

The three are set to appear on Good Morning Britain as part of the show’s Royal wedding coverage.

Call or text roving-eye with your news 07530 315 478 or email timj@qnews.co.uk

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by roving-eye View Post
    Is the Royal Wedding doomed to fail as Brides father pulls out?

MEGHAN Markle’s dad has revealed he will not attend her and Prince Harry’s wedding on Saturday.

The bombshell revelation came as he admitted he was paid to pose for paparazzi pictures sold to news outlets

Meghan was expected to be walked down the aisle by her dad Thomas Markle Sr

Thomas, 73, who also said he had a heart attack a week ago, insisted he will not now walk Meghan down the aisle for fear of embarrassing her or the royals over the paparazzi deal.

Last night Thomas said he was going to check back into hospital after suffering more chest pains.

Mum Doria, 61, may now have to give her away at Windsor’s St George’s Chapel.

His no-show revelation, just four days before the wedding at Windsor’s St George’s Chapel, caught the Palace completely by surprise - throwing its plans into chaos.

He was caught posing for snaps which sold for £100k
    Kensington Palace said last night: “This is a deeply personal moment for Ms Markle in the days before her wedding.

“She and Prince Harry ask again for understanding and respect to be extended to Mr Markle in this difficult situation.”

Thomas, who lives in Rosarito, Mexico, was supposed to be flying to London this week to meet the Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles, Camilla, Wills and Kate at a lunch ahead of the ceremony.

If he sticks to his refusal to attend the wedding Doria, 61, will probably take over his duties.

It is understood Meghan, 36, had already asked her to be on standby in case Thomas was too unwell to come to the UK.

It is thought that mum Doria will now walk her down the aisle

Prince Harry and Meghan are counting down the hours until the big day
    Thomas admitted in an interview with US website TMZ that he did a deal with a photo agency to take pictures of him, saying he meant “no harm.”

They showed him in Rosarito reading a book on British history, working out with weights, being measured for a wedding suit and looking up Harry and Meghan at an internet café.

The pictures were sold around the world — before the Mail On Sunday revealed they had been staged.

His confession is embarrassing for Kensington Palace, which had issued strong legal letters in an attempt to protect Thomas’s privacy.

He admitted in the interview that the staged paparazzi pictures looked “stupid and hammy.”

A source said: “Tom was really upset when he was photographed looking unkempt and dishevelled earlier this year.

“He thought they made him look like a lush and he wanted a more positive image of him out there.

“So that’s why he colluded with the picture agency and photographer to do better shots.”

Thomas admitted accepting money from agency Coleman Rayner for the pictures.

He also said he had suffered a heart attack last Tuesday and had checked himself out of hospital so he could attend the wedding.

He was pictured driving away from his home last Wednesday and staying the night at a motel in San Diego after crossing the US border.

Mr Markle reportedly suffered a heart attack last week
    The next day, Thursday, he lifted two heavy pots of flowering plants and put them on Doria’s door step in Los Angeles along with a card.

He was then seen driving around LA, visiting the post office, pharmacy and bank before heading back to Mexico that evening.

Thomas’s daughter Samantha, Meghan’s estranged half-sister, said the posed pictures were her idea.

Samantha, who is not invited to the wedding, told ITV’s Loose Women she said: “My father doing staged photos is my fault.

The father-of-the-bride has now sensationally pulled out of the royal wedding
    “I suggested he do positive photos. It was not for money.”

She said she had no idea if he had been paid but added: “If he was it would have been a pittance. I’m entirely the culprit.

"I said to him to show the world ‘I’m getting in shape and getting healthy’ so I suggested it to benefit him and the Royal family.”

Thomas’s grandson Tyler Dooley, 25, yesterday said his granddad had suggested only on Sunday that he would be at the wedding.

He was also snapped being measured for a suit - but it was a set up
    He said: “My grandfather is in pieces – he is broken. He is not doing well.

“He is a very reclusive guy — he has been in the spotlight his entire life behind the cameras and now he has been thrusted into all this with the Royals.

“It is overwhelming. My grandfather just wants to be left alone — he wants the peace and the quiet back.”

Tyler, a debt recovery worker, said of his Sunday discussion with Thomas: “He emailed me and I emailed him back.

“He said he’s had some serious complications because of the stress, anxiety and pressure. I was also told that he had a heart attack. He had a pretty big health scare.

“He told me that he loves me very much and he’s sorry about everything that’s happening.

“He said plans to get the care and the help he needs after the wedding — which told me that he was going.”

Tyler said he believes that Thomas will change his mind again and go to the ceremony — because he loves Meghan so much.

He added: “There is no way he is not going to go to that wedding. That is his daughter and she loves him more than anything in the world.

“I couldn’t be more proud of Meghan — she is everything to me.

“She knows she has a big support base behind her and that’s all she needs to know.”

