southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
    Likes / Dislikes

Are the Gypsies back ?

I saw a white scrap van towing a caravan today going down Scarisbrick New Road. It was heading into town.

So i wonder if this was the one they send out looking for a place to park ahead of the rest of them ? If so i wonder if they will turn up shortly down at the sandworks or on the front ???
    Actus non facit reum nisi mens est rea.

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Never seen " Gypsies"as you quote at sand works and I am a member of rspb, there may be tourists/locals with campers etc that go there and have for as long as i can remember same as anywhere else in UK , and probably why the " gypsies" stay clear they rarely pitch in places locals /tourists camp at, they hate it, and we don't want to be narrow minded and tar everyone with the same brush .

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2STEPS-IN-FRONT View Post
    Never seen " Gypsies"as you quote at sand works and I am a member of rspb, there may be tourists/locals with campers etc that go there and have for as long as i can remember same as anywhere else in UK , and probably why the " gypsies" stay clear they rarely pitch in places locals /tourists camp at, they hate it, and we don't want to be narrow minded and tar everyone with the same brush .
    When i say sand works - i mean the actual sand works - not the RSPB car park ! They break down the gate and get in.

http://southport.qlocal.co.uk/southp...t-50677076.htm

They also often park up on the car park that runs along side the marine lake along Marine Drive.

https://www.*******.co.uk/update-tra...ew-*******-tv/

and they are known to have set up on the Ocean Plaza in the past as well !

https://www.*******.co.uk/travellers...a-southport-2/

There is a very distinct difference between the tourists that park up overnight and the gypsies that set up and leave everything behind including human waste ! And i have never seen a tourist using a scrap van to pull a caravan !

As as for gypsies steering clear of where locals and tourists stay - nonsense ! I get the impression you haven't lived here long if you down know the gypsies regular haunts throughout town - including areas where people often park or the parks where people take their children to play !
    Actus non facit reum nisi mens est rea.

Likes / Dislikes
    Ok Fair point I did think you meant the rspb which is often called sand works , saying that I've not seen any in the actual yard at all possibly many years ago I suppose , still believe they stay away from us " country folk " as were called I've been told it by travellers I came across .
    I do think its important locals / people on holiday /caravan rallies etc don't get tarred with same brush, and that's not racist just the mess they leave is disgusting and unexceptionable,giving a bad name to the tidy ones.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2STEPS-IN-FRONT View Post
    Ok Fair point I did think you meant the rspb which is often called sand works , saying that I've not seen any in the actual yard at all possibly many years ago I suppose , still believe they stay away from us " country folk " as were called I've been told it by travellers I came across .
    I do think its important locals / people on holiday /caravan rallies etc don't get tarred with same brush, and that's not racist just the mess they leave is disgusting and unexceptionable,giving a bad name to the tidy ones.
    I've never come across a traveller, I don't speak Diddicoy so I wouldn't understand her.

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Also website at southportnews.co.uk

Southport Music & Piano Academy

Qlocal Supports Woodlands Animal Sanctuary

Woodlands Animal Sanctuary Charity

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in southport
Replacement Stove Glass in southport
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News

30 Virginia Street, Southport, PR8 6RU
Established 17 years ago. MOT\'s, servicing, repairs. Free collection and delivery service.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 543808
178 Bispham Road, Southport, PR9 7DF
Although mainly catering for the family cyclist, our business encompasses all aspects of cycling.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 228805

15 Hampton Road, Southport, PR8 6SX
Your local hire centre. Extensive range of tools and equipment. Suppliers to the trade and DIY
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 538595
25-27 Forest Road, Southport, PR8 6JD
Come to visit Wallpaper John@ Forest Road Wallcoverings today for Southport's finest range of wallcoverings with over 1000 designs always in store.
WEBSITE

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)