southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
1 LastLast
    Likes / Dislikes

Bad driving in southport

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Clowns like that rely on the rest of us making allowances for their sloppy driving.....till the day he meets himself coming the other way!
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    I see that sort of behaviour all the time, especially when driving out of my road! They rely on other drivers having more common sense.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants, they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

Image changed due to narcissistic meglomania

Likes / Dislikes

Bad driving

Where do I start??

I hate the ones who edge forward about 5 feet at traffic lights when it's clearly not their turn to go, especially at cross junction lights like the ones at The Crown / Liverpool Rd / Halsall Rd in Birkdale or some of the ones in Ainsdale like at Kenilworth Rd / Liverpool Rd junction.
    If you think you're going to be late, set off half an hour beforehand.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by rolling-thunder View Post
    I see that sort of behaviour all the time, especially when driving out of my road! They rely on other drivers having more common sense.
    It takes the negligence of two people for a two vehicle crash. The only reason why there are not more such accidents, is because many drivers are excellent on the roads and able to avoid all the idiots, and there are a lot of those!

Likes / Dislikes
    Just watching the standard of driving down Windy Harbour rd at School kicking out time makes me want to weep. People so desperate to leave as soon as they can, while people are desperate to get down the road. Drivers bullying their way out of parking spaces, kids riding, walking and running all over the places it is a wonder no one has been hurt at least once a week. People bemoan the Police for taking time to book a motorist who let their passenger out at the lights while they were in stationary traffic yet the Police make no attempt to control the drivers behaviour in a dead end road. As always I arrive 30 minutes plus early so I can park safely which means I get to watch the may hem. As soon as my lad is out of a cast, we will be back to walking like we normally would.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants, they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

Likes / Dislikes
    southports gotta be bad driving capitol.bu have to say reverse parkers are my big hate in those small car park shopping hwere you have to wait for them to faff about parking up.arghhh!

Likes / Dislikes

bad driving

Another hate of mine is the drivers who attempt to turn while everything else is coming towards them and then they end up turning whilst the other set of lights is on with traffic coming from the side. See previous post about cross junctions

Likes / Dislikes
    Perhaps some folks should go back to Driving School?
    Or maybe not.
    I am sick to death of driving school instructors getting pupils to park over the H at the end of my drive.It happens on a daily basis.
    Other half has even gone out banging on the car window telling them to get a new teacher.
    Devil in disguise,

Likes / Dislikes

parking over dropped kerbs

Quote Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
    Perhaps some folks should go back to Driving School?
    Or maybe not.
    I am sick to death of driving school instructors getting pupils to park over the H at the end of my drive.It happens on a daily basis.
    Other half has even gone out banging on the car window telling them to get a new teacher.
    Another set who park over dropped kerbs and their markings are taxi drivers, delivery van drivers and those minibus types who transport people from schools, day centres etc....

Likes / Dislikes
    Parking Attendants were at Farnborough Road School this morning. Drivers still determined to drop their kids off, nipping in to stop over drop kerbs and H bars before pulling out into traffic without checking their way was clear. It took me 15 minutes to get from just before Farnborough road and past the lights.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by rolling-thunder View Post
    Parking Attendants were at Farnborough Road School this morning. Drivers still determined to drop their kids off, nipping in to stop over drop kerbs and H bars before pulling out into traffic without checking their way was clear. It took me 15 minutes to get from just before Farnborough road and past the lights.
    Sounds like pure mayhem....Surely some of those lazy people could cycle to school with their chubby kids on a dry day like this?
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by The PNP View Post
    Sounds like pure mayhem....Surely some of those lazy people could cycle to school with their chubby kids on a dry day like this?
    Oops, looks like someone has left the asylum doors open again.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by justbecause View Post
    I think you mean psychiatric hospital.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by justbecause View Post
    He's right though, no wonder some kids are little chubby munters when they are driven to school instead of walking any kid living within a mile of their school shouldn't be getting there by car.

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Also website at southportnews.co.uk

Southport Music & Piano Academy

Qlocal Supports Woodlands Animal Sanctuary

Woodlands Animal Sanctuary Charity

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in southport
Replacement Stove Glass in southport
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News

127 Wennington Road, SOUTHPORT, PR9 7AH
Our team of Veterinary Surgeons, trainee and qualified Veterinary Nurses and Receptionists aim to provide the highest possible standard of a personal, caring and friendly service.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 214460
Heritage Houset, 9b Hoghton St, Southport, PR9 0TE
All your business insurance needs under one roof! Car, motor, home, taxi, fleets, shops, offices Best cover found at lowest prices! Free quotations provided.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 631913

486 Liverpool Road, Birkdale, Southport, PR8 3BD
We manufacture all types of Memorials and Cremation Tablets in marble, granite and stone. Existing monuments renovated & restored. Additional Inscriptions available on request
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 578854
165 Lord Street, Opposite the Prince of Wales, Southport, PR8 1PF
In superlative classic surroundings, enjoy your tea and food in a building which you would be forgiven to think was in the heart of London! Actually we are opposite the Prince of Wales in Southport
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 540066

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)