southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst 1
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamble View Post
    I don't buy it.
    Neither do I, Hamble. If you read my post I think I've pointed out many of the errors in Said's "research". I think he suffers from the " Damned foreigners coming over here & buying all our racehorses" syndrome!

In fact Koukash's story mirrors many WW2 refugees I know or knew before they died.
    The route to wealth may vary slightly always includes a tenacity and will to succeed that people dealt the worst misfortunes in life.
    I couldn't agree more, Hamble. I couldn't even begin to estimate the number of people I've known over the 44 years I've lived here who came to Canada with nothing but the clothes on their back. They all had one thing in common, the will to succeed and the work ethic needed to accomplish that. A great number of them were from Eastern European countries, and, of course, many of them were Jewish, some of whom were Holocaust survivors. I take my hat off to them, each and every one.

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by seivad View Post
    Neither do I, Hamble. If you read my post I think I've pointed out many of the errors in Said's "research". I think he suffers from the " Damned foreigners coming over here & buying all our racehorses" syndrome!

I couldn't agree more, Hamble. I couldn't even begin to estimate the number of people I've known over the 44 years I've lived here who came to Canada with nothing but the clothes on their back. They all had one thing in common, the will to succeed and the work ethic needed to accomplish that. A great number of them were from Eastern European countries, and, of course, many of them were Jewish, some of whom were Holocaust survivors. I take my hat off to them, each and every one.
    Totally agree.
    There is no secret formula.The opportunities years ago were enterprise rather than the education ladder.
    The Holocaust survivors worked in factory's markets and shops to survive and support their children on the education ladder.

Many suffer from PTSD and admit to being a workaholic to cope with past memory and fear of destitution.

said Guest
    Totally agree.
    There is no secret formula.The opportunities years ago were enterprise rather than the education ladder.
    The Holocaust survivors worked in factory's markets and shops to survive and support their children on the education ladder.

Many suffer from PTSD and admit to being a workaholic to cope with past memory and fear of destitution.
    Maths and logic does not seem to be a strong point on this site, does it?

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by said View Post
    It certainly doesn't... not that I'd classify subtraction as maths.

Quote Originally Posted by said
    He came to the UK in 1976, by his own admission, and he studied for a PhD in Electrical Engineering?? This would have taken at very least a period of 8 years, bringing the time line to 1984. There are no papers published for his degree. Koukash states that 26 years ago he was flat broke when the bank manager took him to the horse races and advised him to buy a race horse. 26 years ago - he would still have been studying for his degree??
    2018-26 = 1992 ... not 1984 (the year you've estimated he finished his studies) or earlier.

However, as he bought his first horse in 2007, your erroneous calculation is irrelevant

Likes / Dislikes
    Maths I hold my hands up to being rubbish.

Logic I discussed.

Refugee to Jordan and immigrant to the UK the man is a success story.
    As a very rich tax paying man he is a bonus.

I cannot find any stuff to the contrary that as a British Citizen he gives
    a lot back to British Society community wise.

Please don't tell me you are adopting the lefty bashing of rich bod's old bean?

said Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by seivad View Post
    I missed that gem. I think it's you who has slipped up on your research!
    In answer to the questions raised in your post:The six day war occurred in 1967, when Koukash was nine years old. Where Koukash was born is Area B of the West Bank which is is 28% Palestine/Israeli governed. The Israelis bombed certain areas of the West Bank in reprisals for attacks on Israel carried out by the Palestinians from those areas. The Palestinians had a bomb factory there.
    It is quite possible for a family to take 3 days to travel from Hebron to the Jordan River, although crossing the border has very limited access to Palestinians.
    I am not inferring that Koukash does not have a degree, it is not always necessary to publish papers for a doctorate - I am merely pointing out that there is a great variation between Electrical Engineering, a field in which he did not engage upon in his career - to that of Business Studies. He would have had to obtain a very high position in Business Studies to obtain the position of an international Business Director, and he would have had to have many more years in teaching. This would have taken his Years in the UK to 1989, at the very least before becoming an IBD. He would have been receiving pretty good wages as a University Lecturer, double that if he had been IBD.Yet, he does not appear to have saved any of this money since he was broke just a couple of years later. Although there is no information as to how long he held the position of an IBD, most certainly he would have needed a degree in Business Studies and more. There is no record of any business that he was involved in before 2007, according to Companies House.
    In 1992, he got married, after that there is no record of what he was doing until 2007 when he purchased a racehorse, which you cannot do on mere pocket money. Now Euromatec, which Koukash claims to own was established in the UK in 2014. This received a compulsory strike off in 2017. However - it can clearly be seen on the company's web site that Euromatec was established in 2003 - in Dubai. Koukash is not the Director, he is an Operations Manager for the company! Anyone who knows even the slightest about Horse Racing will tell you the most enthusiastic supporters of horse racing are the Arabs. Hence Koukash's claims to 100 race horses.
    Even if, as he also claims - Koukash was doing bit jobs to build his 'empire' - if he was working seven days a week, earning £400,000 per year for ten years,(almost triple that of the Prime Ministers earnings) and not spending a penny on rent or bills - he would only have amassed £4m in ten years.
    In 2007, Koukash purchased a Hotel in Liverpool. The Layla. This went into liquidation not long after owing hundreds of thousands to the Co-operative Bank and other creditors.
    He also part owned a Rugby Club in Salford, from which he resigned in January of this year after several misjudgements which the management found rather strange.
    Koukash's children are being sent to Dubai to finish their education over there and if Koukash has earned his money in Dubai, he will not be liable to pay taxes in the UK, that, along with leaving sums outstanding to creditors in the UK, is not good.
    It is an insult to the British people because the programme leads people to believe that Koukash made his money purely in the UK simply by working hard. For honest hard working British people, paying for their cost of living and all their taxes - that is almost highly misleading.

Likes / Dislikes
    In answer to the questions raised in your post:The six day war occurred in 1967, when Koukash was nine years old. Where Koukash was born is Area B of the West Bank which is is 28% Palestine/Israeli governed. The Israelis bombed certain areas of the West Bank in reprisals for attacks on Israel carried out by the Palestinians from those areas. The Palestinians had a bomb factory there.
    It is quite possible for a family to take 3 days to travel from Hebron to the Jordan River, although crossing the border has very limited access to Palestinians.
    I am not inferring that Koukash does not have a degree, it is not always necessary to publish papers for a doctorate - I am merely pointing out that there is a great variation between Electrical Engineering, a field in which he did not engage upon in his career - to that of Business Studies. He would have had to obtain a very high position in Business Studies to obtain the position of an international Business Director, and he would have had to have many more years in teaching. This would have taken his Years in the UK to 1989, at the very least before becoming an IBD. He would have been receiving pretty good wages as a University Lecturer, double that if he had been IBD.Yet, he does not appear to have saved any of this money since he was broke just a couple of years later. Although there is no information as to how long he held the position of an IBD, most certainly he would have needed a degree in Business Studies and more. There is no record of any business that he was involved in before 2007, according to Companies House.
    In 1992, he got married, after that there is no record of what he was doing until 2007 when he purchased a racehorse, which you cannot do on mere pocket money. Now Euromatec, which Koukash claims to own was established in the UK in 2014. This received a compulsory strike off in 2017. However - it can clearly be seen on the company's web site that Euromatec was established in 2003 - in Dubai. Koukash is not the Director, he is an Operations Manager for the company! Anyone who knows even the slightest about Horse Racing will tell you the most enthusiastic supporters of horse racing are the Arabs. Hence Koukash's claims to 100 race horses.
    Even if, as he also claims - Koukash was doing bit jobs to build his 'empire' - if he was working seven days a week, earning £400,000 per year for ten years,(almost triple that of the Prime Ministers earnings) and not spending a penny on rent or bills - he would only have amassed £4m in ten years.
    In 2007, Koukash purchased a Hotel in Liverpool. The Layla. This went into liquidation not long after owing hundreds of thousands to the Co-operative Bank and other creditors.
    He also part owned a Rugby Club in Salford, from which he resigned in January of this year after several misjudgements which the management found rather strange.
    It is an insult to the British people because the programme leads people to believe that Koukash made his money purely in the UK simply by working hard. For honest hard working British people, paying for their cost of living and all their taxes - that is almost highly misleading.

