southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
    Likes / Dislikes

Phone Techy Help Needed

In short I have left my current network provider and moved my number to a new phone and network. I wish to sell my old phone Samsung Galaxy J3 and have restored it to factory setting but it keeps asking for the Google account it was previously synced too ?? Obviously I can't sell it like this, any phone techies come on here ?

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    In short I have left my current network provider and moved my number to a new phone and network. I wish to sell my old phone Samsung Galaxy J3 and have restored it to factory setting but it keeps asking for the Google account it was previously synced too ?? Obviously I can't sell it like this, any phone techies come on here ?
    It doesn't matter, the google account is yours, you use this on your new phone. When you sell it the new owner will either have their own google account or will need to create one.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by gsgsgs View Post
    It doesn't matter, the google account is yours, you use this on your new phone. When you sell it the new owner will either have their own google account or will need to create one.
    It's not giving that option, only to enter the previous account it was synced with.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    It's not giving that option, only to enter the previous account it was synced with.
    At that point the new owner enters their login details it will then access their original account.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by gsgsgs View Post
    At that point the new owner enters their login details it will then access their original account.
    So am ok to sell it then ?

Likes / Dislikes
    I'd say so, I've reset my phone before and once it's finished and turned it on as you say it ask for a Google account, this is for Gmail, Play store.

So long as you've not entered your account you should be fine.

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Also website at southportnews.co.uk

Southport Music & Piano Academy

Qlocal Supports Woodlands Animal Sanctuary

Woodlands Animal Sanctuary Charity

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in southport
Replacement Stove Glass in southport
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News

Southport & Ainsdale Golf Club, Bradshawa Lane, Southport, PR8 3LG
Following a full time career, Jim has now settled in to a challenging and exciting role as club professional at Southport and Ainsdale Golf Club.
WEBSITE     TEL: 577316
33 Shakespeare Street, Southport, PR8 5AB
Awnings, canopies and continental security shutters with manual or electric operation, complete our exterior range.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 514333

15 Hampton Road, Southport, PR8 6SX
Your local hire centre. Extensive range of tools and equipment. Suppliers to the trade and DIY
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 538595
4-8 Liverpool Avenue, Ainsdale, Southport, PR8 3NH
We have a superb range of over-mantle mirrors to complement any room setting, with over 300 in stock to view.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 578788

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)