southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 868
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    www.theantiquesman.com
    Posts
    27,384

    FOOTBALL, BANTER as we like it. and THE GAP

    1 Arsenal 1 1 3


    20 Leicester 1 -1 0

    What a start to the season Arsenal 4 Leicester 3

    The experts all 20 of them according to the News Papers put Man C, Chelsea in the top 2
    Man U and Arsenal in the top 4
    with only a couple of theses so called experts including Spurs and only one including Liverpool and none including Everton in the top 4.

    I think we all agree the above teams will be in the top 7

    Will it be a shock season.... will the likes of a Leicester or even a Liverpool sneak into the top 4

    It would be nice to think that the two Merseyside teams and the two Manchester clubs take up the top 4 spots.

    THAT IS MY PREDICTION...........................

    1 - 2 - 3 o'clock LET THE BANTER BEGIN

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by theantiquesman View Post
    1 Arsenal 1 1 3


    20 Leicester 1 -1 0

    What a start to the season Arsenal 4 Leicester 3

    The experts all 20 of them according to the News Papers put Man C, Chelsea in the top 2
    Man U and Arsenal in the top 4
    with only a couple of theses so called experts including Spurs and only one including Liverpool and none including Everton in the top 4.

    I think we all agree the above teams will be in the top 7

    Will it be a shock season.... will the likes of a Leicester or even a Liverpool sneak into the top 4

    It would be nice to think that the two Merseyside teams and the two Manchester clubs take up the top 4 spots.

    THAT IS MY PREDICTION...........................

    1 - 2 - 3 o'clock LET THE BANTER BEGIN
    Lets have an enjoyable season on the thread. Plenty of banter , constructive criticism, fun , laughs , one liners , and most of all Liverpool to be above the bluenoses come next May . Bring it on . It's watford 2 the mighty reds 3
    REST IN PEACE THE 96.
    Y.N.W.A.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    www.theantiquesman.com
    Posts
    27,384
    Quote Originally Posted by grassroots View Post
    ......It's watford 2 the mighty reds 3
    WRONG

    You are right it is the first one liner of the season the first one liner of the season

    By the way ...........half time Everton are top of the league with the LIKES of of Watford and Huddesfield

    BRING ON THE BANTER

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by theantiquesman View Post
    WRONG

    You are right it is the first one liner of the season the first one liner of the season

    By the way ...........half time Everton are top of the league with the LIKES of of Watford and Huddesfield

    BRING ON THE BANTER
    It's the scores after 90 minutes that count. not at HT..
    REST IN PEACE THE 96.
    Y.N.W.A.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    www.theantiquesman.com
    Posts
    27,384
    one liner
    It's the score after 90 minutes that counts
    love it

    THE GAP GOES BLUE


    1 Huddersfield 1 1 0 0 3 0 3 3
    2 Arsenal 1 1 0 0 4 3 1 3
    3 Burnley 1 1 0 0 3 2 1 3
    4 Everton 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 3

    the gap is blue

    5 West Brom 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 3

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by theantiquesman View Post
    love it

    THE GAP GOES BLUE


    1 Huddersfield 1 1 0 0 3 0 3 3
    2 Arsenal 1 1 0 0 4 3 1 3
    3 Burnley 1 1 0 0 3 2 1 3
    4 Everton 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 3

    the gap is blue

    5 West Brom 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 3
    You'll be feeling Bluer after six games. . And I may be seeing RED mad:
    REST IN PEACE THE 96.
    Y.N.W.A.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by grassroots View Post
    You'll be feeling Bluer after six games. . And I may be seeing RED mad:
    Next 4 league games for Everton are
    City away
    Chelsea away
    Spurs home
    United away

    So 3 points today was vital because they may be hard to come by in the next few weeks

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Steed View Post
    Next 4 league games for Everton are
    City away
    Chelsea away
    Spurs home
    United away

    So 3 points today was vital because they may be hard to come by in the next few weeks
    Yep difficult start for Everton .
    REST IN PEACE THE 96.
    Y.N.W.A.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    15,155
    Another 3 soft goals conceded by a Liverpool defence that still needs a shake up. Very disappointing!
    Just be yourself, no one else is better qualified!!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick2 View Post
    Another 3 soft goals conceded by a Liverpool defence that still needs a shake up. Very disappointing!
    Hi Nick, happy new season, seems you've been saying the same for 2 or 3 seasons now, even when you almost won the league, you leaked goals for fun but managed to score plenty at the other end.
    I know you tried to get VVD (and may still get him) but I think the problems start with the keeper, I was surprised that you didn't go for Hart or Pickford.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Steed View Post
    Hi Nick, happy new season, seems you've been saying the same for 2 or 3 seasons now, even when you almost won the league, you leaked goals for fun but managed to score plenty at the other end.
    I know you tried to get VVD (and may still get him) but I think the problems start with the keeper, I was surprised that you didn't go for Hart or Pickford.
    I don't think they set up good enough for set pieces, to concede from a corner is not acceptable , and that is the keepers fault he should be dictating what angles he want covering , and we let players get a run on our defense from deep . And I not a lover of zonal marking , mark the bloody players and don't let them make runs into the box . And organise !!
    REST IN PEACE THE 96.
    Y.N.W.A.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    www.theantiquesman.com
    Posts
    27,384
    United and City did well for the Manchester clubs and Everton did ok for the blue side of Merseyside, Shame Liverpool let Merseyside down.

    You know what they say.... there is always next season

    No bragging from Quinny or the Romelu Lukaku brigade.

    Romelu Lukaku and Wayne Rooney both as usual top stories on the back pages......... as usual

  13. #13
    Liverpool are likely to be unchanged for tomorrow's CL play-off first leg match after LFC have announced that want-away Philippe Coutinho has been left out of the squad.

    The probable lineup is.

    .
     

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Steed View Post
    Liverpool are likely to be unchanged for tomorrow's CL play-off first leg match after LFC have announced that want-away Philippe Coutinho has been left out of the squad.

    The probable lineup is.

    .
    That's not a bad back four .
    REST IN PEACE THE 96.
    Y.N.W.A.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by grassroots View Post
    That's not a bad back four .
    I thought that they did well against Watford on Saturday 😂

Custom Search

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register



Supporting Local Business
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

The Best Of Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal



Jobs from Indeed



UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News


Supporting Local Business
Southport, PR9
Quality property development in Southport and surrounding area. Many new developments
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 501717
Supporting Local Business
Unit 1, George Business Park, Cemetery Road, Birkdale, PR8 5EF
Double Glazing, UPVC Windows, Conservatory, Doors, Porch, Windows, Hard Wood, Plastic, Roofline, Solar Panels, Renewable Energy
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 533888

Supporting Local Business
58-62 Lord Street, Southport, Merseyside, PR8 1QB
Surprisingly affordable casual dining in a contemporary, relaxed atmosphere
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 544 255
Supporting Local Business
2 Cambride Arcade, Southport, PR8 1AS
Established in Cambridge Walks for 9 years, John Antony specialises in different quality designer footwear and bags.
WEBSITE     TEL: 549729


Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
How We Use Cookies