southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst ... LastLast
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoja View Post
    Do I really NEED to????

It's all Greek to me!
    I think you'll find he's not!
    Just be yourself, no one else is better qualified!!

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by said View Post
    Yeah! They seem to forget the rest of the Royal Family who are in other countries, married to various nationalities.
    Name them.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick2 View Post
    I think you'll find he's not!
    True! And the Queen and Philip are 3rd cousins via Queen Victoria, the grandmother of Europe. They're also 2nd cousins, once removed, through Christian IX of Denmark.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by seivad View Post
    True! And the Queen and Philip are 3rd cousins via Queen Victoria, the grandmother of Europe. They're also 2nd cousins, once removed, through Christian IX of Denmark.
    I didn't realise you had an Incest sorry Interest in the Royal Family.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Londoner View Post
    I didn't realise you had an Incest sorry Interest in the Royal Family.
    Not really... I find it relatively boring!

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by gazaprop View Post
    Strictly speaking you're correct but, by covering this wedding ad nauseum, other news items, which are actually important, end up getting bumped.
    ad nauseam?

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoja View Post
    Do I really NEED to????

It's all Greek to me!
    Technically, Prince Philip's title at birth was Duke of Greece and Denmark. His family were exiled from Greece. I believe he is second or third cousin to Queen Elizabeth.
    The Royal Families of England, Germany, Belgium, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Luxembourg, Greece, Sweden, Norway, Bulgaria, Roumania and Russia, are all related through inter-marriages, and all of them are in a roundabout way related to the British Royal Family for that reason. Queen Victoria, it is now claimed was illegitimate, her father was said to be Sir John Conroy, of the 18th Anglo-Irish ascendancy gentry. This is untrue her father was Edward.

Likes / Dislikes
    Technically, Prince Philip's title at birth was Duke of Greece and Denmark.
    Prince Philip of Greece and Denmark.

Likes / Dislikes
    Queen Victoria, it is now claimed was illegitimate, her father was said to be Sir John Conroy, of the 18th Anglo-Irish ascendancy gentry. This is untrue her father was Edward.
    Thank god for that the didicoy would think they had Royal Rights to set up camp anywhere, oh hang on they already do think that don't they.

Likes / Dislikes
    Feel good now, do you?

Absolutely tickety boo thanks! Think this warm weather is warding the arthritis off feeling very sprightly.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Londoner View Post
    Absolutely tickety boo thanks! Think this warm weather is warding the arthritis off feeling very sprightly.
    Pity the same cant be said for the vacant space between your ears!. But then it could be the alcohol that's warping your opinions and judgement.
    Just be yourself, no one else is better qualified!!

Likes / Dislikes
    Many (if not all) newspapers etc. make their money by devoting the front page to articles the majority want to read. Just turn the page!
    Nobody would argue with that, but in last weekends "Mail On Sunday" you had to get to page 46 before you could read anything other than about the wedding. Yesterdays "Sun" had blanket wedding coverage for the first 20 pages - plus a centre spread supplement. Today I glanced at all the front pages in the paper shop before deciding which paper to buy, and because they seemed to all feature the same wedding photograph, I chose to keep my money in my pocket.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Albion102 View Post
    How much appetite is there really for a celebrity wedding out there ? Asking for a friend - I've never watched more than a few seconds of any royal wedding.
    Two billion watched the wedding, that how much appetite there was . There were street parties, thousands and thousands lined the streets of Windsor but there were some who decry our heritage and our royal family , but they forget that the groom did two stints in a War Zone . Got it .
    REST IN PEACE THE 96.
    Y.N.W.A.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by grassroots View Post
    Two billion watched the wedding, that how much appetite there was . There were street parties, thousands and thousands lined the streets of Windsor but there were some who decry our heritage and our royal family , but they forget that the groom did two stints in a War Zone . Got it .
    The report (only the Express) of 2Bn does sound fanciful, it was around 20m in the UK and 30m in the US, both of whom had a particular interest in the wedding, the latter because of the bride and that tedious preacher.

So around 30% of the UK population and 15% of the US population watched the wedding, and the Express claims that 25% of the world's population watched it ?

Harry seems a good guy, wish him no ill, the weddings over, and I bought some nice shrubs in an empty garden centre - result.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Albion102 View Post
    The report (only the Express) of 2Bn does sound fanciful, it was around 20m in the UK and 30m in the US, both of whom had a particular interest in the wedding, the latter because of the bride and that tedious preacher.

So around 30% of the UK population and 15% of the US population watched the wedding, and the Express claims that 25% of the world's population watched it ?

Harry seems a good guy, wish him no ill, the weddings over, and I bought some nice shrubs in an empty garden centre - result.
    Thank you for a pleasant response .
    REST IN PEACE THE 96.
    Y.N.W.A.

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Also website at southportnews.co.uk

Southport Music & Piano Academy

Qlocal Supports Woodlands Animal Sanctuary

Woodlands Animal Sanctuary Charity

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in southport
Replacement Stove Glass in southport
Supporting Local Business
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)