southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst 1
    Likes / Dislikes
    [QUOTE=silver fox;6597714]Good grief NO, I will never vote Tory, whatever makes you think that?[/QUOTE

There are other options old bean.

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    [QUOTE=Hamble;6597718]
    Quote Originally Posted by silver fox View Post
    Good grief NO, I will never vote Tory, whatever makes you think that?[/QUOTE

There are other options apart from Labour old bean.

Your facts are wrong too.
    I have back dated inline with your claims still the same after 3 years.

"The Institute of Economic Affairs calculated that the wealthiest 30,000 income tax payers contribute about £18.8 billion in income tax - equivalent to the entire budget of the Home Office and the Ministry of Justice combined.

For the richest 0.01 per cent, they earn 1.9 per cent of total income but pay 4.2 per cent of total income tax.

Ryan Bourne, head of public policy at the Institute for Economic Affairs, said: “These figures make a mockery of the idea of a ‘zero-zero’ economy – where high earners don’t pay their way. In fact, they show just how dependent we are on a small number of high-earning taxpayers for a large chunk of revenue.”

Steve Baker, a Conservative member of the Treasury Select Committee, said: “It’s an absolute nonsense [for Ed Miliband] to suggest the 0.1 per cent don’t pay any tax, because they evidently do.”

A Treasury source said: “The rich pay more under this Government than under Labour. The people who pay zero tax are the millions of low earners who have been taken out of paying income tax altogether due to George Osborne increasing the tax free personal allowance.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...9-million.html

Likes / Dislikes
    [QUOTE=Hamble;6597763]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamble View Post

Your facts are wrong too.
    I have back dated inline with your claims still the same after 3 years.

"The Institute of Economic Affairs calculated that the wealthiest 30,000 income tax payers contribute about £18.8 billion in income tax - equivalent to the entire budget of the Home Office and the Ministry of Justice combined.

For the richest 0.01 per cent, they earn 1.9 per cent of total income but pay 4.2 per cent of total income tax.

Ryan Bourne, head of public policy at the Institute for Economic Affairs, said: “These figures make a mockery of the idea of a ‘zero-zero’ economy – where high earners don’t pay their way. In fact, they show just how dependent we are on a small number of high-earning taxpayers for a large chunk of revenue.”

Steve Baker, a Conservative member of the Treasury Select Committee, said: “It’s
    an absolute nonsense [for Ed Miliband] to suggest the 0.1 per cent don’t pay any
    tax, because they evidently do.”

A Treasury source said: “The rich pay more under this Government than under Labour. The people who pay zero tax are the millions of low earners who have been taken out of paying income tax altogether due to George Osborne increasing the tax free personal allowance.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...9-million.html
    Wow stop the press, new headlines, the tiny % of those who command most of the wealth pay a higher% of tax than the majority, my heart bleeds, I get sick of the constant drivel that the extremely wealthy and high earners are the ones who innovate and drive industry etc, in many or even most cases are investors in other's ideas and application, granted that investment is welcome, but of course that investment is made in expectation of a profit, not in some form of investment purely in research and development.

I don't have a problem with investors showing a profit but like it or not those who rake in are going to pay most of the tax, I notice that while many are keen to moan, very few if any decide to reduce their income in order to reduce their tax.

The reality is that too many want the income but don't want to pay their dues.

Likes / Dislikes
    [QUOTE=silver fox;6597808]

Wow stop the press, new headlines, the tiny % of those who command most of the wealth pay a higher% of tax than the majority, my heart bleeds, I get sick of the constant drivel that the extremely wealthy and high earners are the ones who innovate and drive industry etc, in many or even most cases are investors in other's ideas and application, granted that investment is welcome, but of course that investment is made in expectation of a profit, not in some form of investment purely in research and development.

I don't have a problem with investors showing a profit but like it or not those who rake in are going to pay most of the tax, I notice that while many are keen to moan, very few if any decide to reduce their income in order to reduce their tax.

The reality is that too many want the income but don't want to pay their dues.

Labour want the top tax payers to 'pay their dues' and some more.

Back to your complaint and my reply which clearly illustrates that despite paying no or little tax Brits still receive the same amount of services therefore your claim The Tory Party does look after the have nots is not true.

Quote (from my link)

"The highest paid 3,000 people in the UK pay more income tax than the bottom nine million, according to official Government statistics.

The figures show that the very highest earners - amounting to just under 3,000 people with a declared income above £2.7 million - will contribute 4.2 per cent of the total Government revenue from income tax in the current financial year.