This is the specific history you need.

"The Six-Day War took place in June 1967. The Six-Day War was fought between June 5th and June 10th. The Israelis defended the war as a preventative military effort to counter what the Israelis saw as an impending attack by Arab nations that surrounded Israel. The Six-Day War was initiated by General Moshe Dayan, the Israeli’s Defence Minister.

The war was against Syria, Jordan and Egypt. Israel believed that it was only a matter of time before the three Arab states co-ordinated a massive attack on Israel. After the 1956 Suez Crisis, the United Nationshad established a presence in the Middle East, especially at sensitive border areas. The United Nations was only there with the agreement of the nations that acted as a host to it. By May 1967, the Egyptians had made it clear that the United Nations was no longer wanted in the Suez region. Gamal Nasser, leader of Egypt, ordered a concentration of Egyptian military forces in the sensitive Suez zone. This was a highly provocative act and the Israelis only viewed it one way – that Egypt was preparing to attack. The Egyptians had also enforced a naval blockade which closed off the Gulf of Aqaba to Israeli shipping.

Rather than wait to be attacked, the Israelis launched a hugely successful military campaign against its perceived enemies. The air forces of Egypt, Jordan, Syria and Iraq were all but destroyed on June 5th. By June 7th, many Egyptian tanks had been destroyed in the Sinai Desert and Israeli forces reached the Suez Canal. On the same day, the whole of the west bank of the Jordan River had been cleared of Jordanian forces. The Golan Heights were captured from Syria and Israeli forces moved 30 miles into Syria itself."

The war was a disaster for the Arab world and temporarily weakened the man who was seen as the leader of the Arabs – Gamal Abdul Nasser of Egypt. The war was a military disaster for the Arabs but it was also a massive blow to the Arabs morale. Here were four of the strongest Arab nations systematically defeated by just one nation.

The success of the campaign must have surprised the Israelis. However, it also gave them a major problem that was to prove a major problem for the Israeli government for decades. By capturing the Sinai, the Golan Heights and the West Bank of the Jordan River, the Israelis had captured for themselves areas of great strategic value. However, the West Bank also contained over 600,000 Arabs who now came under Israeli administration. Their plight led many young Arabs into joining the Palestinian Liberation Organisation (PLO), a group that the Israelis deemed a terrorist organisation. Israeli domestic policies became a lot more complicated after the military successes of June 1967.

said Guest
    This is the specific history you need.

"The Six-Day War took place in June 1967. The Six-Day War was fought between June 5th and June 10th. The Israelis defended the war as a preventative military effort to counter what the Israelis saw as an impending attack by Arab nations that surrounded Israel. The Six-Day War was initiated by General Moshe Dayan, the Israeli’s Defence Minister.

The war was against Syria, Jordan and Egypt. Israel believed that it was only a matter of time before the three Arab states co-ordinated a massive attack on Israel. After the 1956 Suez Crisis, the United Nationshad established a presence in the Middle East, especially at sensitive border areas. The United Nations was only there with the agreement of the nations that acted as a host to it. By May 1967, the Egyptians had made it clear that the United Nations was no longer wanted in the Suez region. Gamal Nasser, leader of Egypt, ordered a concentration of Egyptian military forces in the sensitive Suez zone. This was a highly provocative act and the Israelis only viewed it one way – that Egypt was preparing to attack. The Egyptians had also enforced a naval blockade which closed off the Gulf of Aqaba to Israeli shipping.

