southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
1 LastLast
    Likes / Dislikes

Can you see or is it just me.

With all these ALLEGATIONS of misbehaving in the press.
    Come January, no win no fee adverts ,
    Did someone touch your butt at the Christmas party, we will
    sue company on your behalf.

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by ausard2 View Post
    With all these ALLEGATIONS of misbehaving in the press.
    Come January, no win no fee adverts ,
    Did someone touch your butt at the Christmas party, we will
    sue company on your behalf.
    It all down to the P.C. Brigade , and the legal profession don't help . I'm all for mutual respect and decency but it's now becoming a joke .
    The next thing will be , if a man even looks at a woman the legal beagles will be on his case .
    REST IN PEACE THE 96.
    Y.N.W.A.

Likes / Dislikes
    It has all gone a little crazy, I feel sorry for the genuine cases, Not only have they been through an ordeal but now it's getting watered down by just about any advance by a guy towards a woman. How the hell are these people going to meet someone in the future. It's got rather pathetic.

Likes / Dislikes
    So if you go out and get yourself absolutely bladdered wake up next morning with the mother of all hangovers you can ring a dodgy Law Firm and tell them you think that someone groped you and they will get you ££££££££££££££££'s for YOU and THEM and ruin some poor innocents life.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Londoner View Post
    So if you go out and get yourself absolutely bladdered wake up next morning with the mother of all hangovers you can ring a dodgy Law Firm and tell them you think that someone groped you and they will get you ££££££££££££££££'s for YOU and THEM and ruin some poor innocents life.
    AND there are some " Dodgy Law Firms" on the high street and on the net .
    REST IN PEACE THE 96.
    Y.N.W.A.

Likes / Dislikes
    This reminds me of all of those threads years ago, you know, those that declared how Jimmy Savile was such a nice guy, that he spent all his time doing charity work, and how 'here's another one jumping on the bandwagon / seeing dollar signs'.

Then Max Clifford - 'Oh this is getting ridiculous now' / 'you can't even look at woman anymore ...'. Then the next suspect from 'Operation Yew Tree' where men had abused women or kids. It was all 'not another one'. Not a horrified 'not another one', just a 'bored of reading about this'.

Now the #MeToo hashtag has brought literally hundreds of thousands of women forward to demand that not only rape and serious abuse has to stop, but the casual abuse that usually ends with some bloke saying 'it's becoming a joke'. Or 'you might get sued if you touch someone's butt at the Christmas party'. Well yes, so perhaps you should keep your creepy f---ing hands to yourself, ********.

Given the age and usual attitude of the men on here, how would you like another bloke fondling your arse at the Christmas party? Say it was your boss, so you can't say much, just shut up and tolerate it. After all, no harm done, eh?

It isn't about money or publicity. It is about ALL women (and men, given the actions of the charming Mr Spacey) being treated with respect. Most of the women that have spoken out have been bullied into silence by men with power. Have been treated as somehow lesser for just being a woman. If you can't see that has got to stop, regardless of whether you are a celebrity or work in a shop, then you are very much part of the problem.

Likes / Dislikes
    That was very well said by Toodles. There are people (presumably men) on here, saying "PC gone made" and really meaning I want the right to fondle a woman's arse, regardless of whether she wants it.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Toodles McGinty View Post
    This reminds me of all of those threads years ago, you know, those that declared how Jimmy Savile was such a nice guy, that he spent all his time doing charity work, and how 'here's another one jumping on the bandwagon / seeing dollar signs'.

Then Max Clifford - 'Oh this is getting ridiculous now' / 'you can't even look at woman anymore ...'. Then the next suspect from 'Operation Yew Tree' where men had abused women or kids. It was all 'not another one'. Not a horrified 'not another one', just a 'bored of reading about this'.

Now the #MeToo hashtag has brought literally hundreds of thousands of women forward to demand that not only rape and serious abuse has to stop, but the casual abuse that usually ends with some bloke saying 'it's becoming a joke'. Or 'you might get sued if you touch someone's butt at the Christmas party'. Well yes, so perhaps you should keep your creepy f---ing hands to yourself, ********.

Given the age and usual attitude of the men on here, how would you like another bloke fondling your arse at the Christmas party? Say it was your boss, so you can't say much, just shut up and tolerate it. After all, no harm done, eh?

