southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
    Likes / Dislikes

A national disgrace.

I'm referring to the amount of young people sleeping rough on the countries streets , we as tax payers pay millions a day on foreign aid yet we can't house people.
    It's a bloody national disgrace , these people NEED HELP . How the hell do the government allow this to happen , if these humans were animals there would a public outcry .
    REST IN PEACE THE 96.
    Y.N.W.A.

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by grassroots View Post
    How the hell do the government allow this to happen
    The actively encourage it.
    They deny young people housing benefit.
    They deny young people the same national living wage that older people are allowed.
    They decimate funding for services that support young people.
    And you keep voting for the party that does this. Presumably these are more Tory policies that you don't agree with.

Likes / Dislikes
    Here's a heart warming story about a Homeless Guy who rescued Two Ducks http://metro.co.uk/2017/02/10/homele...m-him-6439997/
    "Someone has called the police and RSPCA, there were nine officers, a riot van and two police cars "
    The RSPCA concerned for the welfare of the Ducks & asked him to sign the Ducks over. When he refused they called the Police who seized them..... & then left the Homeless Guy on the Street minus his Pets. Think about that for a minute. 9 Officers, one Riot Van & two Police Cars to seize Two perfectly happy & Healthy Ducks from a Guy who would probably go without to feed his Pets? A clear demonstration that peoples priorities are wrong when they are more concerned about Ducks than a Human life? Disgusting barbarity from the Authorities.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants, they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

Image changed due to narcissistic meglomania

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    The actively encourage it.
    They deny young people housing benefit.
    They deny young people the same national living wage that older people are allowed.
    They decimate funding for services that support young people.
    And you keep voting for the party that does this. Presumably these are more Tory policies that you don't agree with.
    Yes for once you are right , I do not agree. People should not be homeless whilst the country gives millions to overseas aid .
    I believe we should be looking after our own , dies that satisfy your ego .
    REST IN PEACE THE 96.
    Y.N.W.A.

Likes / Dislikes
    Yes for once you are right , I do not agree. People should not be homeless whilst the country gives millions to overseas aid .
    I believe we should be looking after our own , dies that satisfy your ego .
    Do you think homelessness in the UK would be solved if we stopped foreign aid?
    Are the 2 issues in any way related?
    Can we not afford to do both?
    What has your perception of my ego got to do with anything?

Likes / Dislikes
    Also living on the streets is a lifestyle choice for many, they don't want to be housed!

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    Do you think homelessness in the UK would be solved if we stopped foreign aid?
    Are the 2 issues in any way related?
    Can we not afford to do both?
    What has your perception of my ego got to do with anything?
    IMO the money we spend on overseas aid annually would go a long way to providing decent houses for the homeless.
    I don't care whether we can afford both , our government has a responsibility to provide decent housing for the British people first and foremost .
    You seem to have a problem with me being a Tory voter, yes I'm but that doesn't say I agree with all Tory policies.
    Can't you get that fact .
    REST IN PEACE THE 96.
    Y.N.W.A.

Likes / Dislikes
    As Concerned intimated, homelessness is a far more complex issue than simply availability of housing. I think a civilised and rich nation such as ours should have the resources to be a significant net overseas donor and to be able to provide the mental health, addiction, outreach and housing services that are needed to crack homelessness.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Albion102 View Post
    As Concerned intimated, homelessness is a far more complex issue than simply availability of housing. I think a civilised and rich nation such as ours should have the resources to be a significant net overseas donor and to be able to provide the mental health, addiction, outreach and housing services that are needed to crack homelessness.
    Probably because the wealth is held by a few and concentrated in one area and those in charge have no wish to change any of that.

Likes / Dislikes
    You seem to have a problem with me being a Tory voter, yes I'm but that doesn't say I agree with all Tory policies.
    Can't you get that fact .
    Yes I get it.
    I'm just intrigued as to which of their policies you do agree with.

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Also website at southportnews.co.uk

Southport Music & Piano Academy

Qlocal Supports Woodlands Animal Sanctuary

Woodlands Animal Sanctuary Charity

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in southport
Replacement Stove Glass in southport
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News

4-8 Liverpool Avenue, Ainsdale, Southport, PR8 3NH
We have a superb range of over-mantle mirrors to complement any room setting, with over 300 in stock to view.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 578788
30 Virginia Street, Southport, PR8 6RU
Established 17 years ago. MOT\'s, servicing, repairs. Free collection and delivery service.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 543808

Unit 24 AK Business Park, Russell Road, Southport, PR9 7SA
Rimmers Windows, a family run business, has gone from strength to strength since opening in 1991 and has developed a reputation second to none for top quality windows and doors, available at very competitive rates.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 505511
486 Liverpool Road, Birkdale, Southport, PR8 3BD
We manufacture all types of Memorials and Cremation Tablets in marble, granite and stone. Existing monuments renovated & restored. Additional Inscriptions available on request
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 578854

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)