Rather than wait to be attacked, the Israelis launched a hugely successful military campaign against its perceived enemies. The air forces of Egypt, Jordan, Syria and Iraq were all but destroyed on June 5th. By June 7th, many Egyptian tanks had been destroyed in the Sinai Desert and Israeli forces reached the Suez Canal. On the same day, the whole of the west bank of the Jordan River had been cleared of Jordanian forces. The Golan Heights were captured from Syria and Israeli forces moved 30 miles into Syria itself."

The war was a disaster for the Arab world and temporarily weakened the man who was seen as the leader of the Arabs – Gamal Abdul Nasser of Egypt. The war was a military disaster for the Arabs but it was also a massive blow to the Arabs morale. Here were four of the strongest Arab nations systematically defeated by just one nation.

The success of the campaign must have surprised the Israelis. However, it also gave them a major problem that was to prove a major problem for the Israeli government for decades. By capturing the Sinai, the Golan Heights and the West Bank of the Jordan River, the Israelis had captured for themselves areas of great strategic value. However, the West Bank also contained over 600,000 Arabs who now came under Israeli administration. Their plight led many young Arabs into joining the Palestinian Liberation Organisation (PLO), a group that the Israelis deemed a terrorist organisation. Israeli domestic policies became a lot more complicated after the military successes of June 1967.
    That is interesting thanks. But did you know there are large numbers of Israelis in all Arab countries. A book by Tim Francis entitled "Joint Shadows over Iran" is a very interesting read. Tim Francis, White British - married an Iranian woman and his very open, initially naive account is really informative as he travels around the Middle East. His account supports that which I had discovered years ago - all Middle Eastern people are really nice to talk to, very friendly - But you would be a fool to ever trust any if you were in business with them.
    By the way - don't believe everything about Israel being a greater force. One third of the USA's overseas aid money goes to Israel to purchase arms. Israel is another arm of the USA army and has been since the Cold War. The USA, has managed to prevent the UN from investigating the stockpile of nuclear and other armaments that Israel has.

Likes / Dislikes
    That is interesting thanks. But did you know there are large numbers of Israelis in all Arab countries. A book by Tim Francis entitled "Joint Shadows over Iran" is a very interesting read. Tim Francis, White British - married an Iranian woman and his very open, initially naive account is really informative as he travels around the Middle East. His account supports that which I had discovered years ago - all Middle Eastern people are really nice to talk to, very friendly - But you would be a fool to ever trust any if you were in business with them.
    No I did not know there are large numbers of Israeli's in all Arab countries.

Did you know there are 1,808,000 Arabs in Israel?
    Perhaps there is some kind of exchange holiday scheme going on.

said Guest
    No I did not know there are large numbers of Israeli's in all Arab countries.

Did you know there are 1,808,000 Arabs in Israel?
    Perhaps there is some kind of exchange holiday scheme going on.
    Ha!Ha! Now why did I not think of that?

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Also website at southportnews.co.uk

Southport Music & Piano Academy

Qlocal Supports Woodlands Animal Sanctuary

Woodlands Animal Sanctuary Charity

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in southport
Replacement Stove Glass in southport
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News

30 Virginia Street, Southport, PR8 6RU
Established 17 years ago. MOT\'s, servicing, repairs. Free collection and delivery service.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 543808
The Willwriting Guild (UK) Ltd, Eldon Court, 39-41 Hoghton Street, Southport, PR90NS
The WWG is a family run business established in 1991 specialising in Wills. Our services also include Lasting Power of Attorney, Trusts, Probate, Equity Release, Funeral Plans & Document Storage.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 546688

Southport & Ainsdale Golf Club, Bradshawa Lane, Southport, PR8 3LG
Following a full time career, Jim has now settled in to a challenging and exciting role as club professional at Southport and Ainsdale Golf Club.
WEBSITE     TEL: 577316
486 Liverpool Road, Birkdale, Southport, PR8 3BD
We manufacture all types of Memorials and Cremation Tablets in marble, granite and stone. Existing monuments renovated & restored. Additional Inscriptions available on request
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 578854

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)