It isn't about money or publicity. It is about ALL women (and men, given the actions of the charming Mr Spacey) being treated with respect. Most of the women that have spoken out have been bullied into silence by men with power. Have been treated as somehow lesser for just being a woman. If you can't see that has got to stop, regardless of whether you are a celebrity or work in a shop, then you are very much part of the problem.
    I disagree with the 'well said by Toodles' sentiment and herein lies part of the problem - instead of a measured debate on the subject you treat those who hold a different view to a hysterical and foul mouthed rant.
    It's a shame really because I find much of what you say to be pertinent - particularly the power issue.
    Surely you can accept there will always be an element of society which will see any perceived tort as a means to make a quick buck. Running alongside this will be the cabal of fantasists who jump on any bandwagon to feel a part of something - anything. If you think not then I would suggest you are very naive.
    The nasty part of all this is that those accused and ultimately found innocent are tarnished beyond recovering their reputation and - let's not beat about the bush here - the majority of those wronged will be men. Similarly - the majority of those genuinely abused will be women.
    Are we to say that the ruining of innocent men's lives is an acceptable price to pay to highlight an issue that may or may not be grossly exagerated. An argument which, incidentally, is proferred when the subject of rape suspect's anonimity is discussed.
    Rape and indecent assault are heinious crimes that deserve the full force of the criminal justice system but - a bit of unwelcomed flirting and a pat on the backside - really - are you seriously suggesting they are equivelant to sexual assault?
    You might not like it but people are genuinely concerned about where is the line drawn - can you say definitively where it is?
    Take this as an example - a man and women get absolutely plastered and end up having sex. Both are equally dis-inhibited but - in the morning the woman decides she didn't want to have sex with him. The woman makes a complaint of rape the man denies this - she enjoys anonimity - his name is plastered all over the media. The man is compelled to adduce evidence of consent - both were plastered, neither can accurately recall what happened. At best the man escapes with his reputation in tatters - at worst he's in gaol and signing the sex offenders register for life, saddled with a conviction which will never be 'spent'. Please take the time and explain to me how this is in any way remotely equitable.
    The sooner this issue is discussed and dealt with on a humanist rather than femenist basis the better. Respect full stop - not just because of your gender - a good starting point would be banning the plethora of TV adverts where men are made to look like domestic incompetents.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Albion102 View Post
    That was very well said by Toodles. There are people (presumably men) on here, saying "PC gone made" and really meaning I want the right to fondle a woman's arse, regardless of whether she wants it.
    cant agree with your generalization , I like most men enjoy the female form but wouldn't dream of touching a woman indecently . Unless of course the woman encourages me to do so.
    REST IN PEACE THE 96.
    Y.N.W.A.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by gazaprop View Post
    I disagree with the 'well said by Toodles' sentiment and herein lies part of the problem - instead of a measured debate on the subject you treat those who hold a different view to a hysterical and foul mouthed rant...

Rape and indecent assault are heinious crimes that deserve the full force of the criminal justice system but - a bit of unwelcomed flirting and a pat on the backside - really - are you seriously suggesting they are equivelant to sexual assault?
    You might not like it but people are genuinely concerned about where is the line drawn - can you say definitively where it is?
    Not remotely hysterical. Foul mouthed, maybe, but that is exactly how I'd deal with unwanted hands touching any part of me without my permission. So yes, keep your creepy hand effing hands to yourself, dick head. If you don't like that, I can only assume you are exactly such a creep. Any decent chap who respects women would respect that sentiment. Again, how would you react to the unwanted hands of another man flirting and 'patting' you on the backside?

I'll tell you what the line is: don't touch anyone without their permission. Don't force anyone into a situation that makes them uncomfortable. Don't use your perceived power to control another person. It isn't hard to tell if a woman is interested. If you are in the slightest doubt, don't pursue the matter. And please bring your sons up to do the same.

As for 'unwelcomed flirting and a pat on the backside', yes, if you went to court it would literally be sexually assault. Not equivalent to rape or similar violent crimes, but assault nonetheless. What gives you, or anyone else, the right to touch a person in an intimate fashion without their permission?

For goodness sake, this is the whole point of the #MeToo campaign. The general acceptance by men that women can be touched, or be spoken to in a demeaning sexual manner. And if they object? Frigid? Lesbian? No sense of humour? Or worse, out of a job. I hate to use the worn out phrase 'male privilege', but that is what it is. It is taking away power from women, or other men, particularly by those who might have a say in your future.

Calling 'rape' after a drunken night has nothing to do with what is happening now. That is just blatant 'whataboutery', usually used when someone doesn't have a reasoned answer.

So start with zero tolerance. Don't touch women like you don't touch men. Don't give the smarmy nauseating remarks. If someone isn't giving you a clear signal they are interesting, leave them alone. Most men aren't retarded, but some maybe refuse to believe that a woman isn't falling over herself to get to them. If there is the slightest doubt, don't do it. In other words, treat someone with respect.

