southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst ...
    Likes / Dislikes
    Most if not all 'Turkish' barbers in Southport are not actually from Turkey - they are from Kurdistan

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by said View Post
    [

Unless of course you presume that thousands of Turkish males have attended a three year hair styling course in struggling Turkey, before they came to the UK, and together as one, decided that they could provide better hairstyles than experienced British barbers who need to earn a living in their own country. From the information I have been given, I believe the Turkish Barbers only need to have the prerequisites of car valeting or picker packing and the experience of practising the hair cut on one another.

"Text whose content is difficult to understand and would need a translation" No. Overseas people commonly come from a country with a foreign language which they use to communicate with each other - this needs to be translated into English.

"You've included a photo of what looks like Kim Jong-un" It is indeed Kim Jong 'un sporting that same hairstyle. It is a style that used to be given to many young boys during the last war, when families could not afford to pay for a hair cut. It is the most simple of haircuts known as the Pudding Bowl cut, where a mother would place a pudding bowl over her son's head and cut round the hair. Today's cuts are almost the same but with a longer quiff added on the top, several with bleached hair - much favoured by the LGBT group.
    [
    No. Overseas people commonly come from a country with a foreign language which they use to communicate with each other - this needs to be translated into English.
    Thanks for that gem.

For a moment, I thought you were quoting from that list to which I provided a link, on post #33 of this thread.

It's easy to see why you were such a success in your work as a pastoral counsellor in schools.

I'm unsure to whom you were saying "No." before delivering your said elaboration above...

As for Turkish haircuts - I include a similar photo for you to see. Many of the picker packers are disillusioned with the work that they do ( shown on various blogs on the internet, which have to be translated) I will just mention that last week there were three eastern picker packers, with very short haircuts - who purchased a pair of scissors and some clippers from Boots the chemist.
    ...but maybe you've started to talk to yourself, started to correct yourself - a behaviour for which I commend you. Your "stamina" can be put to good use .

You've helped define your chatter about the "gay hairstyle" by explaining that this is the "only cut" that Turkish barbers will do - further elaborating that "the modern male haircut sported now by young men is the same style as that worn by many women." The only photo you have provided is of Kim Jong-un! And now you are adding that the said "gay hairstyle" is a development of what was given to "many young boys during the last war."

Holy Incredible Batman! This is sounding as convoluted an origin story as what must be the one regarding the nineteen year old girl taking over the role of Superman.

I will just mention that last week there were three eastern picker packers, with very short haircuts - who purchased a pair of scissors and some clippers from Boots the chemist.
    I don't recall reading that story.

"...eastern picker packers..." They were from Ipswich?

"...three eastern picker packers..." Three mysterious visitors from the East loading up with presents? Was this in late December?

[
    From the information I have been given, I believe the Turkish Barbers only need to have the prerequisites of car valeting or picker packing and the experience of practising the hair cut on one another.
    It's difficult to conceive of a training provider who would concur with your belief, by declaring that prerequisites of being a Turkish Barber include car valeting and picker packing.

Likes / Dislikes
    I guess we should be grateful that the Turkish Baths in Southport closed in the 70s.

I heard that it was frequented by mysterious men speaking exotic languages. You had to keep your wits about you in the cooling room. If you got too relaxed and dozed off, you might wake up with a gay hairstyle. On the plus side, you never had hairy ears.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by seivad View Post
    I guess we should be grateful that the Turkish Baths in Southport closed in the 70s.

I heard that it was frequented by mysterious men speaking exotic languages. You had to keep your wits about you in the cooling room. If you got too relaxed and dozed off, you might wake up with a gay hairstyle. On the plus side, you never had hairy ears.
    Ha ha - my previous employer had a chief exec who wasn't very worldly wise and made enquiries about a staff scheme at the local health club - http://chariots.co.uk/vauxhall. Maybe he just thought that us impoverished charity workers needed the free "lube and condoms".

Likes / Dislikes
    I will just mention that last week there were three eastern picker packers, with very short haircuts - who purchased a pair of scissors and some clippers from Boots the chemist.
    The one on Foregate Street?

