southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
    Likes / Dislikes

Is there discrimination

Are all untaxed and uninsured cars around Southport being clamped, or just those of the local residents?

Do 'visitors' cars get clamped?

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by said View Post
    Are all untaxed and uninsured cars around Southport being clamped, or just those of the local residents?

Do 'visitors' cars get clamped?

I'd imagine if it gets flagged up on the computer, Then they get clamped. But I'm guessing that's not really the question you're asking. So should I ask it for you?

Do gypsies/travelers get clamped.
    Answer... Probably not, as the clamp would probably just be cut off, and without any fix address is almost impossible to get payment. These are the DVLA not the SAS. Now carry on with your pointless rant...

Likes / Dislikes
    Hopefully everyone gets clamped if they don't have the correct documentation for the vehicle. I have always had tax & insurance for my car, no angel, but like to keep on the side of the law. Suppose it was the way I was brought up. If you cannot pay, you don't use it.
    It has been said that when helping people change their behaviour – “the spirit in which help is offered” is the most important aspect, more than the degree of skills and knowledge of the helper!

Likes / Dislikes
    Ha!Ha! Not a pointless rant - more tongue in cheek actually! Just wanted to see if anyone would tactfully bring it up. You did - but tact is not a craft you practice is it? !

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceam View Post
    I'd imagine if it gets flagged up on the computer, Then they get clamped. But I'm guessing that's not really the question you're asking. So should I ask it for you?

Do gypsies/travelers get clamped.
    Answer... Probably not, as the clamp would probably just be cut off, and without any fix address is almost impossible to get payment. These are the DVLA not the SAS. Now carry on with your pointless rant...
    Perhaps certain members of society would be happy to be clamped so they can't be moved on😜🤔

Likes / Dislikes
    Ha!Ha! Not a pointless rant - more tongue in cheek actually! Just wanted to see if anyone would tactfully bring it up. You did - but tact is not a craft you practice is it? !
    I don't do tact. Or hidden agendas, what you see is what you get.

Likes / Dislikes
    I don't do tact. Or hidden agendas, what you see is what you get.
    Mmmh! It could be classed as obvious, I suppose!

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by semah View Post
    Perhaps certain members of society would be happy to be clamped so they can't be moved on😜🤔
    More likely they would use their illicit talents to remove the clamps and sell them for scrap metal!

Likes / Dislikes
    Have you ever tried to register, tax or insure a vehicle without a fixed address? it simply can't be done so yes they should be clamped or removed until such a time that they are road legal.

Likes / Dislikes
    Mmmh! It could be classed as obvious, I suppose!
    Yep, and proud of it, at least you know where you are with me.

Likes / Dislikes
    More likely they would use their illicit talents to remove the clamps and sell them for scrap metal!
    Exactly.

So a little pointless.

It is quite an assumption though that they are not taxed or insured.

In the past I've had a couple have work done at my work shop and very nice people they where too, But I guess not many people actually interact with them to find that out.

Likes / Dislikes
    Exactly.

So a little pointless.

It is quite an assumption though that they are not taxed or insured.

In the past I've had a couple have work done at my work shop and very nice people they where too, But I guess not many people actually interact with them to find that out.
    Wrong! I was chatting to one of them last week - lovely guy, really friendly - showed me the bruises and cuts he got from their Saturday bare knuckle fights. He was wheeling a very expensive mountain bike that he could not ride.

My neighbour allowed some to carry out some plastering for her - lovely people really friendly and chatty. They even set a table out in her garden so she could sit and relax. They finished the work and she paid them. Then found out her 18ct gold watch was missing and parts of the plaster fell off.

These people follow their own religion, have their own language and their own culture. A part of their culture involves women and girls to stay and do the chores and cooking, while the men folk travel all around the area doing whatever to increase the income of the camp.

No longer do these people mend pots and pans for a living, no longer do the women sell heather going from door to door. They will tell you that they now make their living by doing trade work and odd jobs. Considering that the majority of these people have not attended any schooling, nor apprenticeships - their culture will not allow them to mix with outsiders - they are making a really good living.

