southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
1 LastLast

Thread: Age of equality

Likes / Dislikes

Age of equality

Before people rip into me, this is a question.
    Some 10 years back I told my wife that my father would be doing
    Somersaults in his grave.
    Wife said why, I said I fancy the postman.
    Now I ask ,only because I haven't seen.
    How many of you ladies work on the refuse wagons ?
    or is a. possible that a team of might upset the system by doing a round 1 hour less than the male team.
    Only asking.

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    To clarify, the “postMAN” you said you fancied was a postWOMAN? Firstly, very disrespectful to your wife if you did tell her you fancied someone else. I would have got rid of you there and then. Just heard Mary Berry say on TV that the secret to a HAPPY marriage is respect. I totally agree with her. With regard to any women working an hour less than men if they worked as refuse collectors, why would that be? I have never seen any women refuse collectors myself - maybe Sefton Council need to look at why they only appear to employ men. I am sure plenty of women would be willing to do the job.

Likes / Dislikes
    By the way, I remember postwomen in the 80’s - a girl I went to school with became one, so if you only noticed women doing the job in 2008 you need to get out more.

Likes / Dislikes
    VB123 , what a total tosser you are . All people look at the opposite sex and have an opinion.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by ausard2 View Post
    VB123 , what a total tosser you are . All people look at the opposite sex and have an opinion.
    ...and what a charmer you are!
    Volunteers needed now

Southport And Formby Special Athletes
    Registered charity no. 1037697

www.southportspecialathletes.org.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    So narrow minded some people are . I work hard , I don't deal
    with money I watch on the side lines.
    Reality , in most cases women are extremely good at dealing with
    finances.

Likes / Dislikes
    You didn’t just look at the opposite sex and have an opinion though did you, you told your wife you fancied another woman. Maybe your wife does the same back, who knows, but if she doesn’t, then it is very disrespectful. I am not surprised you don’t know how to show respect to women if you were brought up in a home where the idea of a woman delivering the post as a job was so unthinkable.

Likes / Dislikes
    So narrow minded some people are . I work hard , I don't deal
    with money I watch on the side lines.
    Reality , in most cases women are extremely good at dealing with
    finances.
    Most of us have always worked hard - what has that got to do with anything?

Likes / Dislikes
    By the way, if you aren’t happy to be criticised for your sexist comments don’t post them on online forums.

Likes / Dislikes
    Wow , what a bunch of simpletons you are. As for respect you guys must have spent a lot of time in some institution.
    Do you not communicate with your partners.
    So I really can't be bothered continuing this thread.
    The original question was are there any ladies working on the
    refuse wagons?

Likes / Dislikes
    Wow , what a bunch of simpletons you are. As for respect you guys must have spent a lot of time in some institution.
    Do you not communicate with your partners.
    So I really can't be bothered continuing this thread.
    The original question was are there any ladies working on the
    refuse wagons?
    I think the description suits you more. So communicating with your partner means telling them you fancy other women? Wow, what a lucky woman your wife must be. Typical of men like you to call women names just because they call you out on your sexist comments. I pity your poor wife. As for your your original question, it did ask if any women worked as refuse collectors but also questioned whether the team was upset with women working one hour less. Why do you assume women refuse collectors would work an hour less than the men?

Likes / Dislikes
    zzzzzzzzzzz

Likes / Dislikes
    zzzzzzzzzzz
    At least you know when you have lost the argument.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by VB123 View Post
    At least you know when you have lost the argument.
    Argument?? It wasn't an argument just the normal "YOU" expecting everybody to assume they have been told off because they, like many others, don't agree with you. I pity your husband whatever sex he is.

No doubt you'll come back with your usual labels because we are not as perfect as you.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Londoner View Post
    Argument?? It wasn't an argument just the normal "YOU" expecting everybody to assume they have been told off because they, like many others, don't agree with you. I pity your husband whatever sex he is.

No doubt you'll come back with your usual labels because we are not as perfect as you.
    Might have known you would comment to defend sexist attitudes towards women. In your case, if you didn’t like being called homophobic or a bully - simple, don’t post homophobic comments or try to bully people online. Must have killed you to only put one word in capitals then. I would say that once the other man started calling us names such as tosser, simpletons and saying we must have been in institutions did make it into an argument - it wasn’t a discussion as he wouldn’t discuss the content of his post. Read it again!

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Also website at southportnews.co.uk

Southport Music & Piano Academy

Qlocal Supports Woodlands Animal Sanctuary

Woodlands Animal Sanctuary Charity

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in southport
Replacement Stove Glass in southport
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News

15 Hampton Road, Southport, PR8 6SX
Your local hire centre. Extensive range of tools and equipment. Suppliers to the trade and DIY
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 538595
106 - 114 Shakespeare Street, Southport, PR8 5AJ
Big brands, big deals, 250 machines displayed, tractors, chainsaws, shredders, cultivators, aerators, vacs, trimmers, robot mowers, authorised warranty, most makes, est. 66 years
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 535369

178 Bispham Road, Southport, PR9 7DF
Although mainly catering for the family cyclist, our business encompasses all aspects of cycling.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 228805
486 Liverpool Road, Birkdale, Southport, PR8 3BD
We manufacture all types of Memorials and Cremation Tablets in marble, granite and stone. Existing monuments renovated & restored. Additional Inscriptions available on request
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 578854

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)