southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
    Likes / Dislikes

Blackpools Free Airshow this weekend.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...times-14916192

All the usual culprits, typhoon to close on Saturday, the Red Arrows Sunday.

Just don't rely on Northern Fail to travel.

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Alikado View Post
    https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...times-14916192

Just don't rely on Northern Fail to travel.
    The alternative?? Packed roads, I bet!

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Alikado View Post
    [url]

So everything I was able to see free of charge from numerous vantage points in Southport with the added expense of travelling to Blackpool.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by salus.populi View Post
    So everything I was able to see free of charge from numerous vantage points in Southport with the added expense of travelling to Blackpool.
    Aviation is one of my passions.I love the rumble and roar of big jet engines and the child-like wonder of planes in the sky. However, with that said I would not ever consider a trip to Blackpool again after visiting just a couple of weeks ago. A labrinth of filthy backstreets riddled with Spice smokers and lager louts and the promenade in need a lick of paint at best!

I will hold fire for the 2019 Fairham Air Tattoo and our little local display next year which I will happily pay to see.

Likes / Dislikes
    Where is the 2019 Fairham Air Tattoo?
    It has been said that when helping people change their behaviour – “the spirit in which help is offered” is the most important aspect, more than the degree of skills and knowledge of the helper!

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisR View Post
    Where is the 2019 Fairham Air Tattoo?
    Great point and well made, Chris. I'm not sure. I think I will do better to go to the Fairford one instead, probably a lot better.

Likes / Dislikes
    Looks like a big show, bigger than ours
    It has been said that when helping people change their behaviour – “the spirit in which help is offered” is the most important aspect, more than the degree of skills and knowledge of the helper!

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisR View Post
    Looks like a big show, bigger than ours
    It is my understanding that is the largest airshow in the world, which at first I struggled to believe as I know America like to put on some big airshows, but alas it is true. I have enrolled onto the ticketing list for next year and I certainly intend on going to see it. It looks fantastic, there are some great videos on Youtube from this years show.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by TownieChap View Post
    Aviation is one of my passions.I love the rumble and roar of big jet engines and the child-like wonder of planes in the sky. However, with that said I would not ever consider a trip to Blackpool again after visiting just a couple of weeks ago. A labrinth of filthy backstreets riddled with Spice smokers and lager louts and the promenade in need a lick of paint at best!

I will hold fire for the 2019 Fairham Air Tattoo and our little local display next year which I will happily pay to see.
    Indeed. You'd have to pay me a significant sum of money to step foot in that cesspit.

Duxford and Cosford also host excellent air shows.
    I'm only happy when it rains....

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by TownieChap View Post
    It is my understanding that is the largest airshow in the world, which at first I struggled to believe as I know America like to put on some big airshows, but alas it is true. I have enrolled onto the ticketing list for next year and I certainly intend on going to see it. It looks fantastic, there are some great videos on Youtube from this years show.
    Start saving now and go for the arrival day and departure days as well.

https://www.airtattoo.com/airshow/pe...iends/packages

The last time I went the Yanks had the new B1B the B52, U2 & The SR71 Blackbird, it cost me a fortune in film and developing.
    National Express used too run day trips down there from Liverpool.

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Also website at southportnews.co.uk

Southport Music & Piano Academy

Qlocal Supports Woodlands Animal Sanctuary

Woodlands Animal Sanctuary Charity

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in southport
Replacement Stove Glass in southport
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News

33 Shakespeare Street, Southport, PR8 5AB
Awnings, canopies and continental security shutters with manual or electric operation, complete our exterior range.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 514333
Heritage Houset, 9b Hoghton St, Southport, PR9 0TE
All your business insurance needs under one roof! Car, motor, home, taxi, fleets, shops, offices Best cover found at lowest prices! Free quotations provided.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 631913

30 Virginia Street, Southport, PR8 6RU
Established 17 years ago. MOT\'s, servicing, repairs. Free collection and delivery service.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 543808
Unit 24 AK Business Park, Russell Road, Southport, PR9 7SA
Rimmers Windows, a family run business, has gone from strength to strength since opening in 1991 and has developed a reputation second to none for top quality windows and doors, available at very competitive rates.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 505511

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)