By contrast, Britain’s nine million poorest paid workers contribute less than four per cent of the total income tax receipt.

In all, 29.9 million people pay income tax in the UK. According to the new figures released by HM revenue & Customs (HMRC), almost one-third of income tax payers contribute less to the Exchequer than the top 3,000 earners - equivalent to 0.01 per cent of the total.

Likes / Dislikes
    [QUOTE=Hamble;6597815]
    Quote Originally Posted by silver fox View Post

Labour want the top tax payers to 'pay their dues' and some more.

Back to your complaint and my reply which clearly illustrates that despite paying no or little tax Brits still receive the same amount of services therefore your claim The Tory Party does look after the have nots is not true.

Quote (from my link)

"The highest paid 3,000 people in the UK pay more income tax than the bottom nine million, according to official Government statistics.

The figures show that the very highest earners - amounting to just under 3,000 people with a declared income above £2.7 million - will contribute 4.2 per cent of the total Government revenue from income tax in the current financial year.

By contrast, Britain’s nine million poorest paid workers contribute less than four per cent of the total income tax receipt.

In all, 29.9 million people pay income tax in the UK. According to the new figures released by HM revenue & Customs (HMRC), almost one-third of income tax payers contribute less to the Exchequer than the top 3,000 earners - equivalent to 0.01 per cent of the total.
    What do you want to happen on tax? those without or very low income can't pay tax, they don't have the money to live let alone pay tax, I was never in the higher reaches of the income/tax bracket, but I did pay the next level up on some of my earnings, it was a fact of life, I earned the income, I paid my increased tax and NI, no-one loves paying tax, but it never entered my head to moan that lower earners were not paying at the same rate as me, I would not think of earning less in order to reduce my own personal tax burden, so those earning mega bucks pay mega tax, remember everyone has similar tax bands higher tax is only levied on the higher income not on total income, I don't see the problem, apart from greed.

Hamble, don't know what you're doing with the quote facility, but some of your posts appear to headed by me???????

Likes / Dislikes
    [QUOTE=silver fox;6597830]

What do you want to happen on tax? those without or very low income can't pay tax, they don't have the money to live let alone pay tax, I was never in the higher reaches of the income/tax bracket, but I did pay the next level up on some of my earnings, it was a fact of life, I earned the income, I paid my increased tax and NI, no-one loves paying tax, but it never entered my head to moan that lower earners were not paying at the same rate as me, I would not think of earning less in order to reduce my own personal tax burden, so those earning mega bucks pay mega tax, remember everyone has similar tax bands higher tax is only levied on the higher income not on total income, I don't see the problem, apart from greed.

Hamble, don't know what you're doing with the quote facility, but some of your posts appear to headed by me???????

I have no moans about the people who do not pay tax.
    The rules are fair and consistent and non discriminatory.

I think taxation in the higher brackets should have a cap whatever the high earner earns over and above a fair limit.

This is in my opinion is fair to both extremes of income.
    One should not be 'punished' for earning too little or too much.

The point is all people under the Tories receive the same services
    whatever their income.
    Services extra to the above are rationed.

Rationing affects the have nots solely because they are the ones on the receiving end of the most need not discrimination by the Tories.

Rationing is a result of over demand on services.

Yes, they have got a bit muddled.
    Never mind we shall not come to blows!

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Also website at southportnews.co.uk

Southport Music & Piano Academy

Qlocal Supports Woodlands Animal Sanctuary

Woodlands Animal Sanctuary Charity

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in southport
Replacement Stove Glass in southport
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News

Heritage Houset, 9b Hoghton St, Southport, PR9 0TE
All your business insurance needs under one roof! Car, motor, home, taxi, fleets, shops, offices Best cover found at lowest prices! Free quotations provided.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 631913
25-27 Forest Road, Southport, PR8 6JD
Come to visit Wallpaper John@ Forest Road Wallcoverings today for Southport's finest range of wallcoverings with over 1000 designs always in store.
WEBSITE

106 - 114 Shakespeare Street, Southport, PR8 5AJ
Big brands, big deals, 250 machines displayed, tractors, chainsaws, shredders, cultivators, aerators, vacs, trimmers, robot mowers, authorised warranty, most makes, est. 66 years
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 535369
127 Wennington Road, SOUTHPORT, PR9 7AH
Our team of Veterinary Surgeons, trainee and qualified Veterinary Nurses and Receptionists aim to provide the highest possible standard of a personal, caring and friendly service.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 214460

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)