Likes / Dislikes
    Wrong! I was chatting to one of them last week - lovely guy, really friendly - showed me the bruises and cuts he got from their Saturday bare knuckle fights. He was wheeling a very expensive mountain bike that he could not ride.

My neighbour allowed some to carry out some plastering for her - lovely people really friendly and chatty. They even set a table out in her garden so she could sit and relax. They finished the work and she paid them. Then found out her 18ct gold watch was missing and parts of the plaster fell off.

These people follow their own religion, have their own language and their own culture. A part of their culture involves women and girls to stay and do the chores and cooking, while the men folk travel all around the area doing whatever to increase the income of the camp.

No longer do these people mend pots and pans for a living, no longer do the women sell heather going from door to door. They will tell you that they now make their living by doing trade work and odd jobs. Considering that the majority of these people have not attended any schooling, nor apprenticeships - their culture will not allow them to mix with outsiders - they are making a really good living.
    God you talk some ****.

"Wrong! I was chatting to one of them last week - lovely guy, really friendly - showed me the bruises and cuts he got from their Saturday bare knuckle fights. He was wheeling a very expensive mountain bike that he could not ride."

Surely some one of your heroic status would have taken him into your custody while you waited for the police to arrive and arrest him for having a stolen bike. OR did it not actually happen.

"These people follow their own religion, have their own language and their own culture. A part of their culture involves women and girls to stay and do the chores and cooking, while the men folk travel all around the area doing whatever to increase the income of the camp. "

and what the fu.. is that even meant to mean? Going of that description I'm a Gypsy.

Likes / Dislikes
    I had no reason to suspect anything of the guy. Therefore, no reason to stop him. He has already told me where he lived anyway.

You have your own language, culture and religion confined to your group of people only - then you would be able to apply for minority group status that gives you far more rights, just as the travellers do.

In no terms could one ever class me as a hero. I despise pretence and lying - what is the purpose of that?

I do not lie about ordinary matters - there is no point to lying. Though I will admit to stating some completely ridiculous comments that are so obvious that only a fool would believe them. This is not such an occasion.

Now - go back to bed and get up on the right side. It is a glorious day again so lighten up and enjoy it, you miserable sob!

Likes / Dislikes
    I had no reason to suspect anything of the guy. Therefore, no reason to stop him. He has already told me where he lived anyway.

You have your own language, culture and religion confined to your group of people only - then you would be able to apply for minority group status that gives you far more rights, just as the travellers do.

In no terms could one ever class me as a hero. I despise pretence and lying - what is the purpose of that?

I do not lie about ordinary matters - there is no point to lying. Though I will admit to stating some completely ridiculous comments that are so obvious that only a fool would believe them. This is not such an occasion.

Now - go back to bed and get up on the right side. It is a glorious day again so lighten up and enjoy it, you miserable sob!
    Fair enough.

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Also website at southportnews.co.uk

Southport Music & Piano Academy

Qlocal Supports Woodlands Animal Sanctuary

Woodlands Animal Sanctuary Charity

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in southport
Replacement Stove Glass in southport
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News

165 Lord Street, Opposite the Prince of Wales, Southport, PR8 1PF
In superlative classic surroundings, enjoy your tea and food in a building which you would be forgiven to think was in the heart of London! Actually we are opposite the Prince of Wales in Southport
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 540066
486 Liverpool Road, Birkdale, Southport, PR8 3BD
We manufacture all types of Memorials and Cremation Tablets in marble, granite and stone. Existing monuments renovated & restored. Additional Inscriptions available on request
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 578854

15 Hampton Road, Southport, PR8 6SX
Your local hire centre. Extensive range of tools and equipment. Suppliers to the trade and DIY
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 538595
25-27 Forest Road, Southport, PR8 6JD
Come to visit Wallpaper John@ Forest Road Wallcoverings today for Southport's finest range of wallcoverings with over 1000 designs always in store.
WEBSITE

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)