If Thomas does not turn up, Doria will be the bride’s only immediate relative at Saturday’s wedding.

But Tracey Dooley, estranged wife of Meghan’s brother Thomas Jr, is already in London with her two sons despite not having an invite.

The three are set to appear on Good Morning Britain as part of the show’s Royal wedding coverage.

No it is not doomed , once again you've picked up a story , get out and report "local" news .
    REST IN PEACE THE 96.
    Y.N.W.A.

Likes / Dislikes
    The whole concept of having the media spotlight on you to that degree would be immensely stressful to the most resilient people. It seems like sections of her family are fairly chaotic and dysfunctional so I sort of don't blame him.

My prospective (and depressive) father in law made half of my first wedding, having been put in the position of "making a speech because it would be good for him". The speech never happened, and we subsequently learned that he had taken an overdose (he survived).

Even a quiet, low key, backwater wedding can be very stressful for those involved.

Likes / Dislikes
    Poor girl.

What a very dysfunctional family.

To spoil his daughters wedding in such a way, is not a true loving father.
    Just an exploiter...

I understand his temptation to take the money, but he was an idiot if he didn't realize the consequences after and hurt and humiliation he brings on his daughter

I admire Harry as he has always tried to be a people's person, and standing by Megan ,and all her baggage, has shown great fortitude and love.

I wish them both all the happiness in the world.

Likes / Dislikes

Giving Meghan away

Maybe they could have one of those Tombola things and draw a name out of it as to who's going to be the one to give her away.
    Or even hold a raffle the day before.

Likes / Dislikes
    I think her mum will walk her down the aisle.Nothing wrong with that.
    Queen Victoria walked 2 of her daughters down the aisle.
    Devil in disguise,

Likes / Dislikes
    if hes just had aheart attack then surley the anx of a very public wedding would be out of the question anyway ,regardless of any other issue .no fan of any in royal or otherwise leadership /of our current politico scene,but isn't it abt obvious hes not up to the task with those issues.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by jamyramy View Post
    if hes just had aheart attack then surley the anx of a very public wedding would be out of the question anyway ,regardless of any other issue .no fan of any in royal or otherwise leadership /of our current politico scene,but isn't it abt obvious hes not up to the task with those issues.
    Yes, the pressure would be enormous for someone in his position and considering that he has been a recluse for many years.

Strange just how much this wedding has broken so many traditions for the Royal Family. Perhaps the situation is changing in that there will be no Royal people in future to head the country, it will be just ordinary people who have found themselves in that role. Interesting!

Likes / Dislikes
    Roll on Sunday!!!

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by justbecause View Post
    Roll on Sunday!!!
    You must be recording it, if you're watching the wedding on Sunday!
    Just be yourself, no one else is better qualified!!

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick2 View Post
    You must be recording it, if you're watching the wedding on Sunday!
    Quite possibly not. 😀😀

Likes / Dislikes
    Probably heard that the DoE was keen to meet him and then he read about Harry's mother.

Likes / Dislikes
    Will Harry's Father be there?

Likes / Dislikes
    Why do some people seem to enjoy others unhappiness, I can't understand at all.

Young couple have fallen in love against all odds ..

The young lady has been ripped apart time after time, by media seeking idiots. Her family having little compassion for her situation, must be heart breaking for her.

It takes a lot of strength and character to face the barrage of jealousy, dislike and hate designated on both sides...

Let them have their day and then they can disappear from all those gossips and hateful people.

I shall be watching the wedding on tv. I'm sure it will be a lovely event.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Londoner View Post
    Will Harry's Father be there?
    Why wouldn't he be??
    Just be yourself, no one else is better qualified!!

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Also website at southportnews.co.uk

Southport Music & Piano Academy

Qlocal Supports Woodlands Animal Sanctuary

Woodlands Animal Sanctuary Charity

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in southport
Replacement Stove Glass in southport
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News

Southport & Ainsdale Golf Club, Bradshawa Lane, Southport, PR8 3LG
Following a full time career, Jim has now settled in to a challenging and exciting role as club professional at Southport and Ainsdale Golf Club.
WEBSITE     TEL: 577316
4-8 Liverpool Avenue, Ainsdale, Southport, PR8 3NH
We have a superb range of over-mantle mirrors to complement any room setting, with over 300 in stock to view.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 578788

Unit 24 AK Business Park, Russell Road, Southport, PR9 7SA
Rimmers Windows, a family run business, has gone from strength to strength since opening in 1991 and has developed a reputation second to none for top quality windows and doors, available at very competitive rates.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 505511
486 Liverpool Road, Birkdale, Southport, PR8 3BD
We manufacture all types of Memorials and Cremation Tablets in marble, granite and stone. Existing monuments renovated & restored. Additional Inscriptions available on request
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 578854

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)