southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
1 LastLast
    Likes / Dislikes

8th March. Women’s day

To my fellow women posters, I wish you all a very Peaceful and Happy
    International women’s day..bless.

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Thank you Shippy.

To all successful women.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm-LBINotnw

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by shippy View Post
    To my fellow women posters, I wish you all a very Peaceful and Happy
    International women’s day..bless.
    Hear, hear.
    REST IN PEACE THE 96.
    Y.N.W.A.

Likes / Dislikes
    Thank you Shippy. Best wishes to all women, successful or not. (what exactly describes ‘success in women’ Hamble?)
    I thought I had forgotton how to make lumpy gravy.

Likes / Dislikes
    When's men's day?

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue Ellen View Post
    Thank you Shippy. Best wishes to all women, successful or not. (what exactly describes ‘success in women’ Hamble?)
    Yes, my query too? How do you class a successful woman? Is that a woman who chooses a career over that of rearing children? Is it a woman who chooses to raise a family at the cost of her career?

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by said View Post
    Yes, my query too? How do you class a successful woman? Is that a woman who chooses a career over that of rearing children? Is it a woman who chooses to raise a family at the cost of her career?
    It's somebody who does both https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicola_Horlick

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Albion102 View Post
    But Nicola Horlick didn't do it on her own, did she?? She was/is wealthy enough to employ full time help. Hardly the average mother then!
    Just be yourself, no one else is better qualified!!

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue Ellen View Post
    In my post it was tongue in cheek with the link.

Otherwise....
    A successful woman like a successful man does the job and makes a difference.
    Whether it be quietly or in the public eye those they leave behind
    will remember and hold their example.

Likes / Dislikes
    That needs a holistic measurement.

A woman who stays at home to raise her family resenting the interruption to her career can hardly be as successful as one without resentment.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick2 View Post
    But Nicola Horlick didn't do it on her own, did she?? She was/is wealthy enough to employ full time help. Hardly the average mother then!
    I never said she was an average mother, more an example of what can be achieved. She had the money to do that because she earned it. People have a range of choices and opportunities.

I've always been with career women. I can't imagine what it is like to come home to somebody who has spent all day looking after kids and no real idea of what a workplace is like. The dynamic of me stressing about deadlines, sales pitches and cashflow whilst she is worrying about Tanya looking at her a bit funny at Pilates. That would drive me mad. I know a couple with that dynamic (despite her being an intelligent university educated woman), and she gets frequent visits from a plumber and I suspect he has a secretary on the go.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamble View Post
    In my post it was tongue in cheek with the link.

Otherwise....
    A successful woman like a successful man does the job and makes a difference.
    Whether it be quietly or in the public eye those they leave behind
    will remember and hold their example.
    My idea of a successful person, man or woman, is someone who is truly happy in all that they do.

Today, more women are being placed in roles to satisfy PC, they are not given the position simply because of their talents. There are roles that men are more suited to and there are roles that women are suited to. A woman can demand equal pay to do a certain job - but if that woman has to turn to her male counterpart and ask him to lift something heavy for her - then she is incapable of doing equal tasks. As the roles of male and female in employment become more indistinct, so do the social roles. Men no longer feel that they need to 'protect' a woman, they no longer feel responsible for her yet who would be expected to act if the woman is threatened in some way?

No - I am not a chauvinist. I believe that people should undertake the jobs that they are biologically suited to - not what the media claims they are entitled to. For example, line up a number of men and women to run a race - that is equality. To force both men and women to cross the finishing line at the same time is tyranny - since they both run at a different pace due to their biological composition.

Society is being forced to follow certain channels in life - they are not being allowed to evolve naturally.

Likes / Dislikes
    My idea of a successful person, man or woman, is someone who is truly happy in all that they do.

Today, more women are being placed in roles to satisfy PC, they are not given the position simply because of their talents. There are roles that men are more suited to and there are roles that women are suited to. A woman can demand equal pay to do a certain job - but if that woman has to turn to her male counterpart and ask him to lift something heavy for her - then she is incapable of doing equal tasks. As the roles of male and female in employment become more indistinct, so do the social roles. Men no longer feel that they need to 'protect' a woman, they no longer feel responsible for her yet who would be expected to act if the woman is threatened in some way?

No - I am not a chauvinist. I believe that people should undertake the jobs that they are biologically suited to - not what the media claims they are entitled to.

Society is being forced to follow certain channels in life - they are not being allowed to evolve naturally.
    Quotarism.
    Employing women or ethnic minority to suit a political agenda.

Some of the Labour women MP's are frankly embarrassing on QT.

This happened disastrously with women G.ps years ago.
    Great idea to have a woman G.P in every family practice.

Years on the result is women have children have to job share.
    Twice as many Gp's are needed.
    Cost of training doubles.
    If a woman G.p leaves replacing by locum heavily reflects on cost.

Locum doctors often refuse to do certain work carried out by other
    partners.

Likes / Dislikes
    Devil's advocate question here -

A man decides that fatherhood is not for him and decides not to have children, similarly his female colleague makes the same decision.
    In the same company another man and woman decide that being parents is just what they want and have children with their respective partners.
    All four are equally qualified in their field.

Five years down the line the two who had children return to the company and complain they are not being paid the same as the two who haven't been away.
    The two who haven't been away point to the 5 years extra experience in the role and object to them being paid the same.

Who is right?

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by gazaprop View Post

Who is right?
    By and large, in business, your career is forged in the first ten years. If you've not made some pretty big strides by your mid-30s, you are not going to make it. Some of the most successful people I know were semi-retired by their mid-40s, having made their loot and standing back for those with the energy to continue.

If you take five years out to sing nursery rhymes, do pilates and drink coffee with the yummies then you'll miss that particular boat.

On the other hand, my ex only took up her career once the (four) kids were through that stage and made it to the top of the teaching profession in her late forties. I'm not sure you can make rules, it depends upon the sort of job. If you are working in a lower/middle job in the public sector, there will be a difference exactly relating to the number of progression/spinal points missed in the five years.

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Also website at southportnews.co.uk

Southport Music & Piano Academy

Qlocal Supports Woodlands Animal Sanctuary

Woodlands Animal Sanctuary Charity

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in southport
Replacement Stove Glass in southport
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News

Southport & Ainsdale Golf Club, Bradshawa Lane, Southport, PR8 3LG
Following a full time career, Jim has now settled in to a challenging and exciting role as club professional at Southport and Ainsdale Golf Club.
WEBSITE     TEL: 577316
Heritage Houset, 9b Hoghton St, Southport, PR9 0TE
All your business insurance needs under one roof! Car, motor, home, taxi, fleets, shops, offices Best cover found at lowest prices! Free quotations provided.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 631913

Unit 24 AK Business Park, Russell Road, Southport, PR9 7SA
Rimmers Windows, a family run business, has gone from strength to strength since opening in 1991 and has developed a reputation second to none for top quality windows and doors, available at very competitive rates.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 505511
106 - 114 Shakespeare Street, Southport, PR8 5AJ
Big brands, big deals, 250 machines displayed, tractors, chainsaws, shredders, cultivators, aerators, vacs, trimmers, robot mowers, authorised warranty, most makes, est. 66 years
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 535369

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)