Start with that and we might have future generations of women and men that have no need for the hashtag 'MeToo'.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by gazaprop View Post
    I disagree with the 'well said by Toodles' sentiment and herein lies part of the problem - instead of a measured debate on the subject you treat those who hold a different view to a hysterical and foul mouthed rant.
    It's a shame really because I find much of what you say to be pertinent - particularly the power issue.
    Surely you can accept there will always be an element of society which will see any perceived tort as a means to make a quick buck. Running alongside this will be the cabal of fantasists who jump on any bandwagon to feel a part of something - anything. If you think not then I would suggest you are very naive.
    The nasty part of all this is that those accused and ultimately found innocent are tarnished beyond recovering their reputation and - let's not beat about the bush here - the majority of those wronged will be men. Similarly - the majority of those genuinely abused will be women.
    Are we to say that the ruining of innocent men's lives is an acceptable price to pay to highlight an issue that may or may not be grossly exagerated. An argument which, incidentally, is proferred when the subject of rape suspect's anonimity is discussed.
    Take this as an example - a man and women get absolutely plastered and end up having sex. Both are equally dis-inhibited but - in the morning the woman decides she didn't want to have sex with him. The woman makes a complaint of rape the man denies this - she enjoys anonimity - his name is plastered all over the media. The man is compelled to adduce evidence of consent - both were plastered, neither can accurately recall what happened. At best the man escapes with his reputation in tatters - at worst he's in gaol and signing the sex offenders register for life, saddled with a conviction which will never be 'spent'. Please take the time and explain to me how this is in any way remotely equitable.
    The sooner this issue is discussed and dealt with on a humanist rather than femenist basis the better. Respect full stop - not just because of your gender - a good starting point would be banning the plethora of TV adverts where men are made to look like domestic incompetents.
    The news today reported on a lad who had sex with a young "lady" and she cried rape, to cut a long story short she bombarded him with texts pleading for more of the same. The prosecution Barrister who was working on her behalf appeared on the news and said this "innocent" man could have gone to prison for 12 years on the word of this imbecilic woman. And everything is so clear cut isn't it Albion.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Londoner View Post
    The news today reported on a lad who had sex with a young "lady" and she cried rape, to cut a long story short she bombarded him with texts pleading for more of the same. The prosecution Barrister who was working on her behalf appeared on the news and said this "innocent" man could have gone to prison for 12 years on the word of this imbecilic woman. And everything is so clear cut isn't it Albion.
    And by bombarding he means there was evidence with held of 500 calls and texts.
    To sum up, there are arseholes in both the male and female gender of our species. Having law firms touting for business is only going to muddy the already very murky water.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by grassroots View Post
    cant agree with your generalization , I like most men enjoy the female form but wouldn't dream of touching a woman indecently . Unless of course the woman encourages me to do so.
    If every chap took this attitude, the world would be a safer and happier place.

said Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Toodles McGinty View Post

If someone punched you, what would be your instinctive reaction? Under natural circumstances, you would punch them back. Aaah! But is that assault nowadays, and if it was self defence, did you use more force than was necessary? Sorry, I am a radical! I go along with natural instincts and answer any necessary questions after. So, I would like to think that women can stand up for themselves, boss or no boss!

Likes / Dislikes
    It doesn't surprise me, but it saddens me that men, as usual, take the defensive approach (Albion Excepted). You have absolutely no idea what it is like to be sexually harassed in the work place, or have any idea how common this has been in the past. You won't accept it, because you have no idea because it has never happened to you. I see the usual victim blaming, and somehow even a pat on the arse is deemed acceptable and not serious. Well, guess what? How would you men feel if your 17 year old daughter came home from work and told you her boss had patted her on the arse? I guess you'd be up in arms over it.

We are in the thousands, more than you will ever know. You've tried to trash us in some kind of argument for men's shitty behaviour towards women. You've used the feeble argument that women are as bad (they aren't). All you've done is proved to be the ignorant misogynist that I know you to be.
    There is a light and it never goes out.

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Also website at southportnews.co.uk

Southport Music & Piano Academy

Qlocal Supports Woodlands Animal Sanctuary

Woodlands Animal Sanctuary Charity

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in southport
Replacement Stove Glass in southport
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News

25-27 Forest Road, Southport, PR8 6JD
Come to visit Wallpaper John@ Forest Road Wallcoverings today for Southport's finest range of wallcoverings with over 1000 designs always in store.
WEBSITE
Heritage Houset, 9b Hoghton St, Southport, PR9 0TE
All your business insurance needs under one roof! Car, motor, home, taxi, fleets, shops, offices Best cover found at lowest prices! Free quotations provided.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 631913

The Willwriting Guild (UK) Ltd, Eldon Court, 39-41 Hoghton Street, Southport, PR90NS
The WWG is a family run business established in 1991 specialising in Wills. Our services also include Lasting Power of Attorney, Trusts, Probate, Equity Release, Funeral Plans & Document Storage.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 546688
Southport & Ainsdale Golf Club, Bradshawa Lane, Southport, PR8 3LG
Following a full time career, Jim has now settled in to a challenging and exciting role as club professional at Southport and Ainsdale Golf Club.
WEBSITE     TEL: 577316

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)