southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
    Likes / Dislikes

Domestic and General.

I have a policy for all my white goods with the above company , last Sat I rang hotpoint to report that the washing machine wasn't working , four visits later of technicians coming to the home to fix the machine it's still not working consequently another technician is coming tommorow hopefully to sort it .
    Has anyone had the same problem from the above companies . And if so how was it resolved .
    REST IN PEACE THE 96.
    Y.N.W.A.

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Thread title fixed... "&" changed to "and"

Likes / Dislikes
    You should have gone to The Domestic Appliance shop on the corner of Wesley Street, the domestic engineer there is exceptionally good!
    I may be old but I ain't stupid..!!!
    http://www.sdlbl.btck.co.uk
    Clipart

Likes / Dislikes
    Yes he is Ped, he has fixed my Miele washing machine within the last few months.
    I thought I had forgotton how to make lumpy gravy.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoja View Post
    You should have gone to The Domestic Appliance shop on the corner of Wesley Street, the domestic engineer there is exceptionally good!
    Yes Ped I've heard , the machine still hasn't been fixed after FOUR VISITS FROM A HOTPOINT ENGINEER .
    IN 1969 a man landed on the moon , these cowboys can't fix a washing machine .
    REST IN PEACE THE 96.
    Y.N.W.A.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by grassroots View Post
    Yes Ped I've heard , the machine still hasn't been fixed after FOUR VISITS FROM A HOTPOINT ENGINEER .
    So the problem is with Hotpoint rather than D&G

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by salus.populi View Post
    So the problem is with Hotpoint rather than D&G
    Salus, D&G sold me a policy for my W/M, Dishwasher, and freezer , Hotpoint are responsible for the repairs . It's been going on since last Sat , and the washing machine still isn't fixed .
    REST IN PEACE THE 96.
    Y.N.W.A.

Likes / Dislikes
    I have a policy for all my white goods with the above company , last Sat I rang hotpoint to report that the washing machine wasn't working , four visits later of technicians coming to the home to fix the machine it's still not working consequently another technician is coming tommorow hopefully to sort it .
    Has anyone had the same problem from the above companies . And if so how was it resolved .
    I have three policys with D&G.. have been with them for years,
    On my policys it says the item will be replaced if its not repairable,
    Basicaly,if its still not fixed after 3 callouts then they can write it off and youl get offered a replacement of the same or similar make/spec.
    Thats what they did with me but i didnt want any direct replacements they offered me as i wanted a stainless steel machine from a different make that they didnt stock.
    After much debate they agreed to send me a cheque instead, the amount was the price of the same make and spec i had if Id of agreed to a direct replacement.
    They also canceled my policy as they wernt able to give me a replacement
    Last edited by Qwackerz; 28/06/2018 at 06:12 AM.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwackerz View Post
    Basicaly,if its still not fixed after 3 callouts then they can write it off and youl get offered a replacement of the same or similar make/spec.
    Thats what they did with me but i didnt want any direct replacements they offered me as i wanted a stainless steel machine from a different make that they didnt stock.
    After much debate they agreed to send me a cheque instead, the amount was the price of the same make and spec i had if Id of agreed to a direct replacement.
    Yes Qwackerz , I know that under thier T&Cs they have to replace with a new machine . But I only took the policy out last Saturday so maybe that is a factor , but I can't see any thing in the TCs .
    REST IN PEACE THE 96.
    Y.N.W.A.

Likes / Dislikes
    The issue may be that they are different people, or if not, they are a bit busy with Mars Explorer.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwackerz View Post

Like you I have policies with them, I don't take the retailers cover (probably with D&G anyway) I ring D&G and add any new appliances. I have NEVER had a problem with them replacements have been speedy if fault can't be fixed.

If you are dealing with the manufacturer ie Hotpoint you can't blame D&G if Hotpoint are doing nothing.

Surely the thread title should be Hotpoint NOT D&G, Hotpoint are proving their aftercare is crap.

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Also website at southportnews.co.uk

Southport Music & Piano Academy

Qlocal Supports Woodlands Animal Sanctuary

Woodlands Animal Sanctuary Charity

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in southport
Replacement Stove Glass in southport
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News

4-8 Liverpool Avenue, Ainsdale, Southport, PR8 3NH
We have a superb range of over-mantle mirrors to complement any room setting, with over 300 in stock to view.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 578788
178 Bispham Road, Southport, PR9 7DF
Although mainly catering for the family cyclist, our business encompasses all aspects of cycling.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 228805

Unit 24 AK Business Park, Russell Road, Southport, PR9 7SA
Rimmers Windows, a family run business, has gone from strength to strength since opening in 1991 and has developed a reputation second to none for top quality windows and doors, available at very competitive rates.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 505511
127 Wennington Road, SOUTHPORT, PR9 7AH
Our team of Veterinary Surgeons, trainee and qualified Veterinary Nurses and Receptionists aim to provide the highest possible standard of a personal, caring and friendly service.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 214460

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)