Likes / Dislikes
    Do female football commentators have Turkish haircuts???
    Just be yourself, no one else is better qualified!!

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by salus.populi View Post
    Now you know how we feel reading your attempts at journalism.

Though I do wonder what can be done with breaking news stories such as "Soil tipped out of plant pots again."

Likes / Dislikes
    If there's doubts about the standard of journalism on this site, then the seeds of the solution reside within this thread, and many, many others.

The addition needed to the news team would need to live in the area, and have time on their hands.

It would need to be someone with an absolutely prolific post rate, who it seems is available all day long, with no commitments, who could switch from the forum to the news desk.

There they would pep up the reportage, as they do not let the facts of a matter restrict their controversial opinions.

I nominate an apprenticeship for "said" .

Likes / Dislikes
    I do think said would make an ace news team apprentice (so long as his rota did not impinge on the schedule of his morning milk round job). I'm certain a flexible working arrangement could be agreed .

From viewing his profile I see:-

About said
    Home Page Town: Southport

Total Posts
    Total Posts 1,148
    Posts Per Day 8.63

General Information

So, a local resident who is also a prolific poster. Tick and tick. Confirmed.

I am confused as to why the 20th of February 2018 is given as the start date for said. A poster called said was posting long before that date. Until that account was, without given reason, downgraded to a guest account.

For example, there are a couple of posts by said on grassroots's "Christmas GTG" thread from mid to late December (probably around the same time those three mysterious warehouse workers from Ipswich were visiting and stocking up on presents in the Foregate Street branch of Boots.)

Comments made by said (Guest account status) on that open invite "Christmas GTG" thread include the following excuses:

Actually, I had been considering carrying some minor offence that will lead to imprisonment over the period, hopefully in isolation.
    Not my type of venue. The reviews found on the internet are a bit dubious.
    Was this a different said?

Likes / Dislikes
    Born and bred in Southport and have spent most of my life there. The fact that I inherited a property in Cheshire, and that is my registered address has no bearing on the fact that I spend most of my time in Southport.

Likes / Dislikes
    I have six brothers...
    Quote Originally Posted by Toodles McGinty View Post
    Do they whistle while they work?
    I guess if you asked them nicely, they might oblige - if you don't mind being crowded in by six guys over six feet tall and built like the side of a British sh..house, known sociopaths with anger issues!

Quote Originally Posted by grassroots View Post
    May I ask if you have served in our armed forces.
    Not me, I am a complete disestblishmentarialist - but my brothers completed 17 years each.

Born and bred in Southport and have spent most of my life there. The fact that I inherited a property in Cheshire, and that is my registered address has no bearing on the fact that I spend most of my time in Southport.
    And more confusing is how you managed to console your 6 known sociopathic brothers with anger issues, who gave a combined 102 years of service to the British army (with ex armed forces personnel / veterans often being subject to a very high incidence of PTSD and homelessness), and how you managed to console your sister, given none of these 7 siblings of yours presumably had the good fortune, as you did, to inherit a property.

I rest my case!
    Is that so?

FirstFirst ...
Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Also website at southportnews.co.uk

Southport Music & Piano Academy

Qlocal Supports Woodlands Animal Sanctuary

Woodlands Animal Sanctuary Charity

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in southport
Replacement Stove Glass in southport
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News

Unit 24 AK Business Park, Russell Road, Southport, PR9 7SA
Rimmers Windows, a family run business, has gone from strength to strength since opening in 1991 and has developed a reputation second to none for top quality windows and doors, available at very competitive rates.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 505511
30 Virginia Street, Southport, PR8 6RU
Established 17 years ago. MOT\'s, servicing, repairs. Free collection and delivery service.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 543808

127 Wennington Road, SOUTHPORT, PR9 7AH
Our team of Veterinary Surgeons, trainee and qualified Veterinary Nurses and Receptionists aim to provide the highest possible standard of a personal, caring and friendly service.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 214460
25-27 Forest Road, Southport, PR8 6JD
Come to visit Wallpaper John@ Forest Road Wallcoverings today for Southport's finest range of wallcoverings with over 1000 designs always in store.
WEBSITE

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)