southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst ...
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by grassroots View Post
    More plonkers riding bikes in Chapel Street today (Sat). When are the council /police going to lay the damn law down .
    As with many rules, human nature means people in general only obey them whilst police are present. You can't expect every cyclist to be an 'angel', no more than you can expect it from the percentage of drivers ignoring speed-limits, yellow lines, traffic lights, bus lanes, etc.

If there's to be more enforcement of any rules, I'd suggest focussing resources first on speeding motor vehicles. That behaviour is far more common - and imo represents a far greater danger to the public.
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by The PNP View Post
    As with many rules, human nature means people in general only obey them whilst police are present. You can't expect every cyclist to be an 'angel', no more than you can expect it from the percentage of drivers ignoring speed-limits, yellow lines, traffic lights, bus lanes, etc.

If there's to be more enforcement of any rules, I'd suggest focussing resources first on speeding motor vehicles. That behaviour is far more common - and imo represents a far greater danger to the public.

Oh I see your view of life is that these scum can do what they like providing there are no police around , that means if you are out any scum can vandalise your property .
    It's about .
    Living in a civilised society, it's about respect for other people , it's consideration for other people.
    We all know that there are irresponsible motorists so don't keep throwing that one in , the scum I refer too are like rats riding around the town as though they can do as they want .
    I have made a strong complaint to both Merseyside Police and Sefton Council in writing and I intend to pursue this matter .
    My next port of call is my councillor, and the councillor that represents the town centre .
    REST IN PEACE THE 96.
    Y.N.W.A.

Likes / Dislikes

Usual deflection tactics, currently there appear to be very few "angel or angelic" cyclists, of course we all know you would concentrate attacks on motorists under any pretext, most see what's going on and can see clearly that the percentage of cyclists who feel they can behave and act as they wish is very high.

Likes / Dislikes
    A) Oh I see your view of life is that these scum can do what they like providing there are no police around , that means if you are out any scum can vandalise your property .

B) It's about . Living in a civilised society, it's about respect for other people , it's consideration for other people.
    We all know that there are irresponsible motorists so don't keep throwing that one in , the scum I refer too are like rats riding around the town as though they can do as they want .
    A) Not at all. I'm saying you will always get your fair share of idiots on bikes, in cars, even on motorbikes come to that......I am not condoning peoples irresponsible behaviour, simply saying (as we all well know) that's what some behave like - irrespective of type of vehicle - whenever authority is absent.

B) Yeah, I have also come across kids on bikes in town acting like wallies. Lord St pavement near the Bold. Jumping their bikes up against seats, pulling wheelies amongst pedestrians and generally spoiling everyone elses day. If you can get that sort of behaviour stopped, the better for all of us....I'd equate it to young motorists i.e. boy racers, making do-nuts in the road, drifting around roundabouts, smoking tyres away from lights, needlessly revving/backfiring engines, cutting other road-users up, etc.
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by silver fox View Post
    Usual deflection tactics, currently there appear to be very few "angel or angelic" cyclists, of course we all know you would concentrate attacks on motorists under any pretext, most see what's going on and can see clearly that the percentage of cyclists who feel they can behave and act as they wish is very high.
    Disagree....I ride NCN (National Cycle Routes) cross-country routes frequently so come across many cyclists, few if any of those riders would I describe as 'bad'. If driving, I pull into laybys on single-track roads to let approaching riders past, almost always receiving a smile and a wave of thanks in return. Perhaps there's something about being in towns, that changes peoples behaviour for the worse?
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    Disagree....I ride NCN (National Cycle Routes) cross-country routes frequently so come across many cyclists, few if any of those riders would I describe as 'bad'. If driving, I pull into laybys on single-track roads to let approaching riders past, almost always receiving a smile and a wave of thanks in return. Perhaps there's something about being in towns, that changes peoples behaviour for the worse?
    Never mind towns, City Centres are an absolute nightmare it is still dangerous crossing a road when the green man is lit.

Likes / Dislikes
    According to the news page a cyclist was given a ticket for failing to stop at traffic lights on Liverpool Road . Let's have more of this and bring these clowns into line ,and before there are any comments more motorists should be dealt with for this offence.
    REST IN PEACE THE 96.
    Y.N.W.A.

Likes / Dislikes
    Oh I see your view of life is that these scum can do what they like providing there are no police around , that means if you are out any scum can vandalise your property .
    It's about .
    Living in a civilised society, it's about respect for other people , it's consideration for other people.
    I have made a strong complaint to both Merseyside Police and Sefton Council in writing and I intend to pursue this matter .
    My next port of call is my councillor, and the councillor that represents the town centre .

I have received an Email from Sefton Council informing me that cycling in Chapel Street can only be enforced by the police due to the fact that it is a moving traffic offence .
    I have contacted the area police commander , watch this space !!
    REST IN PEACE THE 96.
    Y.N.W.A.

Likes / Dislikes
    I have received an Email from Sefton Council informing me that cycling in Chapel Street can only be enforced by the police due to the fact that it is a moving traffic offence .
    I have contacted the area police commander , watch this space !!
    Can't argue with that - the law is the law.....And while they're at it, hows about booking those idiots who drive through the no-entry signs into London St to get to the Monument!
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    It's the style of driving you get on rat-runs that's a major part of the issue......blatantly 'flooring it' through, with no regard for limits, or the safety of animals, kids, oldies, etc.
    WELL STOP DOING IT THEN!

Likes / Dislikes
    Can't argue with that - the law is the law.....And while they're at it, hows about booking those idiots who drive through the no-entry signs into London St to get to the Monument!
    Yep if drivers are doing it , nail them .
    Last edited by grassroots; 22/10/2017 at 08:05 AM.
    REST IN PEACE THE 96.
    Y.N.W.A.

Likes / Dislikes
    It would have made sense to make that bit of London St two way while the resurfacing work is taking place on Lord St. Cars were forced to turn right into Hoghton St and then found it impossible to head back in a southerly direction.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by K-T View Post
    It would have made sense to make that bit of London St two way while the resurfacing work is taking place on Lord St. Cars were forced to turn right into Hoghton St and then found it impossible to head back in a southerly direction.
    Yes, it might. But then having let it happen once, there'd inevitably be calls to keep London St two-way on a permanent basis.
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    Yes, it might. But then having let it happen once, there'd inevitably be calls to keep London St two-way on a permanent basis.
    Well if it was it has nothing to do with you stick your nose in West Lanc's affairs and KEEP it there.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Londoner View Post
    Well if it was it has nothing to do with you stick your nose in West Lanc's affairs and KEEP it there.
    On the contrary, I make use of that piece of bus/cycle-lane on a regular basis.
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

FirstFirst ...
Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Also website at southportnews.co.uk

Southport Music & Piano Academy

Qlocal Supports Woodlands Animal Sanctuary

Woodlands Animal Sanctuary Charity

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in southport
Replacement Stove Glass in southport
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News

30 Virginia Street, Southport, PR8 6RU
Established 17 years ago. MOT\'s, servicing, repairs. Free collection and delivery service.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 543808
15 Hampton Road, Southport, PR8 6SX
Your local hire centre. Extensive range of tools and equipment. Suppliers to the trade and DIY
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 538595

486 Liverpool Road, Birkdale, Southport, PR8 3BD
We manufacture all types of Memorials and Cremation Tablets in marble, granite and stone. Existing monuments renovated & restored. Additional Inscriptions available on request
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 578854
4-8 Liverpool Avenue, Ainsdale, Southport, PR8 3NH
We have a superb range of over-mantle mirrors to complement any room setting, with over 300 in stock to view.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 578788

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)